Off-Topic Bourbon Heads

Advertisement
20210107_090848.jpg

make sure to supplement your bourbon collection with a healthy selection of good ryes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The stuff you hide when your friends come over. That shelf aint for them.

if they want to drink to drink, it's buffalo trace and sazerac all day. if they want to drink to enjoy, they pick the bottle with the reservation that the only thing other than whiskey in that glass is a small piece of ice if they want. if they want shots then they can provide the booze.

It’s shameful that @Dr.L.ThugU , a man of exquisite bourbon palate, is pestered by a bourbon newbie like me for recommendations, and each time he checks in to see how I liked the last bottle, he finds himself lowering the proof level on each subsequent recommendation because I’m a liquor puss. I’m almost back to wine at this point.

Someone was talking about liking sweeter bourbons. A good one to try is Hillrock. It's solera aged and smooth. Worth a try if you like those types of bourbons.
I’ve been doing solera rum lately. I didn’t realize they do that with bourbon.

Advertisement
It’s shameful that @Dr.L.ThugU , a man of exquisite bourbon palate, is pestered by a bourbon newbie like me for recommendations, and each time he checks in to see how I liked the last bottle, he finds himself lowering the proof level on each subsequent recommendation because I’m a liquor puss. I’m almost back to wine at this point.

start 80-90 proof with an ice cube and slowly wean yourself off of the ice. then jump to bottled-in-bond, then you can experiment with high proofs and barrel proofs.

Don't sleep on a good wine. Usually cheaper and will **** you up much faster

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back