Bracketology

I'm really not sure what you are trying to argue. Bottom line. If we win the ACC tourney, no matter what happens with every other team, the best we can hope for is a 4 seed. That's all that really matters. We aren't getting a 3 seed, period.

You are having three different imaginary arguments in this one conversation and none of them are with me. It's like you tied the goalposts to a surfboard and are paddling out at pipeline. It's not my job to get you back on track lol. Good day to you, sir, and go Canes!

Advertisement
This isn't college football where nearly every single game is ride or die. The basketball season is a long one, with 30+ games for some. Slip ups happen. At one point or another a team is going to **** the bed and lose to an inferior team. It's the way of the college basketball world. IF Miami wins the ACC tourney, all should be forgotten and Miami would deserve a top 3 seed.
I disagree. We are the only team really in discussion for any of the top-16 seeds with a Quad 4 loss. We also have a really bad Quad 3 loss to go with it. Not everybody slips up against truly horrendous teams like we did. We won't get a 3 seed and quite frankly we don't deserve a 3 seed. Even if we beat Duke and UVA in the ACC tourney.

I don't see anyway they can seed the ACC regular season and conference champion lower than a 3 seed. Come to think of it, has it ever happened before? If there's a precedent then I'll rethink it, but if it's never happened before I don't think it should happen now. We win our next 3 games, then that would put us at 27-6. An ACC team with a 27-6 record, regular season champs, and ACC tournament champions still carries weight.
They seeded the ACC regular season and conference champion as a 2 seed, in a much stronger ACC conference in the past. Much stronger.

You are having three different imaginary arguments in this one conversation and none of them are with me. It's like you tied the goalposts to a surfboard and are paddling out at pipeline. It's not my job to get you back on track lol. Good day to you, sir, and go Canes!
You have a good day as well! Glad we had this irrelevant diversion!

We win the ACC tourney I think we will be a 3. Process of elimination with Big 12 teams.
Houston
Bama
Ucla
Zona
Kansas
Texas
Purdue
Marquette

Those 8 are the only ones I think are settled.

Zags, Uconn, either KSU or Baylor and Miami as final 3 seed if we win tourney. If Baylor or KSU lose opening round I think that door opens for us.

Advertisement
We win the ACC tourney I think we will be a 3. Process of elimination with Big 12 teams.
Houston
Bama
Ucla
Zona
Kansas
Texas
Purdue
Marquette

Those 8 are the only ones I think are settled.

Zags, Uconn, either KSU or Baylor and Miami as final 3 seed if we win tourney. If Baylor or KSU lose opening round I think that door opens for us.
That's just wishful thinking.

Advertisement
I don't see anyway they can seed the ACC regular season and conference champion lower than a 3 seed. Come to think of it, has it ever happened before? If there's a precedent then I'll rethink it, but if it's never happened before I don't think it should happen now. We win our next 3 games, then that would put us at 27-6. An ACC team with a 27-6 record, regular season champs, and ACC tournament champions still carries weight.
IIRC Miami was the only team in history to win the ACC Reg Season and Tourney and not get a #1 seed.

But in fairness this year, the league is worse than it’s been in 20 years. I think 4 is our ceiling. And we will need help to get that. And by help I mean we need to play Duke in the semis and UVA in the ship to maximize the resume.

New Lunardi out this early AM has us in Orlando as a 5... and Tennessee with 9 losses still a 3 (guess beating Kansas AND Alabama got huge sway)
1678171337608.png

If we win ACC and TCU beats Kansas State and Tennessee also loses Thursday, I'd feel optimistic for a 3, passing both them and Virginia (if maybe committee is fairer than usual.)

Advertisement
Advertisement
IIRC Miami was the only team in history to win the ACC Reg Season and Tourney and not get a #1 seed.

But in fairness this year, the league is worse than it’s been in 20 years. I think 4 is our ceiling. And we will need help to get that. And by help I mean we need to play Duke in the semis and UVA in the ship to maximize the resume.
This was definitely a down year for the ACC, but a down year for the ACC is still better than most conferences. As bad as the ACC was this year it's still one of the top 3 conferences in all of college basketball. It's all conjecture and speculation but I think ACC still carries weight and a regular season champ and ACC tourney champ coming offf an Elite 8 run should warrant a top 3 seed come selection Sunday.

This was definitely a down year for the ACC, but a down year for the ACC is still better than most conferences. As bad as the ACC was this year it's still one of the top 3 conferences in all of college basketball. It's all conjecture and speculation but I think ACC still carries weight and a regular season champ and ACC tourney champ coming offf an Elite 8 run should warrant a top 3 seed come selection Sunday.
I’m not disagreeing with your overall point and 99% of the time it’s dead on. Just not this year. Take away that FSU loss, and with some help and a sweep this week, I could’ve seen a possible #3, but that’s out the window now.

Winning your conference only guarantees you a spot, it doesn’t guarantee you a certain seed, and it shouldn’t. History should play zero part in anything. It’s all about this year. Period.

Advertisement
Back