Bracketology

Wow! Miami makes a big move in NET up to 27th…

Meanwhile Tennessee loses again (what’s that.. 4 out of last 6 or 5 out of last 7 losses) and yet, they remain at #3 sitting at 20-8. Lol. But…but… metrics!!

Miami has more Quad 1 wins, a much better and undefeated quad 2 record (tenn is 3-4) AND a better, winning true road games record (unlike the Vols losing record in away games)….

Yet we’re not even close. Bueller?! Bueller?!

Living here, I'm so sick of hearing about Tennessee.

Advertisement
I may have jumped the gun saying we clinched a double bye. As long as we win one of the next two games or Nc State and Duke drop one more game then we will get the double bye.

Advertisement
I may have jumped the gun saying we clinched a double bye. As long as we win one of the next two games or Nc State and Duke drop one more game then we will get the double bye.
Technically this is probably right but it’s all but assured we are Top 4.

Teams that can pass/tie us if we lose out (not considering tiebreakers, just the basics):

- Duke: VT, NCSU, UNC
- Clemson: Cuse, NCSU, UVA, ND
- NCSU: Wake, Clemson, Duke

Essentially some guaranteed losses for the top teams so pretty much locked in Top 4 🤷🏽‍♂️

The Joe Lunardi / ESPN bracketology is so f'd. Iowa state has lost like 6 of their last 9 but is trending up and listed as a 3 seed because big 12. Meanwhile Miami has longest power 5 win steak and looks like 5 seed.

These analysts get caught up in some of the conference hype...imagine that...

The Joe Lunardi / ESPN bracketology is so f'd. Iowa state has lost like 6 of their last 9 but is trending up and listed as a 3 seed because big 12. Meanwhile Miami has longest power 5 win steak and looks like 5 seed.

But but but...metrics...margin of victory...offensive efficiency...good losses...quad bull****...

Thinking (hoping) that winning @ VT and federally pounding FSU's *** as an exclamation point + taking the lead in the ACC + best P5 win streak might finally get us a little bit more than the usual incremental move in the polls due to all the positive press coming (again, IMO).

Advertisement
It is exciting to see BC beat UVA, setting us up to control our own destiny to win the regular season ACC Championship!!!!

Advertisement
"ThE AcC iS DoWn ThIs YeAr."

Let's take a look at the SEC, shall we?

Bama has a great resume. They are a top 5 team, and deservedly so. But they've beaten up on a crap-*** conference too.

For example, the team with the 2nd best record in the SEC, #25 TAMU, who has an astounding 13-2 conference record, lost OOC games this year to:

Murray State (15-14, 7th in MVC)
Colorado (15-13, 8th in Pac-12)
Boise State (22-6, 2nd in Mountain West)
Memphis (20-7, 2nd in American)
Wofford (15-15, 5th in Southern)!

The 3rd best record in the SEC is held by UK, who is unranked and #35 RPI

#11 TENN (LOL), who is 9-6 in their weak-*** conference also has lost 5 of their last 7 games AND has losses to:

Florida (14-14, 9th in SEC)

ACC >> SEC.

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 9.01.04 AM.png

So the more I think about this, the more I think we might have an actual shot to go to Orlando.

There are only 8 first and second round sites.

We know the committee's first priority is to put the 1 seeds and usually the 2 seeds close to their campus.

Looking at who is projected as the 1-seeds and even the 2-seeds in case they move up, I cannot see a single one they'd put in Orlando.

Alabama would go to Birmingham
Kansas would go to Des Moines
Purdue would go to Columbus
UCLA would go to Sacramento
Arizona would go to Sacramento
Houston would go to Birmingham
Baylor would go to Denver, probably
Texas would also go to Denver, probably

So if none of those 8 teams go to Orlando, that's literally half the mini 4-team brackets eliminated.

We know Miami isn't going to be matched with a 1 seed (we won't be an 8 or a 9), and we won't be matched with a 2 seed (we're not going to be a 7 or a 10). So that really narrows the field on where the committee can stick us. It's not even close to a lock, but I think there's a pretty decent chance that Orlando is the spot. Even the 3 seeds that could possibly move up to 2 seeds, none of them are really close to Orlando.

Advertisement
"ThE AcC iS DoWn ThIs YeAr."

Let's take a look at the SEC, shall we?

Bama has a great resume. They are a top 5 team, and deservedly so. But they've beaten up on a crap-*** conference too.

For example, the team with the 2nd best record in the SEC, #25 TAMU, who has an astounding 13-2 conference record, lost OOC games this year to:

Murray State (15-14, 7th in MVC)
Boise State (22-6, 2nd in Mountain West)
Memphis (20-7, 2nd in American)
Wofford (15-15, 5th in Southern)!

The 3rd best record in the SEC is held by UK, who is unranked and #35 RPI

#11 TENN (LOL), who is 9-6 in their weak-*** conference also has lost 5 of their last 7 games AND has losses to:

Florida (14-14, 9th in SEC)

ACC >> SEC.

View attachment 231093

If the SEC is basically the ACC plus Bama, then the SEC is much better than the ACC.

You can't just hand-waive away a #1 seed (potentially the overall #1 seed). If UNC were a #1 seed right now, you wouldn't hear anything about the ACC being down.

If the SEC is basically the ACC plus Bama, then the SEC is much better than the ACC.

You can't just hand-waive away a #1 seed (potentially the overall #1 seed). If UNC were a #1 seed right now, you wouldn't hear anything about the ACC being down.

But I didn't wave away anything bud. I literally called Bama a top 5 team, right? And I disagree, if UNC was a projected #1 seed, like Bama is right now, the ACC narrative would be Snow White and the seven dwarfs. And maybe let's not use UNC as the example anyway, because they are a blue blood and Bama sure isn't. A better example would be... Miami?

As evidence, UVA was top five for about a month, even spending three weeks in the top three, and even peaking at #2 (ACC had 4 ranked teams then btw, SEC currently has 3 including #25 TAMU, and also falling TENN), right where Bama is right now, and no, they were still killing us. They've been killing us from the jump in November.

Last edited:
If they run up against a hot shooting mid major who can rain 3s... they are out... so are most of these SEC giants
That's what makes the NCAAT what it is. Pretty much any team could find themselves eliminated at any point. Especially after the first round. Need to be both lucky (in your draws) and good.

Advertisement
Back