Bracketology

Advertisement
Say we: Beat PITT @Home (Quad 2 Win)

Then beat Wake in the ACCT tourney (Quad 2)

Then Duke (Quad 1)
And UVA for the Chip (Quad 1)

All matchups above are based on current seeding/my own projections

But that would put us at 27-6 with 9 Quad 1 Wins, 6-0 in quad 2’s as well as 11-1 in our last 12. Do we think that’s enough to get us a 3 seed?
No, virtually no shot at a 3 seed at this point. Quad 4 loss will kill us.

It’s amazing to me that knowing Miami got to the elite 8 last year despite a average seeding and yet it’s taken to such a serious degree, it’s almost laughable😊
Exactly. UNC made it to the Championship game as, what, an 8 or 9 seed? What seed was Butler when they went back to back in the Final game? Not to mention UVA as the #1 Tourney seed and losing in a rout to UMBC in the Tourney's first round.

Exactly. UNC made it to the Championship game as, what, an 8 or 9 seed? What seed was Butler when they went back to back in the Final game? Not to mention UVA as the #1 Tourney seed and losing in a rout to UMBC in the Tourney's first round.
It’s clearly not about the seed but about the match ups. You can be an 8 seeds with an easier road because you match up really well against your bracket.

Advertisement
Jerry Palm (CBS) has us as a 5 seed.

Lunardi newest bracket dropped us 2 seed lines, from a high 4 to the highest 6 seed. Harsh punishment for a last second loss and don’t think that reflects reality. The four #5 seeds ahead of us: Iowa State, who’s 2-7 in their last 9 (lol, play tonight against a desperate WVU), Creighton (an 11 loss team), SDSU, and St. Mary’s.

Beat Pitt and win one game in the ACCT I think we are are locked for no worse than a 5 seed. The ACC being down has completely hurt our perception. Either way, I’m sure this will motivate the team come March - they’re going to be under -seeded either way
The big 12 love is insane. Teams jumping us because big 12 losses are seen as better than acc wins. I still don't buy the ACC being that bad.

They were saying the same things last year and then everyone was shocked at acc tourney performance. I remember the announcers talking about how Auburn was probably worn out after their tough sec conference play when we were smoking them last year.

Advertisement
It’s clearly not about the seed but about the match ups. You can be an 8 seeds with an easier road because you match up really well against your bracket.
Exactly, so all this concern about a 4 vs 5 seed or whatever is essentially meaningless.

Smokin' Joe has us as a #5 seed in the midwest with #1 Kansas as of this morning.

I hate this guy.

the Kansas team that just got smoked last night? I hate these analysts.

even if we end up 4 or 5, I want us in Orlando

Advertisement
Smokin' Joe has us as a #5 seed in the midwest with #1 Kansas as of this morning.

I hate this guy.

Yea, I’m resigned to the 5 seed but these matchups would be awful. I don’t want to face Indiana, not that they’re not beatable, but when they’re on they’re on. And yea, would like to avoid Kansas if we were to make it to Sweet 16

Advertisement
Yea, I’m resigned to the 5 seed but these matchups would be awful. I don’t want to face Indiana, not that they’re not beatable, but when they’re on they’re on. And yea, would like to avoid Kansas if we were to make it to Sweet 16
Rick Flair baby, “to be the man you gotta beat the man!”

Advertisement
Back