Bracketology

So the more I think about this, the more I think we might have an actual shot to go to Orlando.

There are only 8 first and second round sites.

We know the committee's first priority is to put the 1 seeds and usually the 2 seeds close to their campus.

Looking at who is projected as the 1-seeds and even the 2-seeds in case they move up, I cannot see a single one they'd put in Orlando.

Alabama would go to Birmingham
Kansas would go to Des Moines
Purdue would go to Columbus
UCLA would go to Sacramento
Arizona would go to Sacramento
Houston would go to Birmingham
Baylor would go to Denver, probably
Texas would also go to Denver, probably

So if none of those 8 teams go to Orlando, that's literally half the mini 4-team brackets eliminated.

We know Miami isn't going to be matched with a 1 seed (we won't be an 8 or a 9), and we won't be matched with a 2 seed (we're not going to be a 7 or a 10). So that really narrows the field on where the committee can stick us. It's not even close to a lock, but I think there's a pretty decent chance that Orlando is the spot. Even the 3 seeds that could possibly move up to 2 seeds, none of them are really close to Orlando.
One big miscalculation here. We are going to win out and get a 2 seed.

Advertisement
anybody think the Vermont cancellation might come back to bite us in the *** seeding wise? They're leading their conference and are a likely tournament team. Would've given us another solid win and if we close the next 2 would've finished the regular season with 26 wins. Only probably 4-5 teams will have that many regular season wins. Might ding us a seed which would suck

anybody think the Vermont cancellation might come back to bite us in the *** seeding wise? They're leading their conference and are a likely tournament team. Would've given us another solid win and if we close the next 2 would've finished the regular season with 26 wins. Only probably 4-5 teams will have that many regular season wins. Might ding us a seed which would suck
I wish they rescheduled this one. We likely would have beat them...they weren't very good in the beginning of the year.

If we lose seeding because of not playing the American East then the deck is stacked against us.

Having said that, they probably will use it against us.

Is the media still gagging on UVA‘s balls ? I mean those 31 points in 31 + minutes was impressive against that powerhouse BC.

Advertisement
It wasn't Quad 1 or 2 so it has very little impact.

Is the media still gagging on UVA‘s balls ? I mean those 31 points in 31 + minutes was impressive against that powerhouse BC.

Dude, at both halftime, and as that game was winding down with about 10 minutes to go, I'm doing the math and thinking "at this rate, UVa is going to finish with 48 points".

UVa finished with 48 points.

I understand the attack on some of the metrics in play, but wondering: do any actually consider when things went down? ex: a 25-3 team with 3 losses in Games 1-2-3, and another with same quality wins but 3 losses in last 2 weeks... do they rank the same metrics-wise? Of course, selectors even Lunardi should give due consideration of "what have you done for me lately?" by common sense, but is there formally any such measure adjustment?

If you could go watch Miami play (and win) the first two rounds (don’t give me play in games as rounds) at any of this year’s sites, which would you pick and why?

Advertisement
Advertisement
1677204109542.png

save on entertainment and food as well... that city is boring as ****. (well, **** would be more interesting, yeah.)
That’s what I’m saying. It would be a day trip with absolutely no temptation to stay for anything else. Would be cool for me to get BHam and Louisville because I’m in the middle of both

save on entertainment and food as well... that city is boring as ****. (well, **** would be more interesting, yeah.)
Actually the Avondale area is pretty great. Good food, good breweries. Highland Bar and Grill is one of the best restaurants in the south.

Advertisement

No, zero chance. Vermont has a NET of almost 130. That would be a Quad 3 game for us. A win wouldnt help and if we would have lost it'd be a very bad loss.

When the **** do we get updated bracketology? Why isn't it updated every day, or in real time? I want answers! I demand satisfaction!

Latest Bracketology.

I'd take this. And then root for the Tuscaloosa cops and prosecutors to actually do their jobs.

I'd still prefer a 2-seed or a 3-seed, even if I have to travel farther.

1677253335482.png

No, zero chance. Vermont has a NET of almost 130. That would be a Quad 3 game for us. A win wouldnt help and if we would have lost it'd be a very bad loss.

Fair warning, I'm going to be sarcastic, then serious.

Yes, but the Vermont game would have given us a chance to improve that OH-SO-IMPORTANT "offensive efficiency" metric.

But seriously, does the "Quad ranking" change if a team ends up winning its conference and getting an automatic bid to the Tournament (which Vermont could do, and Cornell too)? Because that would make sense AND would be a known factor prior to making the final selections and seeding.

Advertisement
Back