Boy's, we playing on sacred ground Sat.!

So lame and dramatic. Our team didn’t even give a fck about the actual OB at the end. You really think playing at Marlins baseball stadium matters to them?
You probably right, but I think playing there means something to many of the guys, maybe not all, but some.

Advertisement
I’ll be honest with you. I really like that JW said this.

Not because he actually believes it, but because he’s smart enough to realize that we have a small portion of our fanbase that’s wackadoodle about this stupid “hallowed ground” bullshlt. So he finesses a boilerplate phrase to mollify the nutbags. Laid it in there like he laid in that sideline dime to Harley a couple of weeks ago. Smart kid.

And before you call me blasphemous, I went to a bunch of orange bowl games and have some fantastic memories. But it’s now been 12 years or more, and I’m over it. I’m ready to see something new happening in another stadium....hopefully. Because we’re never going back, and the OB is dead and buried.
Buried, maybe, but NEVER dead!

I guess I’m just not that sentimental.

I get someone like 423, he has every right, or players like Blades, his dad played there, so sure it means a lot to people like that, with that type of personal connection. JW probably didn’t know that much about the OB until a couple of days ago.

Shlt I probably went to most games since my youth, and I’m still hoarse fron the UFaaåg comeback, but I moved on a long time ago.

Trust me, for everyone that’s there on Saturday, including myself, you’re not going to feel so nostalgic with that fūcked up angled field configuration and the roof closed.

You're going to be mainly saying to yourself - no more “home” games for FIU.
You will feel it driving through Little Havana.

58 is the only acceptable # for us to score. Pays homage to our highest and lowest point.

58-7 is my guess. 7 is for the # of title games Butch Davis walked away from.

Advertisement
Manny's old man helped destroy the Orange Bowl so if there are any ghosts around there odds are they'll be giving him a wedgie and tying Jarren's laces together before plays.

Finally, a possible explanation of why the son of a rich Miami alum went to fsu -- daddy was a traitor.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Careful Legend, before too long you will be able to see his LED light flashing on his night goggles outside your living room window. Then you will know your begonias were killed by the jerking **** bug. You got an old fashioned stalker on your hands.

Advertisement
Careful Legend, before too long you will be able to see his LED light flashing on his night goggles outside your living room window. Then you will know your begonias were killed by the jerking **** bug. You got an old fashioned stalker on your hands.
With a post and intellect like this, I don't blame your "dad" for leaving when you were born. You're an embarrassment to homo sapiens everywhere.

First ever football game ever played in Burdine stadiem( renamed the Orange Bowl mid fifties) was a high school game.

First ever football game ever played in Burdine stadiem( renamed the Orange Bowl mid fifties) was a high school game.
There were some mighty HS games in the OB back in the day. My old brain is full of memories from the OB at all levels. Cane games before I can even remember dates, the first Fin's game, Super Bowl ll(not called that yet, I think), Super Bowl lll (later made Joe WIllie sitting on our bench in first NC game so special to me), some of the great Orange Bowl New Year's Games that decided NCs over the years, then The Perfect Season and finally the piece de resistance The Glory Days of the Canes with the Crown Jewel RIP 58.

The home win record is especially special to me because I have large number of cousins in Bama and taking down their record remains a wound I can pour salt on every time they puff out their chest over another NC. I never miss a chance to remind them that their was bogus anyway because they loss game in Birmingham during it(they used two stadiums) I had tons of fun when LSU beat them at home this year with a note "Sorry you blew it so early. I was looking forward to the tears if you got to 57 again and then loss.".

It pains me to even drive pass the old girl these day bu I will raise a glass of my best Scotch to the OB this weekend and toast my old seat from the West which hangs on our living-room wall..

Hey after we crush his little head, lets hope Manny hires Butch as recruiting Czar for about 5 mill a year. I don't like Manny but with a couple seasons of Butch's Miami recruits, the little gut will end up with NFL HC gig.

Advertisement
Getting to someone's front lawn and buying out all the spots so we can do a 7AM - 7PM party will be a great stroll down memory lane.

Advertisement
Why is it a bad thing to refer to the site of the OB as "hallowed grounds"? That's exactly what it is to me, and to many others. Don't get where the vitriol on this is coming from. I'm not someone who gets all carried away with that sh-t, but that square of earth will always be hallowed grounds to me personally as long as I live.

.it was completed late season 1937 and Canes played their first game their late that season. High school game played early 1937 season before it was completed
Then the site had been used for motorcycle racing previously. I clearly remember hearing about it when the Fins moved to Joe Robbie Stadium.

Advertisement
Back