Off-Topic Bourbon Heads

Advertisement
What a ******* week! What y’all drinking fam?

1613786668613.jpeg

Advertisement
Anyone hear try the JD Eric Church special release this year? I ran into a few bottles this weekend but didn't pull the trigger due to price. Having second thoughts now. I've heard tales of bottles selling for $300 and up, which is f*cking ridiculous.

Just walked in a liquor store and found 4 Roses small batch select for $30 . They had it on the shelf as a regular small batch . **** good pour and great in a Manhattan.

Advertisement
Did you clear the shelf? If not, what store? I've been wanting to try that!
They had 3 . I bought 2 so when I left there was 1 left . Hills Liquors at the end of kendall . They get a lot of Buffalo Trace products so I stop by every now and then . I've gotten Elmer T Lee and Blanton's there a few times . They have 2 more locations too, one on Miller and another one on US 1 and 266th .

Question on a store single barrel bottling. This is the description:

The Whistlepig 10 year rye program is a blend of at least 10 year old rye barrels distilled in Canada. We were able to taste through a couple different barrels from differing ages and decided to bring in this exceptional barrel of 16.5 year age. It has a rich cocoa quality with bruleed sugars and toffee running through the palate. The rye bite has rounded off quite nicely with age and leaves you with a lingering finish of bitter chocolate and cinnamon. Limited supply.

It says 10 yrs on the label but is actually 16.5 yrs old. I am a bit confused why that is. Maybe so Whistle Pig doesn't need to print out a different set of labels for these sorts of one off bottles? They are charging around $100, which seems extremely reasonable given the climate?

Question on a store single barrel bottling. This is the description:

The Whistlepig 10 year rye program is a blend of at least 10 year old rye barrels distilled in Canada. We were able to taste through a couple different barrels from differing ages and decided to bring in this exceptional barrel of 16.5 year age. It has a rich cocoa quality with bruleed sugars and toffee running through the palate. The rye bite has rounded off quite nicely with age and leaves you with a lingering finish of bitter chocolate and cinnamon. Limited supply.

It says 10 yrs on the label but is actually 16.5 yrs old. I am a bit confused why that is. Maybe so Whistle Pig doesn't need to print out a different set of labels for these sorts of one off bottles? They are charging around $100, which seems extremely reasonable given the climate?
Don't know about that bottle specifically but I've had Elijah Craig store pick bottles that were around 13 years old . Age on a store pick is up to the store mostly. Checkers by 184th and US1 has very good store picks when they get them .
Yea , they usually do mark them up a bit but nothing dramatic in my experience.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back