MEGA Bowl Games Mega Thread: Baga vs. Byzantine Baga

You know they’re checked out and missing like 10 starters right?

Not apologizing for this but c’mon now you’re hating just to hate
So I'm not gonna act like I'm not taking the **** out of things. I am. I can admit that and am fine being called out on it. 🤣

(And why are they checked out, but Oklahoma -- also missing starters -- isn't?)

BUT, seriously, how is this any different than the Utah games? It's the same issues.

Mediocre tackling. Lots of penalties. No established dominance in the trenches.

You can't ignore these things.

I just find it crazy that some of us think we can't do better than some of these coaches Marios bringing. Thats not a controversial or hating *** statement.

Just want us to be elite everywhere.

Advertisement
They did say the two starting corners are gone. Portal and opt out. Down to two scholarship ILB. They further said the best RB in the country is out and starting WRs. Oregon can only take so much talent drain. They have plenty of 3 stars.

"About 30 players that began the season in unform will be missing from the action when the Ducks take the field for the Alamo Bowl Dec. 29 against Oklahoma.

Most of those players, such as tailback CJ Verdell, are nursing ailments that will keep them out. But some are those who have elected to transfer or opted out of the bowl game so their professional futures are not fouled up.

The most prominent of those opting out is defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux, who is expected to be one of the first players taken in the 2022 NFL draft. While it’s a big blow to Oregon’s defensive scheme, it wasn’t a shock to see Thibodeaux focusing on his future rather than a non-New Year’s Six bowl game."

So I'm not gonna act like I'm not taking the **** out of things. I am. I can admit that and am fine being called out on it. 🤣

(And why are they checked out, but Oklahoma -- also missing starters -- isn't?)

BUT, seriously, how is this any different than the Utah games? It's the same issues.

Mediocre tackling. Lots of penalties. No established dominance in the trenches.

You can't ignore these things.

I just find it crazy that some of us think we can't do better than some of these coaches Marios bringing. Thats not a controversial or hating *** statement.

Just want us to be elite everywhere.
I thought he was just bringing OL, WR, DL

Who else?

Advertisement
Honest question. Does watching Oregon struggle so much worry anybody? It doesn’t worry me because I think their biggest issue is QB play. But, would like to hear some opinions on this
Brown deserve the blame but playing calling has been **** all year.

The defense worries me. I know they have been dealing with a lot of injuries but 3 out of the 4 (OSU, Stanford, Utah) “physical “ games they have had. Oregon has been on the losing end. They start strong the first two drives, then run out of gas quick and no adjustment from the coaches.

The DC takes blame because it had been basically line up and play. No moving around players for mismatched, no creativity in getting pressure, no adjustment in coverage. When Chase Young was at OSU. They would move him around all over the line. Thib and Sewell has been in the same spot every play when they are on the field, all year long.

Running a 3-4, I was expecting more creativity.

Mario will get the talent to Miami but Mario will succeed or fail with his OC/DC hire. Oregon OC/DC this year wasn’t good(I never liked Moorehead)

I’m not using this bowl against Mario it’s just something I noticed all year since the Mario to Miami smoke started.

"About 30 players that began the season in unform will be missing from the action when the Ducks take the field for the Alamo Bowl Dec. 29 against Oklahoma.

Most of those players, such as tailback CJ Verdell, are nursing ailments that will keep them out. But some are those who have elected to transfer or opted out of the bowl game so their professional futures are not fouled up.

The most prominent of those opting out is defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux, who is expected to be one of the first players taken in the 2022 NFL draft. While it’s a big blow to Oregon’s defensive scheme, it wasn’t a shock to see Thibodeaux focusing on his future rather than a non-New Year’s Six bowl game."
They've battled injury bug all year.

Advertisement
oReGoN a PhYsICaL tEaM bRo!!》!

Keep ignoring those 🚩🚩🚩 fellas.

Yall want these coaches here ???

Mirabal and BM only ones worth the raise.

The rest can stay exactly where they are.
Bro kill yourself if u think Oregon stacked. He got some guys that would of never went there but doesnt have a massive roster of mega stars. He can do that at UM u cant do that at Oregon thats a stepping stone job.

Bro kill yourself if u think Oregon stacked. He got some guys that would of never went there but doesnt have a massive roster of mega stars. He can do that at UM u cant do that at Oregon thats a stepping stone job.
Crazy how people don’t see that. Most of their stars wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t for Mario.

It’s funny how we’re acting like these bowl games matter. Half the starters are out and the whole coaching staff is out the door tomorrow. This game means nothing.

All facts. I dont see this game as an indictment of Mario at all.

He had some flawed teams w some major holes, but played in an awful conference and took advantage (this is a good thing btw. Thats what you're supposed to do.)

Dudes getting hot when you bring up some of the defenciecies of his teams. Twisting themselves into pretzels trying to make good seem great.

We (well not me) did this **** w so many past coaches, Manny most recently. Pretending like he was a good DC hire, absolutely ignoring what happened at Texas and his lack of a resume at Miss. State.

To paraphrase the great Toni Morrison: "When someone shows you who they are, believe them. "

Mario gonna do great things here, but to get to that next level, he gonna have to upgrade that staff.

EDIT: Quote is Maya Angelou. Too much Henn right now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah, Oregon would have never been good or had talent without Mario.

Just never mind the previous 10 years at Oregon pre Mario. Forget that time. Oregon without Mario was basically Rutgers. Dale!

If you didn’t know that Oregon has had a nuclear winter of injuries this year then you shouldn’t be analyzing their last several games with too much certainty.

22 straight points for Oregon in the second half.

Brown has had a **** of a 15 mins - he's throwing bombs.

Advertisement
If you didn’t know that Oregon has had a nuclear winter of injuries this year then you shouldn’t be analyzing their last several games with too much certainty.
Good job we're hiring their S&C Coach.
crazy tom cruise GIF

Yeah, Oregon would have never been good or had talent without Mario.

Just never mind the previous 10 years at Oregon pre Mario. Forget that time. Oregon without Mario was basically Rutgers. Dale!
Why, I remember that time Armstead, Deanthony Thomas, Seastrunk, and Ngata commited to Mario, and who could forget that time he was a freak play away from winning a National Championship against Auburn. And then that other time he went to a NC game a few seasons later. Or that time his Qb won a Heisman and was a number 1 draft pick.

All jokes aside, Mario is that dude. No BS. Been a fan since FIU. I pop my **** bc I believe he can get us to where we know we belong. As I always say, its all love.

That’s a hard place to build a title team at. There are no significant local recruiting grounds. What Mario brought in there is amazing. Simply doing that here plus what’s local plus a similar weak conference - is a higher floor and ceiling.

Advertisement
Back