BOT announces Presidential Search Committee

Advertisement
I just don't know what to post to please you all anymore. I enjoy giving you information from what I find out but I don't appreciate false allegations and snide remarks. I enjoy talking and reading about this.

when you try to please everyone, you will please no one.

just give the facts to us straight up whenever you can. but somethings may be better off unsaid.

For all of you who attacked me for having some made up "power". That girl Amy Halpern has a lot more than I do. I know her personally, I will reserve my opinion, but from how I know her, don't expect anything different
Dammit Wherrera, why couldn't you get on that list?

In too outspoken and don't kiss enough ***. I'm the only one willing to ask Shalala why Golden is still employed and people give me dirty looks when I suggest this. It sucks dude.

What bout the Butch Davis talk and all the nfl talent he had at um n unc? Mention that......get that ball rollin

Gotta get Golden out first!

For all of you who attacked me for having some made up "power". That girl Amy Halpern has a lot more than I do. I know her personally, I will reserve my opinion, but from how I know her, don't expect anything different

You better not **** this up wherra8

We're all in the same team. If you would hear me out and listen to me you would get some sort of idea of what we are up against at least from a student perspective.
What I expected you to say, to a "T". Consider yourself on notice.

I just don't know what to post to please you all anymore. I enjoy giving you information from what I find out but I don't appreciate false allegations and snide remarks. I enjoy talking and reading about this.

The name Amy Halpern does ring a very faint bell, I think she was one of those "involved" Freshman when my offspring was chairing/prezing some orgs, a profrat, and clubs at the Biz school...Been too long, may have to ask for their opinion of her...

Advertisement
You better not **** this up wherra8

We're all in the same team. If you would hear me out and listen to me you would get some sort of idea of what we are up against at least from a student perspective.

The name Amy Halpern does ring a very faint bell, I think she was one of those "involved" Freshman when my offspring was chairing/prezing some orgs, a profrat, and clubs at the Biz school...Been too long, may have to ask for their opinion of her...

Who's your offspring? I know Amy I can tell you about her haha

Isn't Condi on the playoff committee and past provost of Stanford? Wouldn't mind being like Stanford.

Last edited:
Advertisement

She's in my year and she's a self-righteous dummy who thinks she's brilliant because she's involved with everything, a real go-getter, and succeeds at average classes. She's a complete ***-kisser who thinks she's on this committee because her opinion is valued. I can't wait for her to open her mouth for a suggestion and Dr. Johnson shoot her down in flames. She will be an empty body that follows the adults line after she pipes up.

Expect a primary fundraiser with an Ivy background and an affinity for medical school connections to be selected. They will be an academic first and a sports person second. President Shalala will have a direct say in the hire.

I vote for Dr. John D. Simon, Provost of the University of Virginia to be the next president.

I would love to have a Condolezza Rice as president because she would be able to pull some big name academics and raise massive amounts of money but the political differences are too strong. They matter in this case. We CAN afford her though.

We definitely need an academic president who hands off the athletics to a veteran AD who can manage the coaches, marketing and all the rest. Donna Shalala was a "name" President who raised tha academic stature and raised a ton of money. However, despite being a Professor first, then a College President, Chancellor (Wisconsin) and UMiami President, she is perceived by the educational elite as something not totally to their liking. Search "Shalala" on the Chronicle of Higher Education website; you will be shocked to find similar venom (well, with less #@&*) over the years against President Shalala there as you do here on CIS. Donna Shalala was winning the PR battle up until the Shapiro story broke. UM had risen to #38 on the US News national rankings released in 2011; post-Shapiro, the ranking has fallen ten spots. Reason? US News has a "Peer Score" component that other institutions submit. It is a good part of a university's score and legendarily gamed by the likes of Bernie "Big Mac" Machen at UFelony. The bowling alley picture (below) and President Shalala's eventual defiance of Marky Mark Emmert and his NCAA Funky Bunch was all the other big wigs needed to lower UM's score.

A quick check of Dr. Simon shows some great credentials. Those are a must, as you pointed out, but we need a president who is content to be an academic, not some blithering idiot who wants to be involved in the athletic side. Declaring the relief of not being fired by the Head Coach, accusing others of scheduling "The Little Sisters of the Poor" when you play in the Little 10, and criticising the largest single Christian denomination is not a president I would want for UM...Whew, a quick check shows WVU took E. Gorden Gee (E.G.G) back as President.

Attachments

• donna.jpg
    donna.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Sorry, already graduated. This is starting to sound like "Inside Amy...Lets take the high road and not resemble a Winston State University board.

Advertisement

Sorry, already graduated. This is starting to sound like "Inside Amy...Lets take the high road and not resemble a Winston State University board.

I may still know them, but I agree in the second part. Good call.

Hopefully they pick someone that understands that you can have great academics and great athletics. They are not mutually exclusive and it would be nice if the next president is someone that recognizes that.
Stanford comes to mind.

Advertisement

She's a sorority trixie.

Where are the hazing vids?

Last edited:
That name list reeks of pompous *******-ism

Who do you want to help select the president of a major institution?? The town garbage man??? Some unemployed football fans?? Negged

If that motha phucker has more common sense than book sense and can get it done then I'm all for it. Look at what your so called academia has done for this university. ***** YOU AND ***** THE BOT.

Advertisement
Back