Brad Kaaya arm strength

AguanteHurricanes

Thunderdome
How would you describe it? Avg?

I remember last year there were a lot of mopes complaining about this arm strength.

I forget what it's like but I will be taking a good look this year.

If I remember correctly my main issue with him last year (nitpicking) were his inconsistent short yardage throws or long hash throws where he had to zip it.

Advertisement
Arm strength is fine, it's mostly his footwork that's the problem. He gets caught flat on his feet a lot, doesn't set them, and his throwing motion goes all to ****. When he puts it all together, he's got better than average arm strength.

Arm strength is fine, it's mostly his footwork that's the problem. He gets caught flat on his feet a lot, doesn't set them, and his throwing motion goes all to ****. When he puts it all together, he's got better than average arm strength.

You're right. I just remember a lot of his throws last year were REALLY inconsistent.

Better than above average IMO . I want to see better accuracy from this year in the 65% plus range.

Advertisement
My concern is that 90% of his completions came in the middle of the field. Dump offs to Duke, Clive. I think he struggles to throw the deep throws that aren't just chuck it out there bombs. We did not throw the 15 yard out to the wide side of the field, and we got away from the back shoulder throw as well. Those are ,timing and arm strength throws. I am looking for his vision to improve. Some of the times our offense looked bad were because they clogged up the box, in doing that they also clogged up the middle of the passing lanes.

Kid is a stud though. I think his arm strength is plenty good enough to do those things. Its just a matter of repetition and the confidence to make those plays. As with any College soph it would be nice to see him go through his progressions more too. a lot of those dumps offs were probably not the second read, when his first wasn't there he quickly went to the dump off. Which is why so many WR's numbers were down so much last yr.

Thought he was better than advertised as a freshman. Arm strength was more than adequate and presumably will get better as he matures and physically develops. Major concern would be his footwork and presence in the pocket. He seemed to rattle easily in the face of pressure. Again, assume this will all improve with experience and familiarity with the offense.

Beginning of year

MiniatureLargeKoala.gif

Mid Season

ElementaryUnpleasantAsiaticwildass.gif

More confidence helps with arm strength and ball placement

Last edited:
Advertisement
His foot work got way better when the year went on and the numbers got better, still think the play calling didnt help him much

What helps Kaaya is he has amazing touching and he's got great ball placement.. U don't need a canon at all look at Tanehill, guy has a canon but no touch or deep ball accuracy

My concern is that 90% of his completions came in the middle of the field. Dump offs to Duke, Clive. I think he struggles to throw the deep throws that aren't just chuck it out there bombs. We did not throw the 15 yard out to the wide side of the field, and we got away from the back shoulder throw as well. Those are ,timing and arm strength throws. I am looking for his vision to improve. Some of the times our offense looked bad were because they clogged up the box, in doing that they also clogged up the middle of the passing lanes.

Kid is a stud though. I think his arm strength is plenty good enough to do those things. Its just a matter of repetition and the confidence to make those plays. As with any College soph it would be nice to see him go through his progressions more too. a lot of those dumps offs were probably not the second read, when his first wasn't there he quickly went to the dump off. Which is why so many WR's numbers were down so much last yr.

Throwing to the middle of the field is what I like most about him. For to many years we have abandoned the TE and the middle of the field after owning it for decades. The problems occur when our coaches fail to adjust to or anticipate the other teams' adjustments. In 2nd half last year, noles had had to drop the safety back and into the middle to stop Brad's throws to Clive. Coley and Al should have anticipated that and taken advantage of it. Brad showed plenty of ability to take the top off defenses last year with PD. The kid has proven he can and does improve every day. If our coaches could only do as much, we would be back in the hunt.

Let's give him a chance to grow up from being an 18 year old kid fresh out of HS. We will soon see how he develops into. I for one believe in the kid and hopefully he can show out in this current **** show.

Advertisement
U don't need a canon at all look at Tanehill, guy has a canon but no touch or deep ball accuracy

His arm strength can't stay the same though.
Touch & ball placement are good and all, but like [MENTION=2059]frostycane[/MENTION] alluded to above, He's gonna have to put some RPMs on those difficult throws (ie "the15 yard out to the wide side of the field").
Until He does that, the playbook will remain limited...physical limitations effect the playbook.
But I think He has though, He has the built in advantage of big hands & long arms to put more spins on the ball.

How would you describe it? Avg?

I remember last year there were a lot of mopes complaining about this arm strength.

I forget what it's like but I will be taking a good look this year.

If I remember correctly my main issue with him last year (nitpicking) were his inconsistent short yardage throws or long hash throws where he had to zip it.

Kayaa biggest weakness is Fat Folden

Lose
Or
Suffer
Eternally

In LOSE We Trust......Why?...................It Gets That Fat ******* Fired!

Fly The F*cking Banner!

Advertisement

CloudyFondAnt.gif

Advertisement
Back