Bowl Projection - How does the Music City in Nashville sound?!?

Advertisement
To be honest, I just want to get a bowl bid. Like others on here have said before, the extra practices are extremely important for us in the long run. Plus, I would rather have something to look forward(Even if it is a crappy bowl or whatever.) instead of Miami being done. The team is improving each week, and extending the season a few weeks will only help everyone get better. The more time Golden can get with these guys in real practices fixing everything he thinks needs to be fixed, the better off we will be in the long run.

How does self imposing a bowl ban this year and skipping out on a bowl sound? Seems to be the buzz coming from some of my cane friends. Seriously though, how would you guys feel about the canes doing that? I think it's the right move. If you prevent a trip to a better bowl down the line being cancelled it's worth not going to music city or independence bowl or w/e.

Advertisement
How does self imposing a bowl ban this year and skipping out on a bowl sound? Seems to be the buzz coming from some of my cane friends. Seriously though, how would you guys feel about the canes doing that? I think it's the right move. If you prevent a trip to a better bowl down the line being cancelled it's worth not going to music city or independence bowl or w/e.

See I'm conflicted, I don't want to see a bowl ban cuz I'd like to see the seniors end their career on a positive note. Then I look at it from the other side with most the seniors are who got us in this mess so why should they get rewarded? I don't know I want the bowl game for the reason RagingWolf explained.

Getting to a bowl game is a must. 15 extra practices, over half of which are O vs D just like the spring. Will be nice to get Ryan Williams and other freshmen some work outside of scout team.

Advertisement

I'm sorry but self imposing a bowl ban is just ridiculous. I get the reasoning behind it, regarding the better bowl down the road idea, but you just don't self impose a bowl ban. You just don't.

I'm sorry but self imposing a bowl ban is just ridiculous. I get the reasoning behind it, regarding the better bowl down the road idea, but you just don't self impose a bowl ban. You just don't.

It's not like I thought it up on my own. Keep in mind that if you're banned from bowl play you also can't play for your conference title.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...undai-sun-bowl-football-insider-matt-murschel

http://canespundit.com/2011/11/17/university-of-miami-needs-to-self-impose-a-bowl-ban/

Last edited:
Years ago we self-imposed and skipped an Orange Bowl vs. Notre Dame (FSU went instead), thinking we can get it over and compete for the national title the following year (we ended up in whatever the Your Name Here Bowl was called instead). That's Exhibit A for why you don't assume next year is going to be better. The other reason is assume for a second that the article about Randy Shannon accurately states that the worst of the Shapiro allegations occurred before any of the kids became UM students. Is that enough for a bowl ban? Keep in mind the NCAA doesn't dole out bans like they used to.

It's not like I thought it up on my own. Keep in mind that if you're banned from bowl play you also can't play for your conference title.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...undai-sun-bowl-football-insider-matt-murschel

http://canespundit.com/2011/11/17/university-of-miami-needs-to-self-impose-a-bowl-ban/

I didn't say you came up with it on your own did I?

What I am saying is that I completely disagree with you and everyone else suggesting it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I didn't say you came up with it on your own did I?

What I am saying is that I completely disagree with you and everyone else suggesting it.

For the record, I don't have a dog in the fight and I don't really suggest you guys do it or not, just wondering the opinion. I'm not sure what I would want to do if in your situation. Depends on the bowl I'm turning down and how reasonable it is to believe that the NCAA will ban you the following year. I know you didn't say I came up with it, I'm just being defensive since I had a mod warn me yesterday claiming I was "trolling," so I'm being careful not to present any original ideas that could be construed as "trolling."

I am 100% in favor of that, and have been campaigning for it. Being able to tell the recruits that the bowl ban is behind them is EVERYTHING.

Advertisement
Back