Booker T loaded for several years

So what's next Golden is a racist? Ice, Luke, and Silio can both **** themselves. Better yet, move to Tally so that you can talk **** from there. Golden is an outstanding recruiter, coach, and a stand up guy to stay with The U after all the **** that has gone down in Miami. There are 40 other HS in Dade about 30 in Broward and thousands across the nation, we will get our and those that don't want to jump on the ship, **** them too! We are the U and we will get those kids that want to come such as Ray, Gore, Reed, McKinney, and the list goes on. Stand up for The U.

"That's all I have to say about that"

Advertisement
So what's next Golden is a racist? Ice, Luke, and Silio can both **** themselves. Better yet, move to Tally so that you can talk **** from there. Golden is an outstanding recruiter, coach, and a stand up guy to stay with The U after all the **** that has gone down in Miami. There are 40 other HS in Dade about 30 in Broward and thousands across the nation, we will get our and those that don't want to jump on the ship, **** them too! We are the U and we will get those kids that want to come such as Ray, Gore, Reed, McKinney, and the list goes on. Stand up for The U.

"That's all I have to say about that"

:ohlord:

because we really killed it with Harris, Johnson, and Collier. theres more to it than being a bish to the streets of dade county. No more inferiority complex, strap your balls on and do what the U does

Bad move by Golden

Drink you some Antifreeze man. BTW isn't the only school with talent! So if we don't get players from BTW you still have Central, MNW, Carol City, Hialeah, Killian, North Miami....should I continue??

i said this in another thread, Ice harris has an influence on these other schools in south florida, all the ones you mentioned, if he is not pleased with us then there will be some fall off on those other schools

Advertisement
Lol Bain isn't a project?

Lol

Yes I would consider him a project but that is not my point. My point is why are we passing on South Florida kids (who are good enough for LSU and other elite programs) but marginal OOS kids with few offers? Why aren't we staying in our backyard. We always say there is plenty of talent in South Florida but I see a bad trend starting right now in taking OOS kids over kids in our backyard. Same things Coker and Shannon got slammed for.

I agree that we need to keep relations with ice and company good. Our coaching staff knows this too. They just couldn't take Kirkland, or risk his offer being wasted, for some reason. They will mend fences before next year no doubt. Ice is mad for his kid, that's understandable. But at the end of the day this was a decision that Golden had to make for one reason or another. One "maybe" can't put at risk a "yes I will".

I still gotta laugh at the notion of Al Golden not being able to recruit Booker T because of Ice.

GTFOH with that.

He can go to New Jersey and get the best kid from a high school there, but he can't recruit kids he will build years of relationships with because of Ice ****in Harris?

LAFF LAFF LAFF

coaches are not as involved in kids recruiting as they are here in SoFla

Bad move by Golden

**** happens. Get over it. We will still get kids from Booker T no matter what. There is two sides to every story and unfortunately Golden does not get to share his side due to NCAA rules. I'm sure there was a good reason for what went down here.

Ultimately I've decided I'm going to ride it out with Golden no matter what his decisions are. That goes for recruiting, coaching hires, gameday coaching, etc. I'm all in with him and I'm not going to get worked up because of stuff like this.

i agree with you...some people have to relax. the other side of the story hasnt been told yet. we know this staff wouldnt just cut a kid like that bc of a deadline. seems like ice is protecting DK and of course UM cant comment on that right now so we dont know what their reasoning behind this was. everything will be alright and for those of you saying that BTW will never come here again ur wrong. we will repair the relationship (if it really is broken after the emotions pass) and continue to get guys from there. about 6, dont try to make it seem like us not taking DK will cost us w 6. none of us r in his head and for all we know he could be leaning towards FSU or Bama n if that is the case then he didnt want to come here. u cant force kids to come here and after the entire process (including getting his lead recruiter at our biggest rival here) and he still doesnt want to come here, then the kid was never coming to Miami.

Advertisement
WIN AND THIS IS A MOOT POINT! Kids will want to be part of a winner in their hometown. Not to mention, plenty of talent around to be caught up on this **** like this.

People who are acting like its not a big deal that we're not in ice's good graces are ridiculous, a couple days ago you were all sucking his **** about how he wouldn't let kids go to jimbobo and nick Satan...it's a huge ******* deal...now, I'm not counting out 6 yet, but if we don't get him, the staff ****ed up big time and I think people need to stop acting like Al golden is infallible, yes I like what I've seen with him up to this point, yes he pulled in an impressive class last year, but people should stop acting like he's already an elite coach...randy Shannon brought in an elite class in 2008 but he couldn't follow it up in the next years, and he couldn't coach them up.vand that's what separates the great coaches
A. They bring in elite talent YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT, not just once
B. they can translate that talent to wins
Do I think he should be fired? Of course not! He came into an awful situation, but whether he can be an elite coach still remains to be seen, and. I think people need to stop acting like he's already brought in 5 straight elite classes and like he's already won 3 national championships

Bad move by Golden

Drink you some Antifreeze man. BTW isn't the only school with talent! So if we don't get players from BTW you still have Central, MNW, Carol City, Hialeah, Killian, North Miami....should I continue??

i said this in another thread, Ice harris has an influence on these other schools in south florida, all the ones you mentioned, if he is not pleased with us then there will be some fall off on those other schools

I'd be willing to bet AG has more pull in the local schools than Ice.

Advertisement
Do people really think Golden would do anything to hurt our chances with 6. One of the best defensive players to come out of Dade/SoFla...and a huge position of need for the team. We have had 6 at the top of our board for 20 months, what happened yesterday will not affect the recruitment.

Bad move by Golden

Lol no. Why do you think he hired Cristobal, Coley, Richardson, and kept Barrow on staff. Got GAs that are from down there...,,South Florida recruiting Is different. Some of those coaches don't even let certain schools recruit their kids. loyalty and family are big.

Bad move by Golden

Lol no. Why do you think he hired Cristobal, Coley, Richardson, and kept Barrow on staff. Got GAs that are from down there...,,South Florida recruiting Is different. Some of those coaches don't even let certain schools recruit their kids. loyalty and family are big.

Agree to a certain extent. Family and connections mean everything. AG is a smart man, hence the recent hires. He knows what he is doing. All I am saying is the CEO at UM is bigger than the head coach at BTW. Is it one of our main schools, yes! But, BTW and Ice don't want to burn this bridge either IMO unless he is still mad over the Randy firing... I don't spend all day on here and could be totally off but I don't believe so.

Advertisement
I have total confidence in our coaches. There is always a back story. There is NO WAY they would do something disingenuous to a local player coming from a school like Booker T. Washington. Darn near the WHOLE staff has been to BTW to show their respect, concern, etc. Be honest with yourselves, why would we overturn boxes at a feeder school? Our coaches no Chad is on deck and that Mathew is a difference maker. I think in the end what has gone down is Denver screwed up and Ice is taking up for him publicly but kicking him in the seat of his pants privately.

I have total confidence in our coaches. There is always a back story. There is NO WAY they would do something disingenuous to a local player coming from a school like Booker T. Washington. Darn near the WHOLE staff has been to BTW to show their respect, concern, etc. Be honest with yourselves, why would we overturn boxes at a feeder school? Our coaches no Chad is on deck and that Mathew is a difference maker. I think in the end what has gone down is Denver screwed up and Ice is taking up for him publicly but kicking him in the seat of his pants privately.

It was a numbers game. Nothing more, nothing less. Ol boy didn't want to commit "fully". Staff had to move on. Not even sure how "good" his FSU offer is. Even if he did commit to UM, grades MIGHT have been an issue. Borderline grades.

Advertisement
Back