Bracketology

Advertisement
Morning Lunardi

5 seed in Orlando. I have to be honest - this isn’t a bad draw at all. Texas is probably the most dangerous team. I’m unsure of Purdue, I think they’re really good but really not sure if they’re great. Xavier would be a tough R2 matchup, but admittedly haven’t watched much of their games

Attachments

• 70689E29-7783-4016-B967-B3D251EFE464.jpeg
    70689E29-7783-4016-B967-B3D251EFE464.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 27
Should be on the 3 line. I could’ve sworn I read that we had a top 15 schedule. Pair that with a ton of Q1 wins, and I don’t see how a 4 seed isn’t already locked up (barring essentially a winless end to the year).

Morning Lunardi

5 seed in Orlando. I have to be honest - this isn’t a bad draw at all. Texas is probably the most dangerous team. I’m unsure of Purdue, I think they’re really good but really not sure if they’re great. Xavier would be a tough R2 matchup, but admittedly haven’t watched much of their games
Xavier is tough. If Miami could close out the year 4-0 and win a couple games in the ACC tournament then they should be a 3 seed.

ESPN commentator Jay Bilas heaped praise on the Hurricanes during “College Game Day” during the weekend: “I think Miami is developing into another Elite Eight team under Jim Larranaga. They’ve got guys that can score all over the floor. They play with freedom, and they’re shot-makers. They can go into isolation, they run good stuff, but they can also go on their own and get a bucket. I’d say they’re looking like the best team in the ACC right now.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-of-miami/article272482017.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Xavier is tough. If Miami could close out the year 4-0 and win a couple games in the ACC tournament then they should be a 3 seed.

if Miami closes the year out 4-0 (would be 10 game win streak) and wins a couple of games in the ACC tournament (that would put us in the finals) I believe a 3 seed would be a lock with a possible 2.

if Miami closes the year out 4-0 (would be 10 game win streak) and wins a couple of games in the ACC tournament (that would put us in the finals) I believe a 3 seed would be a lock with a possible 2.
3 seems doable. We would need help to get a 2 seed and beat Virginia again the ACC tourny.

If we win the regular season, then ***** the ACC tourney.. win one , maybe two .. get out and get rested

Advertisement
all we need to do is win 2 more and 1 in the acc tourney and we are a lock 5 seed. if you want to move up to the 3 line you are going to need to only 1 loss and to make the final of the acc tourney. i dont think a 2 seed is possible unless we win out. to me the difference between a 2 and 3 is irrelevant. 3 and 4/5 much more relevant. you have to beat good teams in the NCAA - not a single team sucks.

Advertisement
Morning Lunardi

Of the three teams you mention. I'd fear Xavier the most. They have a combo of skilled big men and very nice guards, much like the Kansas team that eliminated us in the Elite Eight.

I think Purdue is the least of those teams. Other than Edey, I'm not that impressed (also think the B1G as a conference always seems to fare more poorly than it seems they should). OTOH, the Big East and Big 12 teams are tournament-tough.

Advertisement
If we make it to the ACC title game, we’re definitely getting a 3 seed IMO.

Random crow eating; I was ready to run wooga off to the portal after the Kansas game last year. His improvement has been remarkable
Jeez that early huh? I started once conference play started but there's no sense repeating myself going forward. He's made strides but there's still more work that needs to be done.

Saturday is a huge game for Wake. They’re a solid team that imo should be in NCAAT, but most projections have them in the First or Next Four Out. A win over us on Saturday could propel them to Last Four In territory, so they’ll be motivated. Have to be ready to play from the jump.

Advertisement
Back