Booker T loaded for several years

Bad move by Golden

If BTW was the only HS in FL producing D1 talent Id agree with u.

Randy Shannon thinking. Central? Who needs 'em!

/doesnt realize everyone turns on him
//starts recruiting 0 star kids in the bahamas and oregon

Not really.

AG cant let HS coaches dictate anything. It is a privilege to play football and get an education at Miami.

AG has pulled kids from Southridge, Miramar, and Central. Something RS never did.

There are too many good football schools in S FL to get worried about the phuckery at 1 school.

Miami will be fine with Ice and BTW, or without Ice and BTW.

Advertisement
Bad move by Golden

**** happens. Get over it. We will still get kids from Booker T no matter what. There is two sides to every story and unfortunately Golden does not get to share his side due to NCAA rules. I'm sure there was a good reason for what went down here.

Ultimately I've decided I'm going to ride it out with Golden no matter what his decisions are. That goes for recruiting, coaching hires, gameday coaching, etc. I'm all in with him and I'm not going to get worked up because of stuff like this.

I still gotta laugh at the notion of Al Golden not being able to recruit Booker T because of Ice.

GTFOH with that.

He can go to New Jersey and get the best kid from a high school there, but he can't recruit kids he will build years of relationships with because of Ice ****** Harris?

LAFF LAFF LAFF

Some of you guys should take a deep breath. This has spun way out of hand in some of your minds. We will continue to recruit at BTW. There will be terrific talent coming through there and for a number of them, UM will be the right choice for them and they will sign here...and for some, another school will be the better choice and they will get away.

I dont believe this will affect 6. There is more to this story than any of us know and 6 has most likely been given UM's side of the story...which Im sure is more truthful than the 1 sided story you are hearing from the media. If he doesnt sign here on NSD, then we werent getting him anyway. If he has decided to go to UM, he isnt doing a 180 because of what allegedly happened to DK.

Exhale.....

Advertisement
Bad move by Golden

Not really.

AG cant let HS coaches dictate anything. It is a privilege to play football and get an education at Miami.

AG has pulled kids from Southridge, Miramar, and Central. Something RS never did.

There are too many good football schools in S FL to get worried about the phuckery at 1 school.

That would be fine if we passed on him for other South Florida kids. But no we are passing on kids like Kirkland and Bain for projects from OOS like Sonny and Brooks. This reeks of Shannon recruiting but too many people are too far up Golden's *** to see it. I love Golden but some of you ******* worship the guy and think he can do no wrong. Right now this situation is a mess and should have been handled differently. Just like Shannon should have handled the Todd Chandler situation differently. Also how many kids in South Florida who weren't as highly touted did Shannon pass on only to go get kids like Cain and Cleveland from places Miami has no business recruiting?

Bad move by Golden

Not really.

That would be fine if we passed on him for other South Florida kids. But no we are passing on kids like Kirkland and Bain for projects from OOS like Sonny and Brooks. This reeks of Shannon recruiting but too many people are too far up Golden's *** to see it. I love Golden but some of you ******* worship the guy and think he can do no wrong. Right now this situation is a mess and should have been handled differently. Just like Shannon should have handled the Todd Chandler situation differently. Also how many kids in South Florida who weren't as highly touted did Shannon pass on only to go get kids like Cain and Cleveland from places Miami has no business recruiting?

So waiting until we actually sign anyone is now being "up Golden's ***"?

ok.

Advertisement
And let me know when Shannon's evaluations produced first round picks.

Let alone at ******* Temple.

Yea I'll trust Golden.

Not really.

That would be fine if we passed on him for other South Florida kids. But no we are passing on kids like Kirkland and Bain for projects from OOS like Sonny and Brooks. This reeks of Shannon recruiting but too many people are too far up Golden's *** to see it. I love Golden but some of you ****ing worship the guy and think he can do no wrong. Right now this situation is a mess and should have been handled differently. Just like Shannon should have handled the Todd Chandler situation differently. Also how many kids in South Florida who weren't as highly touted did Shannon pass on only to go get kids like Cain and Cleveland from places Miami has no business recruiting?

ok.

Don't act like you don't see all the Golden worship on this board. I am just pointing where I think he went wrong in this case. Even if he pulled everyone else in come NSD, this is an ugly situation that should have went down the way it did. I am never one to give these kids an ultimatum. It usually backfires.

Not really.

That would be fine if we passed on him for other South Florida kids. But no we are passing on kids like Kirkland and Bain for projects from OOS like Sonny and Brooks. This reeks of Shannon recruiting but too many people are too far up Golden's *** to see it. I love Golden but some of you ****ing worship the guy and think he can do no wrong. Right now this situation is a mess and should have been handled differently. Just like Shannon should have handled the Todd Chandler situation differently. Also how many kids in South Florida who weren't as highly touted did Shannon pass on only to go get kids like Cain and Cleveland from places Miami has no business recruiting?

ok.

Don't act like you don't see all the Golden worship on this board. I am just pointing where I think he went wrong in this case. Even if he pulled everyone else in come NSD, this is an ugly situation that should have went down the way it did. I am never one to give these kids an ultimatum. It usually backfires.

For real. I like Al Golden and have from day 1. But the he can do no wrong **** is bizarre. Dude is 13-11 in 2 years here and people are acting like he's Bear Bryant.

Not really.

ok.

1.jpg

Advertisement
Miami will repair the relationship. Dude is just ****ed off that Miami doesn't let these coaches get away with using the program as their own personal exposure machines like they have been used to under Randy and Coker. They'll get used to it.

And if Kirkland and/or 6 weren't coming here this year anyways, then BTW wasn't really a pipeline.

Not really.

ok.

Do we want to separate the ******* idiots on this board from the good posters, or do we want to lump everyone together?

I'm not saying you don't bring up any valid points but I think this is a better discussion or concern, a week from now. JMO.

I can see Booker T Washington High School from my office balcony and it's not burning down. Everything will be fine.
Look, it's simple. If a kid doesn't know by now if he's going to UM, and can't confirm this to a coach, UM has to move on. Especially with limited scholarships. Cant put all your eggs into one basket.

Advertisement
Some people act like golden just let this happen and he shouldn't have. If we had a lock on Kirkland and needed him, we have him. We didn't or don't. We, none of us, are in the place to make that call. Golden and company are. We can sit in the outside and yell "bad move" all day but fact is Golden knew the outlash might happen. He had to. If we knew it could happen, you think nobody in our staff knew? I guess we're all ******' geniuses out here and should be coaching d1 ball.

I can see Booker T Washington High School from my office balcony and it's not burning down. Everything will be fine.
Look, it's simple. If a kid doesn't know by now if he's going to UM, and can't confirm this to a coach, UM has to move on. Especially with limited scholarships. Cant put all your eggs into one basket.

Yuuuuup

Join Date Dec 2012
Posts 3

are you are lurker?

Advertisement
Back