Off-Topic Bourbon Heads

$44 and that's about how much it's worth. bended 12 and 107 (poor man's pappy) is honestly better. we have a huge liquor chain in texas that sells below msrp if you pay cash. i refuse to pay more than msrp for my stuff so it's a godsend.
That's awesome . ****, $44 . Never seen it on a shelf and prices online are around $500 . How good is it ?

Advertisement
$44 and that's about how much it's worth. bended 12 and 107 (poor man's pappy) is honestly better. we have a huge liquor chain in texas that sells below msrp if you pay cash. i refuse to pay more than msrp for my stuff so it's a godsend.
Can you get full proof and 12?

That's awesome . ****, $44 . Never seen it on a shelf and prices online are around $500 . How good is it ?
honestly i'd probably pay $60 at absolute most for it if that was retail. it's nothing special, just a very good high octane wheater. makers cask strength is comparable.

Advertisement
Was talking about 1792 sweet wheat. Regular 1792 small batch I can find anywhere

1792 Small Batch, Single Barrel, Bottled in Bond, & Full Proof are fairly easy to find in South Florida.
The Sweet Wheat is much harder to find, but it can be done. I have 2 bottles at the moment.
The Aged 12 Years.....I've seen it twice, both times at absurd prices ($200).
The Port Finish & High Rye I've never even seen at all down here.

1613016591542.jpeg

Good to get out of the house...$15 for a Taylor Barrel Proof

was able to find this yesterday near Brickell. Paid $149.99 for it.

Attachments

• BE9A0181-5C0C-403C-BC0D-BDFF0122986F.jpeg
    BE9A0181-5C0C-403C-BC0D-BDFF0122986F.jpeg
    311.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 3123A73A-A0AC-439A-B72A-EEA8D721EB2D.jpeg
    3123A73A-A0AC-439A-B72A-EEA8D721EB2D.jpeg
    554.9 KB · Views: 20
  • F822A4F8-494E-4F37-950F-9FA8348EB04D.jpeg
    F822A4F8-494E-4F37-950F-9FA8348EB04D.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 26
Advertisement
This is just crazy to me. I know scarcity and this is just what it goes for these days, but mentally I can’t get past the fact that it used to be $40 and readily available less than 10 years ago.
I called 30 liquor stores until I found one that had it.

I called 30 liquor stores until I found one that had it.
It is crazy. I know that hunt and the current pricing is real. I just have a hard time moving my assigned value for this stuff. I have started getting more and more into Japanese whiskies, mainly because they just are not as hyped or hard to get.

It is crazy. I know that hunt and the current pricing is real. I just have a hard time moving my assigned value for this stuff. I have started getting more and more into Japanese whiskies, mainly because they just are not as hyped or hard to get.
It’s not even for me. My wife works for Humana and would to go to Louisville pre-Covid. She became quite the bourbon overnight connoisseur so we now have Basil Hayden’s, Eagle Rare, Angel’s Envy & Buffalo Trace in our stash. I thought I’d spend a bit since Vday is also her bday to surprise her.

It’s not even for me. My wife works for Humana and would to go to Louisville pre-Covid. She became quite the bourbon overnight connoisseur so we now have Basil Hayden’s, Eagle Rare, Angel’s Envy & Buffalo Trace in our stash. I thought I’d spend a bit since Vday is also her bday to surprise her.
That's a keeper! It is crazy how much easier it is to get stuff up there. She needs to bring a 12 bottle wine carrier on her next trip up and come back with a stash.

Advertisement
That's a keeper! It is crazy how much easier it is to get stuff up there. She needs to bring a 12 bottle wine carrier on her next trip up and come back with a stash.
Great idea!!! All we need to do is travel again. Lol

For future reference, Jenny's Liquor's (2800 NW 22nd Ave, Miami, FL 33142) usually has a few bottles on hand, and they'll let them go for $99 plus tax.

Still too much for Blanton's, IMO.......but if ya have to have it, might as well save the $50.

Advertisement
That’s an understatement. Jesus. We’re these from before the bourbon hype got crazy or just living in Kentucky and knowing the right folks? Lord.
Most were before the bourbon hype and some of the older bottles are from trading newer bottles or from people that locate them for me.

I work for Jim Beam in Frankfort and also know quite a few people that work for Buffalo Trace.

Most were before the bourbon hype and some of the older bottles are from trading newer bottles or from people that locate them for me.

I work for Jim Beam in Frankfort and also know quite a few people that work for Buffalo Trace.
So what you’re saying is you are hosting the tailgate for CIS before the next game at Louisville.

Advertisement
Back