Bracketology

Doesn't matter the NCAA will place us in the least desirable position. Loyola Chicago as an 11th seed come to mind

This year's Loyola is Oral Roberts (even if they wind up a 12 instead of an 11). Which is kind of unfair to Oral Roberts to say that, as Oral Roberts was just in the Sweet 16 as a 15 seed 2 years ago, and almost pulled a St. Peters a year before St. Peters did it. They took Arkansas to the wire and almost made the Elite 8.

Advertisement
Why is Wisconsin being put in by most brackets? Losing conference record and only 16 wins in the season.
Clemson has a better resume than them. I know the narrative is the ACC is down but we have 6 20 win teams, more than any conference.
I think the ACC will surprise during the tourney.

Honest question, why is Orlando in the Midwest region and Des Moines in the south region?

I don’t think, at this point, any site is tied to any region. The only sites that are tied to regions are the regionals. The 2nd weekend sites.

The west regional will be played in Vegas.
East in NYC.
Midwest in KC.
South in Louisville.

Beyond that, the 8 sites set to host 1st/2nd round games are not tied to any region. Orlando included. I think when you see brackets showing Orlando, for example, in a specific region, it’s just a guess.

I need to get to Vegas before I die for the first and second rounds. It's probably nuts there. Fly in Wednesday leave Sunday night.

Advertisement
Say we: Beat PITT @Home (Quad 2 Win)

Then beat Wake in the ACCT tourney (Quad 2)

Then Duke (Quad 1)
And UVA for the Chip (Quad 1)

All matchups above are based on current seeding/my own projections

But that would put us at 27-6 with 9 Quad 1 Wins, 6-0 in quad 2’s as well as 11-1 in our last 12. Do we think that’s enough to get us a 3 seed?

Then Duke (Quad 1)

But that would put us at 27-6 with 9 Quad 1 Wins, 6-0 in quad 2’s as well as 11-1 in our last 12. Do we think that’s enough to get us a 3 seed?
Close...but I think what helps is there are a lot of losses coming in front of us in the rankings with teams playing each other and some desperate teams. Then maybe a few conference tourney upsets early would go a long way. Barring 0-2 (pitt and 1 and done in acc) I think we are pretty set on 5/6ish Beat Pitt we should be a 5.

Then Duke (Quad 1)

No. We will get whacked for blowing leads to **** teams like Ga Tech and FSU.

Then Duke (Quad 1)

Seems as if they already have the seeding decided before the conference championship most of the time.

Advertisement

Then Duke (Quad 1)

Highest seed we could get is a 3 seed

I want us to be whatever seed we need to be to have some games in Orlando so I can go to them.
Why Watsco is like 4 hours away. I make that trip back and forth on a Weekday. Turnpike is wide open from West Palm north. We stayed to get an autograph after the Duke game, walked back to were we parked in front of the Titanic, got food and drinks from the mini mart and made back to Mt.Dora at 1am. Craziest thing about the January/February games is it was 76 when we left and 48 when we got off the 429 in Sorrento.

This year's Loyola is Oral Roberts (even if they wind up a 12 instead of an 11). Which is kind of unfair to Oral Roberts to say that, as Oral Roberts was just in the Sweet 16 as a 15 seed 2 years ago, and almost pulled a St. Peters a year before St. Peters did it. They took Arkansas to the wire and almost made the Elite 8.
ORU isn’t nearly is good as they were 2 years ago. Abmas is unbelievable, but the loss of Obanor keeps them from being that legitimate threat to make another run.

Idc what their record is. They’ve lost to every legit team they’ve played. Their best win is against Liberty.

Advertisement

Then Duke (Quad 1)

I am not sure if the committee pays much attention to late conf tourney wins .. especially on Saturday before selection sunday

Why Watsco is like 4 hours away. I make that trip back and forth on a Weekday. Turnpike is wide open from West Palm north. We stayed to get an autograph after the Duke game, walked back to were we parked in front of the Titanic, got food and drinks from the mini mart and made back to Mt.Dora at 1am. Craziest thing about the January/February games is it was 76 when we left and 48 when we got off the 429 in Sorrento.
Central Florida actually gets some winter weather, at least in spurts. South Florida rarely does anymore...

I need to get to Vegas before I die for the first and second rounds. It's probably nuts there. Fly in Wednesday leave Sunday night.
It is, for adult basketball fans, the best place in the world to be for the tourney, esp the first round. Of course, I think Vegas is the best place in the world for just about anything but thats just me

Advertisement
It is, for adult basketball fans, the best place in the world to be for the tourney, esp the first round. Of course, I think Vegas is the best place in the world for just about anything but thats just me
Yep I love it. I go there once a year, last year I went twice but I'm going in May this year.

Advertisement
Back