Bracketology

Blown leads to **** teams like FSU and Ga Tech and then a 8 point blown lead against Pitt does not bode well for our ranking. Team needs to beat Pitt and make a run to the championship and maybe they'll be considered a 4 seed. Right now I'm going to say 6-7 seed.
6-7 seed is worse case scenario (loss to Pitt and loss in quarters of ACC). A win vs Pitt and a win in ACC quarters locks up a 4 IMO.

Advertisement
6-7 seed is worse case scenario (loss to Pitt and loss in quarters of ACC). A win vs Pitt and a win in ACC quarters locks up a 4 IMO.
Going 1-2 the rest of the way would probably put us to closer to 10 than to 6. I think we've got to get 3 wins before Selection Sunday to secure a top 4 seed. Otherwise, I don't see it happening just because of how down the ACC is this year.

Some of the lower seeds I do not want to play are Eastern Washington, Hofstra, and Oral Roberts. Those teams will for sure be a upset pick for sure for many people.
I don’t think the brackets will end up exactly like this, but assuming they did, being in a bracket with 3 teams we’ve already played & will have beaten could be an advantage for us overall.

But I would be shocked if they put us in the Midwest; I’m guessing we’ll be in the South or East.

Advertisement
Of THESE one seeds, which would you prefer to play? I think most would say Purdue (overrated) but then who?
Purdue & Bama.

I don’t think either one will make it to the Final Four, of course I could be completely wrong given the random nature of the tournament altogether, but I think both teams have seriously benefitted from playing in down conference years where the traditional powers in each conference have suffered due to NBA & Coaching losses.

Plus both teams have played multiple games they should’ve lost all year, of course that applies to us & several other teams too lol, but they’re not as good or as invincible as their record may make them look.

I think Houston, Kansas, Arizona & Tennessee are the best 4 & most trustworthy/consistent teams in the Nation right now & will make deep runs in the tourney.

Purdue & Bama.

I don’t think either one will make it to the Final Four, of course I could be completely wrong given the random nature of the tournament altogether, but I think both teams have seriously benefitted from playing in down conference years where the traditional powers in each conference have suffered due to NBA & Coaching losses.

Plus both teams have played multiple games they should’ve lost all year, of course that applies to us & several other teams too lol, but they’re not as good or as invincible as their record may make them look.

I think Houston, Kansas, Arizona & Tennessee are the best 4 & most trustworthy/consistent teams in the Nation right now & will make deep runs in the tourney.
I'd take UCLA over Tennessee. Their d is legit. Clark is one of the best defenders in the country.

Purdue & Bama.

Tennessee?? They lose every other game and sometimes 2 in a row. They can't score consistently. They're an easy pick for a top team to be upset early this year.

Advertisement
Jerry Palm (CBS) has us as a 5 seed.

Lunardi newest bracket dropped us 2 seed lines, from a high 4 to the highest 6 seed. Harsh punishment for a last second loss and don’t think that reflects reality. The four #5 seeds ahead of us: Iowa State, who’s 2-7 in their last 9 (lol, play tonight against a desperate WVU), Creighton (an 11 loss team), SDSU, and St. Mary’s.

Beat Pitt and win one game in the ACCT I think we are are locked for no worse than a 5 seed. The ACC being down has completely hurt our perception. Either way, I’m sure this will motivate the team come March - they’re going to be under -seeded either way

Lunardi newest bracket dropped us 2 seed lines, from a high 4 to the highest 6 seed. Harsh punishment for a last second loss and don’t think that reflects reality. The four #5 seeds ahead of us: Iowa State, who’s 2-7 in their last 9 (lol, play tonight against a desperate WVU), Creighton (an 11 loss team), SDSU, and St. Mary’s.

Beat Pitt and win one game in the ACCT I think we are are locked for no worse than a 5 seed. The ACC being down has completely hurt our perception. Either way, I’m sure this will motivate the team come March - they’re going to be under -seeded either way
I've seen St. Mary's and Creighton play a few times this season and I think they're both pretty good teams. If either one of those teams gets hot, they could be tough outs come tourney time.

I've seen St. Mary's and Creighton play a few times this season and I think they're both pretty good teams. If either one of those teams gets hot, they could be tough outs come tourney time.
Yea I agree but I think that is true for most of the teams seeded 1-7 sans Tennessee/Iowa State because they really just don’t have shooters

Advertisement
Told you all that this loss to FSU is horrendous. Honestly, it's likely by far the worst loss of any team in discussion for any of the top 24 seeds. Our ceiling now is a 4 seed. I feel pretty confident that even if we beat Pitt and win the ACC tourney while beating let's say UNC and UVA or UNC and Duke along the way, we still couldn't get to the 3 line.

The committee is well known for weighing your best WINS ahead of your losses. It’s all about who you have beaten.

I do not believe the FSU loss wrecks our season or seeding in any meaningful way. If we were to win out and win the acct, we can still end up a 3 seed IMO.

Told you all that this loss to FSU is horrendous. Honestly, it's likely by far the worst loss of any team in discussion for any of the top 24 seeds. Our ceiling now is a 4 seed. I feel pretty confident that even if we beat Pitt and win the ACC tourney while beating let's say UNC and UVA or UNC and Duke along the way, we still couldn't get to the 3 line.
IMO, not really that important.

Advertisement
We played our worst half of basketball in 2 months, and the bracketologists just kill us. The thing is even though the ACC is considered down, Miami beat tourney teams from other conferences like Providence and Rutgers.

Their is no reason teams like Iowa State and Creighton should be seeded higher than Miami IMO.

Miami 23-6 (7-4 Quad 1)
Creighton 18-11 (3-7 in Quad 1)
Iowa State 17-12 (8-10 Quad 1)

Like I get all these geeky metrics, but at some point wins and losses need to hold the most weight. The NET and whatever should be way down the list.

The BIG 12 is getting elevated so high, that teams are seemingly gaining spots in the NET for LOSING.

I think many of you forget the ACC has 3 of the worst P5 teams in GT , UL and FSUck , and we lost to two of those teams .

Stopped reading there. Win on Saturday and get a game in the ACC tourney and we will be a 4 seed.

Advertisement
Back