Bracketology

If the committee is truly doing their job and picked the bracket today we are a 3 seed. If we go 2-1 and 2-1 in the Acc tourney we are a 3/4. If we limp down the stretch we should fall no farther than 5. If we really turn it on we are a 2.

But from a fan standpoint let’s just take care of Ba tech tonight
Agree. Also, no way of telling whether a 3 seed turns out better for a team than a 5 seed. All about matchups/who you draw.

Advertisement
Agree. Also, no way of telling whether a 3 seed turns out better for a team than a 5 seed. All about matchups/who you draw.
Yeah and that really seems like this year in particular 1-5 seeds (or the so called Favorites) could draw a team thats a horrible match up as soon as round 2...or if you are that 3/4/5 even round 1 like most years.

Obviously already mentioned today, but Lunardi moved us down to a 5. Makes sense given the mock Top 16 release but doesn’t make sense given 6 wins in a row lol

Here’s the projected bracket.

The #4 seeds ahead of us? Indiana (@ Mich St), Xavier (L against Nova), Gonzaga, Marquette (@ Creighton).

The #3 seeds? UVA (@ BC 👀), UTenn (L @ A&M), Iowa State (down huge against UT), Kansas State (W against #9 Baylor)

Clear that Big12 is seen as God’s gift to earth. Both ISU and KSU been struggling the past month yet they’ve barely budged due to competition.

UTenn 2-5 in February. They do own some big wins though. Idk…

Attachments

• A443FB62-D2F9-44A3-9985-16DEBEC1A43A.jpeg
    A443FB62-D2F9-44A3-9985-16DEBEC1A43A.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 23
4/5 seed locations: Orlando and Albany
3 seed locations: Greensboro, Des Moines, and Columbus
2 seed locations: Sacramento and Denver

Should we just stay on the 4/5 seed line to play close to home until the Sweet 16? Greensboro is the only other good alternative here

Advertisement

Should we just stay on the 4/5 seed line to play close to home until the Sweet 16? Greensboro is the only other good alternative here
Twenty-nine of the past 33 champions have been a 1, 2, or 3 seed. Since 1998, only one champ wasn't a 1, 2, or 3 seed. In 2014, 7 seeded Connecticut made history. I'd prefer we be a three-seed, even if the metrics say we don't have a chance to win it all.

Orlando isn't locked in to the 4/5 seed, they could get a 3/6 regional, a 2/7 regional, etc. The way the committee brackets the field is they start with the 1 seeds and put them as close to their campus as possible, then the 2 seeds, 3 seeds, and the 4 seeds get protected last. The better the seed we get, the more likely we will be drawn into having Orlando as our location.

That said, there aren't a ton of Southeast teams in contention for a top 4 seed that would have Orlando as their closest spot. Assuming we get a top 4 seed, the chances that we get drawn into Orlando are relatively high, regardless if we are a 3 or a 4.

The 1,2,3 seeds are traditionally the lowest % chance of upsets. I want one of those.

Orlando isn't locked in to the 4/5 seed, they could get a 3/6 regional, a 2/7 regional, etc. The way the committee brackets the field is they start with the 1 seeds and put them as close to their campus as possible, then the 2 seeds, 3 seeds, and the 4 seeds get protected last. The better the seed we get, the more likely we will be drawn into having Orlando as our location.

That said, there aren't a ton of Southeast teams in contention for a top 4 seed that would have Orlando as their closest spot. Assuming we get a top 4 seed, the chances that we get drawn into Orlando are relatively high, regardless if we are a 3 or a 4.
I had no idea on this, thanks for the explainer!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow! Miami makes a big move in NET up to 27th…

Meanwhile Tennessee loses again (what’s that.. 4 out of last 6 or 5 out of last 7 losses) and yet, they remain at #3 sitting at 20-8. Lol. But…but… metrics!!

Miami has more Quad 1 wins, a much better and undefeated quad 2 record (tenn is 3-4) AND a better, winning true road games record (unlike the Vols losing record in away games)….

Yet we’re not even close. Bueller?! Bueller?!

Some decent damage last night with Baylor, Tennessee, Xavier, Indiana, Creighton, and Iowa State all losing. And Miami winning : )
Seeing these top teams going down all year just shows that there is no dominant team and that our quality of any number of metrics go up. And in the end it shows me that the seeding is not going to matter much as top teams are changing by the minute and you just can’t be clear what you’re going to get. Safe to say we will be a high seed and take it game to game.

Advertisement
Also, and I've said this a billion times and will never, ever stop, the biggest crock of **** in the history of basketball (I was going to say rankings in general but I remembered the 2000 BCS) was the 2013 team getting a 2 seed.

What a colossal load of absolute ****.

If Duke or UNC won the ACC regular season outright with a 15-3 record, and won the ACC Tournament, going 3-0 with all 3 wins by double-digits, there is a 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% chance they get a 1 seed. Literally no question. The only question would be who got the other 1 seeds. I have never seen a pile of **** that big in my life and probably never will.

Moral of the story? Take what we genuinely deserve, and knock us down a line, possibly 2.

Advertisement
Back