Bracketology (updated on the reg)

Advertisement
Texas is 9 seed at 17-10 and in 8th place out of 10 at 6-8 in conference. Lost last 2. and 6 of 9. Not even close to the bubble? But were not even 1st 4 out.

Texas lost again yesterday but to a good team.

Still thats 3 losses in a row and there 17-11/6-9 overall. Gotta give NCSt credit. that win got them in imo. They deserve it but cant give 4 bids to A-10 /AAC each. Criminal. Blowing that Virginia and ND games are really hurting right now. Coulda been Top5/10 wins.

Texas is 9 seed at 17-10 and in 8th place out of 10 at 6-8 in conference. Lost last 2. and 6 of 9. Not even close to the bubble? But were not even 1st 4 out.

Texas lost again yesterday but to a good team.

Still thats 3 losses in a row and there 17-11/6-9 overall. Gotta give NCSt credit. that win got them in imo. They deserve it but cant give 4 bids to A-10 /AAC each. Criminal. Blowing that Virginia and ND games are really hurting right now. Coulda been Top5/10 wins.

Would not shock me to see NCST drop a game.

Advertisement
Lunardi woke up and posted an update (2/26) http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/238

Miami is Next Four Out as of 2/26.
18-10 (8-7)
RPI: 65
BPI: 51
SOS: 79

Since the 2/23 Update

Last Four Byes

Dayton [21-6 (11-4)] Beat last place GMU since 2/23 *Tremendous Game against VCU, if they win they will likely be guaranteed a spot*
Temple [19-9 (10-5)] Nothing since 2/23.
Cinn [19-9 (10-5)] Beat UCF since 2/23
Oregon [21-8 (11-5)] Beat Cal since 2/23. *Big game against Stanford, if Oregon wins they will likely get a bid*

Last Four In

Purdue [18-9 (10-4)]Nothing since 2/23.
Texas [17-11 (6-9)] Lost to WVU since 2/23. *They've lost 3 straight and have 2 tough games left (Kansas and Baylor)
Davidson [20-6 (11-4)] Beat Rhode Island since 2/23. *Big game against VCU on 3/5*
UCLA [17-12 (9-7)] Beat 2nd to last Washington since 2/23. *Two games left, both opponents suck*

Other Teams of Note (Bubble Watch)

NCST beat UNC (on 2/24) for some reason they're in according to Lunardi. *We beat NCST this season*
Illinois lost again and their 3rd straight. My guess is they're done. *We beat Illinois this season*
Tulsa has 3 big games left, they need to win 2/3. Hopefully Haith does his normal thing and tanks.
Boise State has a big game against SDSU, if they lose they're done IMO.
Pittsburgh (see below): very hot team after a slow start. Great wins over UNC, ND and 2x CUse
Stanford has 4 games left and two are against good opponents (@ #7 Arizona and Oregon), I think they need to win one of those two.

3/4 The Super Bowl [Pitt]: Assuming we lose to UNC, the next game @ Pitt may be the superbowl. Just to note, Pitt has only lost twice at home this season (Louisville and Clemson). Pitt plays at WF on March 1st. We play at home against UNC on February 28th.

Last edited:
Lunardi's A10 lovve is puzzeling. Not to mention B12 and Pac12. We belong right where CBS Jerry palms has us. 2nd team out as of now. Win vs NC and were on the right side of bubble.

Lunardi's A10 lovve is puzzeling. Not to mention B12 and Pac12. We belong right where CBS Jerry palms has us. 2nd team out as of now. Win vs NC and were on the right side of bubble.

A10 teams with similar record except they dont have to face a Louisville, Virginia, NC, Duke caliber. Sometimes twice too. Then again in ACC Tourney.

Advertisement
Another Texas loss. Still in! OMFG! 17-12 and in 8th place out of 10 at 6-10 in conference. Lost last 4. and 8 of 11.

We are done!!!!!! Limping to finish. Today was the dagger unless we win 4 games between now and selection time!!

We are done!!!!!! Limping to finish. Today was the dagger unless we win 4 games between now and selection time!!

Yea seems like a longshot but we will likely be favored in every game except @Pitt where we'll be real small dog. NC game showed up how much we missed Angel even though his scoring has been terrible.

Advertisement
Bottom line is we need to win out. I truly believe the ACC is sending 6 teams and that 6th team is going to be NCST, Pitt or Miami.

Since both NCST and Pitt recently lost, our game with Pitt is even more important. If we beat Pitt and VT, I would think with a decent ACCT performance we're dancing. We will see. Playing at Pitt is tough, we need to win out.

Bottom line is we need to win out. I truly believe the ACC is sending 6 teams and that 6th team is going to be NCST, Pitt or Miami.

Since both NCST and Pitt recently lost, our game with Pitt is even more important. If we beat Pitt and VT, I would think with a decent ACCT performance we're dancing. We will see. Playing at Pitt is tough, we need to win out.

Completely agree with this post. Although its a very fluid situation. Bids could be stolen from other conference tournaments or if other bubble teams continue to lose added.

Can't help but think we got another knock with BYU beating Gonzaga. Gotta win at least the next 4.

Advertisement
Can't help but think we got another knock with BYU beating Gonzaga. Gotta win at least the next 4.

IMO BYU is really peaking and a dangerous team but there resume simply isnt good enough to Dance on the Zags win alone, regardless how impressive. They would need to atleast make the WCC Final.

We need to either win the ACC tournament or barely lose it.

Lets be honest with ourselves, most bracketology websites don't even have us on the bubble anymore.

We need to either win the ACC tournament or barely lose it.

I disagree. Here me out...(my whole premise is based off the ACC sending 6 teams to the tourney)

I think the ACC will likelysend 6 teams to the tourney. 5 of the 6 (UVA, Duke, UNC, ND and UL) have been in the top 15 for most of the year and are currently all in the top 20. Those are legit teams in the field and extremely difficult to compete against.

I think that 6th team will be either NCST, Pitt or Miami.

Currently, the following:

- All teams (3 above) are 8-8 in the ACC
- NCST beat Pitt
- Miami beat NCST
- Cuse is disqualified from any post-season
- And although it is an opinion, some "experts" have NCST in the tourney and Pitt and Miami looking out.

What is left?

NCST plays tonight at Clemson and Cuse
Pitt plays us on Wednesday and at FSU
Miami plays at Pitt on Wednesday and at VT

My opinions as of 3/3:

1. Only one team will finish 10-8 of the 3 mentioned above,

2. If only one of the 3 teams above finish 10-8, they would have the best argument over the other two regardless of other factors:

If it was Miami, we beat Pitt and NCST and finished 10-8 (finished 6th in the conference, trumps a 9 win Pitt or NCST)
If it was NCST, they beat Pitt and lost to us but finished 10-8 (finished 6th in the conference)
If it was Pitt, they beat Miami and lost to NCST but finished 10-8 (finished 6th in the conference)

3. Clemson will finish 9-9, beating NCST and losing to Notre Dame

4. If NCST and Miami finish at 10-8, who ever advanced further in the tourney would get the 6th bid unless they both win their second game. At that point, I think both would be dancing.

5. Winning one game in the ACCT will not add much to the resume but losing that game would be a disaster.

Advertisement
Back