Boom Ja’Corey Hammett commits

No no no. His 1st step is more explosive, he can bend and he's agile. This is a legitimate edge prospect whose best football is ahead of him. He's a better Tyriq McCord.

Brooks has a better nose for the ball and is faster in a straight line.

Brooks pre injury was unreal , pretty **** close. But this kids first step is **** near as good as it gets.

The comparison is pretty easy , both are close to the same size , build and are playing on the dl out of need. He could easily play on too.

Advertisement
Brooks pre injury was unreal , pretty **** close. But this kids first step is **** near as good as it gets.

The comparison is pretty easy , both are close to the same size , build and are playing on the dl out of need. He could easily play on too.

I don't see it that way at all. Hammett is thin but he has a broad proportionate frame. Brooks has a narrow high-hipped build and he's very tightly wound in the lower half. That makes them completely different athletes to me.

I think people are just looking at school and position and listed size and making a lazy comparison. One is a straight linish 2 down LB or situational rusher. The other is an edge rush prospect.

I don't see it that way at all. Hammett is thin but he has a broad proportionate frame. Brooks has a narrow high-hipped build and he's very tightly wound in the lower half. That makes them completely different athletes to me.

I think people are just looking at school and position and listed size and making a lazy comparison. One is a straight linish 2 down LB or situational rusher. The other is an edge rush prospect.

Comparisons usually are on height , weight and athletic ability. Not to the actual proportion or shape. You know a lot of it is the same high school and what position they playing at.

Brooks only played de because of need but i agree this kid looks like a de.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Comparisons usually are on height , weight and athletic ability. Not to the actual proportion or shape. You know a lot of it is the same high school and what position they playing at.

Brooks only played de because of need but i agree this kid looks like a de.

Rush LB, stand up end. If he has good agility.. MAYBE Will or Striker

Kid looked a little short to me in those highlights. I can't see anything type of traditional DE in his future.

Yawn im just waiting for the long appreciative post Thanking the school and staff and the respect my decision

Does anyone know why he’s still unranked as a junior?
Whether he’s a 3, 4, or 5 star isn’t that important if he can play, however if he’s a 1 or 2 star that would be concerning.

Advertisement
Talented pass rusher with bigtime athletic traits. Plus LCE says his coaches rave about him, which is good enough for me. Hopefully this one sticks.

Welcome to the U!

Advertisement
I think he was just recently added to the database.

I believe they update the rankings monthly (including rankings for the newly added), so we should expect his stars to show up at that time.

Does anyone know why he’s still unranked as a junior?
Whether he’s a 3, 4, or 5 star isn’t that important if he can play, however if he’s a 1 or 2 star that would be concerning.

Advertisement
Back