Bowl Season is a Joke

Sad Mask GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Clearly Clemson and Kentucky didn’t get the memo.

Nor did Arizona/OU, or NC state/Kansas St, or Boston College, or Georgia Tech, or USC, or UCLA, or Texas Tech, or Northwestern, or Duke…

Miami is too good for bowl games I guess. Maybe that’s why we never win them.

Clemson & UK is playing hard af. Now, I will say Shipley did get injured, but it was a freak accident that it looked like he caused trying to get up to celebrate a big return. I recall a former Chicago Bear did something similar after a sack, & tore his ACL trying to celebrate.

Regardless, both UK & Clemson r doing their damnest to win this game.

Edit: Helluva game & these fans & players seem like this game means something to them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sad Mask GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Clearly Clemson and Kentucky didn’t get the memo.

Nor did Arizona/OU, or NC state/Kansas St, or Boston College, or Georgia Tech, or USC, or UCLA, or Texas Tech, or Northwestern, or Duke…

Miami is too good for bowl games I guess. Maybe that’s why we never win them.
As someone who watches 10ish games a weekend in the regular season, I rarely watch bowl games.
I am not making a Miami specific statement, I am talking about the product that teams put on t field. Our product sucked yesterday, but if you think OU is happy with their product (Tr fr QB and 6 turnovers) or that product is the same as a Dillon gabriel led offence, I don’t know what to tell you.

The postseason product is worse than the regular season. It has been that way for a few years.

Clemson & UK is playing hard af. Now, I will say Shipley did get injured, but it was a freak accident that it looked like he caused trying to get up to celebrate a big return. I recall a former Chicago Bear did something similar after a sack, & tore his ACL trying to celebrate.

Regardless, both UK & Clemson r doing their damnest to win this game.

Edit: Helluva game & these fans & players seem like this game means something to them.
Yes, Clemson did not fold. Dabo had them in the game and they scored 28 points in the 4th quarter to come from behind and beat Kentucky.

Advertisement
That win looked like it meant something to Rutgers. They called it a championship type game. Obviously they were more hungry to win

Knock it off. Rutgers had NEVER beaten Miami before. Sure, it meant a LITTLE something. I'm sure that Schiano (rhymes with piano) let them know the history.

Advertisement
Never is a strong word, ain't it. :cool:

No. His team made mistakes. Which was an exception, Not the rule. They werent ill prepared. They werent making stupid penalties to extend drives.

Bama coaching staff didnt mismanage timeouts. Their staff didnt put the team in a position to lose or play conservative. The players made crucial mistakes that cost them the game against Trevor Knight and a **** good OU team.

That game was in no way treated like just another game against a meh opponent. They had the lead in the 3rd and wanted to win. Oklahoma was just the better team. Youre acting like they slept walk on a G5 or bottom feeder P5. Come on mane.

Take off the sunglasses in that emoji because aint **** cool about the narrative your pushing. All games matter, period.

Portal & transfers ruined bowl season except for the playoffs. All time great games/moments like Oklahoma Boise State never happen to in todays college game

In case you missed it, we beat them. Not to mention they had all hands on deck. We played a TF against them and a 3rd stringer in the bowl. Not really a good comparison
Oh it's a Great comparison. I follow Clemson, and one of the things I envy is they play hard, and when they can roll over they don't.

This is a program used to playing in the playoffs, and they were down 11 in the 2nd half, and they played as hard in the 2nd half as they have all year.

They were 4-4 at one point this year, and won 5 straight games. Dabo isn't some genius, but his players play physical and hard, and one day I hope Miami can bring that same energy week in and week out. When things don't go your way, find a way to win. If you lose a few games season isn't over.

Meanwhile we got players clowning on IG during a game where their team is actually playing. That is culture.

It's my belief Miami had one of the worst cultures in all of college football when Mario got the job.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If our head coach let the team believe that game meant nothing, then get him the **** out of here right now. Of course the game meant something, EVERY game does, otherwise we shouldn't be playing them. It's a ******* joke to suggest otherwise.

Game plan sucked on D, the O goes from hot, to ice cold in the blink of an eye, and we are undisciplined. The coaching has not been good the entire year, and I don’t see how that's controversial in any way.

Oh and reminder, it's ******* Rutgers. I don't care if we were missing 22 starters, they bullied us most of the game. Also, it's not like we were playing a ton of freshmen, these are guys who have been here a year or two, who should be more developed and able to beat a 6-6 big ten team. I remember a lot of people on here talking trash about how bad the big 10 was this year, well, that was a bad big 10 team that beat the core of next year's team.

You cant convince me that Saban and Kirby would have their teams ill prepared and careless for ANY bowl game.
I don't necessarily disagree with your overall point, but I recall the 2009 sugar bowl where Utah beat the daylights out of Saban's Alabama team.

Advertisement
I don't necessarily disagree with your overall point, but I recall the 2009 sugar bowl where Utah beat the daylights out of Saban's Alabama team.

They lost to a bettet team man. A 13-0, Utah team. They didnt lose because Saban left timeouts in both halves and had his team ill prepared. Its no comparison. You think Jacolby George would have finished the game for Saban? That man would start a walk on before he let one player **** up that much

They lost to a bettet team man. A 13-0, Utah team. They didnt lose because Saban left timeouts in both halves and had his team ill prepared. Its no comparison. You think Jacolby George would have finished the game for Saban? That man would start a walk on before he let one player **** up that much
They lost to a significantly lower ranked Utah team who at the time was a non-P5 school. Ill prepared (and not caring because they were left out of the NC) is exactly why that Alabama team lost.

Advertisement
Back