MEGA Bowl Games Mega Thread: Baga vs. Byzantine Baga

Brown is just raining down bombs.

Where was this guy against Utah?!
Dam did Brown realize he wasnt handcuffed by Mario anymore at halftime and decide to turn to Mahomes?! This is probably his best game of season, definitely top 3..

Advertisement
Crazy how people don’t see that. Most of their stars wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t for Mario.

It’s funny how we’re acting like these bowl games matter. Half the starters are out and the whole coaching staff is out the door tomorrow. This game means nothing.
facts

I turned off the game at 30-3. What in the world…
Football Coach GIF by Pac12Network

Advertisement
All facts. I dont see this game as an indictment of Mario at all.

He had some flawed teams w some major holes, but played in an awful conference and took advantage (this is a good thing btw. Thats what you're supposed to do.)

Dudes getting hot when you bring up some of the defenciecies of his teams. Twisting themselves into pretzels trying to make good seem great.

We (well not me) did this **** w so many past coaches, Manny most recently. Pretending like he was a good DC hire, absolutely ignoring what happened at Texas and his lack of a resume at Miss. State.

To paraphrase the great Toni Morrison: "When someone shows you who they are, believe them. "

Mario gonna do great things here, but to get to that next level, he gonna have to upgrade that staff.

EDIT: Quote is Maya Angelou. Too much Henn right now.
The staff is tremendous dont worry, the right formula at UM with money is all beast recruiters that can beat Bama and OC and DC X and Os. Simple formula that will dethrone the SEC and have us as a perennial top 10 yearly. Better than what we have been having for years. Although it wont happen in these next two seasons like people think. We need to stack this ****** OL and DL with monsters. fans need to be patient

That’s a hard place to build a title team at. There are no significant local recruiting grounds. What Mario brought in there is amazing. Simply doing that here plus what’s local plus a similar weak conference - is a higher floor and ceiling.
Its simple but people hate who they hate cause the love for Lane Kiffin whos class was last in the SEC way down the barrel. That **** wouldnt work here and he will begin to slide starting next season

Yeah, Oregon would have never been good or had talent without Mario.

Just never mind the previous 10 years at Oregon pre Mario. Forget that time. Oregon without Mario was basically Rutgers. Dale!
tehy did that while USC was Miami west and everyone was garbage then when UW got a coach they went to the backseat again. Then Taggert gets there with Mario they rise now with him gone they will be ok for a few seasons but if they dont adopt what he built and recruit its over for them. Back to just having cool uniforms and shiny weight rooms

22 straight points for Oregon in the second half.

Brown has had a **** of a 15 mins - he's throwing bombs.
I’ve been saying it. Brown deserve the heat he is got because has been bad but man… the playing calling has been sh*t for Oregon on both sides of the ball this year.

Advertisement
So I'm not gonna act like I'm not taking the **** out of things. I am. I can admit that and am fine being called out on it. 🤣

(And why are they checked out, but Oklahoma -- also missing starters -- isn't?)

BUT, seriously, how is this any different than the Utah games? It's the same issues.

Mediocre tackling. Lots of penalties. No established dominance in the trenches.

You can't ignore these things.

I just find it crazy that some of us think we can't do better than some of these coaches Marios bringing. Thats not a controversial or hating *** statement.

Just want us to be elite everywhere.
There’s not a team in the country that is “elite” at EVERY coaching position. Even Baga.
Sabag sets the expectations for whoever is on staff (and he has a helluva lot of turnover) and then oversees their work. His specialty is defense, specifically DB’s, and spends time in that area.

Hopefully,Mario takes the same approach. Mario’s specialty is obviously OL and he’s already shown that’s his focus.

LOL Mack Brown is senile. Couldn't say 'Beamer', had to say 'the family' during the sickly sweet pre-match HC interview.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No, he just said he loves football and couldn't fathom not playing in this game.

Also this is why I'm not worried about UNC's recruiting. They're far more talented than USCe, but they're getting waxed. Coaching matters.
The mighty ACC should be destroying these schitty SEC teams.

Advertisement
Back