Bracketology

Advertisement
There’s ONE thing we must do above anything period we must rain THREES .
This what the NCAA are about if you don’t the GIANT KILLER teams just sit on the perimeter and three not caring at all.
They will not go into the paint they can’t win there.
I can’t remember who we lost to last year but we but what I do remember in the second half with a lead we kept doing inside the key jumpers and layups and they went straight to the THREES and we slowly faded away with 2 point baskets till we lost.

I tournament play THREE or lose.

GOCANES

Assuming we win our last two, it would be hard to fathom having us on the 3 line. A win in the Quarters in Greensboro cements a 3 seed and then it's house money from there.

Advertisement
But I didn't wave away anything bud. I literally called Bama a top 5 team, right? And I disagree, if UNC was a projected #1 seed, like Bama is right now, the ACC narrative would be Snow White and the seven dwarfs. And maybe let's not use UNC as the example anyway, because they are a blue blood and Bama sure isn't. A better example would be... Miami?

As evidence, UVA was top five for about a month, even spending three weeks in the top three, and even peaking at #2 (ACC had 4 ranked teams then btw, SEC currently has 3 including #25 TAMU, and also falling TENN), right where Bama is right now, and no, they were still killing us. They've been killing us from the jump in November.

I don't understand what UVA being over-ranked 2 months ago has anything to do with the perception of the ACC today lol

The metrics say the ACC is bad, and so does the eye test. How many teams have actually looked impressive in February? Miami, Pitt, maybe NC St. UVA has looked terrible for weeks. Duke has had 1 good game in the month. UNC has been garbage. Clemson has been garbage. Wake isn't very good. VT has totally collapsed.

It's one thing to play well and lose - like, say, our ACCT game vs Duke last year. Or the way Lville played vs us in a loss a couple of weeks ago. If you actually watch these games, you'd know that's not what's happening. UVA didn't lose bc BC played an incredible game. UNC didn't have to fight off a hot ND team the other night. Clemson didn't go punch for punch vs a surging Lville.

The ACC is just not good this year. There's not much of an argument that it is.

We were consensus 4 seed before this awful loss. Will most likely move to 5 seed, with chance for 4 seed. 3 seed unlikely at this point

Advertisement
We were consensus 4 seed before this awful loss. Will most likely move to 5 seed, with chance for 4 seed. 3 seed unlikely at this point
Correct. 3 seed is virtually impossible at this point. Only shot we would have, and it would still be a slim shot, is if we win out and beat both Duke and Virginia in the ACC tourney. Had we won that game, I would have said a 5 seed was our floor, even if we lost to Pitt and were 1 and done in the ACC tourney. Now, I'd say a 6 or 7 seed is our floor. If we lose to Pitt and go 1 and done in the ACC tourney, I think a 7 seed is very much in play here.

Really hard to speak in absolutes IMO when things are dependent on not only just what we do but what other teams do as well. Still quite a bit of basketball left to be played before the NCAA announces it seeding.

Beat Pitt.
That’s fair.

We are also getting favorable results today: Illinois and Northwestern lost. They’re consensus 6/7 seeds, so they wouldn’t jump us.

We are also an impressive 7-1 in February, playing our best ball until that lapse.

I also think Pitt drops the game at ND. ND has played incredibly close games recently and I believe they haven’t won at home this year in conference. Mid-week game on the road in Brey’s last home game and senior day… just have a feeling. Either way, take care of Pitt at home and win the ACC

Advertisement
Exactly. A loss to Pitt and 0-1 in the ACC tourney could land us on the 7 line. That's how much that loss to FSU hurts. That's a Quad 4 home loss. We will get killed for that by the committee.

They will also take into effect that Pack was out. They won't ignore the result or anything, but it will be mentioned and considered. Especially if he comes back for PITT and we win that and look good again with him in the lineup in the ACC Tourney.

Advertisement
Blown leads to **** teams like FSU and Ga Tech and then a 8 point blown lead against Pitt does not bode well for our ranking. Team needs to beat Pitt and make a run to the championship and maybe they'll be considered a 4 seed. Right now I'm going to say 6-7 seed.

Blown leads to **** teams like FSU and Ga Tech and then a 8 point blown lead against Pitt does not bode well for our ranking. Team needs to beat Pitt and make a run to the championship and maybe they'll be considered a 4 seed. Right now I'm going to say 6-7 seed.
The system is flawed if one bad home game (half) causes you to fall from a 3-4 seed potentially to a 6-7. They act like the ACC is the sisters of the poor.

I’m just looking around most updated brackets have us as a 5 seed opening against oral roberts. Might be a tricky opener because of abrahms

I’m just looking around most updated brackets have us as a 5 seed opening against oral roberts. Might be a tricky opener because of abrahms
We "should" win but youre right that isnt an ideal match up. A guard who does what he wants and a 7'5 center that can step out and hit threes and block shots.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back