2024 Booker "B9" Pickett Jr. 4* Edge from Tampa (Wharton)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The height and production remind me of Marcus Robinson (Homestead DE).

I think Marcus was more sturdy tho and Booker has longer arms.
Marcus was an LB through and through, we missed used him. I think Guidry get the most out of a player like Pickett. Is he related to the 25 safety who also plays in Tampa?

Marcus was an LB through and through, we missed used him. I think Guidry get the most out of a player like Pickett. Is he related to the 25 safety who also plays in Tampa?
Was he? I know Marcus had like back to back 20 sack seasons at Homestead. He def rushed the passer in HS.

I could've sworn he was used here at UM as a DE maybe hybrid LB too.

Advertisement
Was he? I know Marcus had like back to back 20 sack seasons at Homestead. He def rushed the passer in HS.

I could've sworn he was used here at UM as a DE maybe hybrid LB too.
He would have been a great JACK but he just lacked length to be a DE. Yeah, he put up big time sack numbers at Homestead. At UM he was basically a DE the way I remember it.

LWS A&M Recruiting space discussion from @Geo305 and Andrew

Booker Pickett

Andrew: Things heating up here. Wouldn't be surprised if he committed
Geo: Miami was recruiting heavily last year then refocused during the spring and are recruiting hard again
Geo: F$U biggest competitor here. O$U hot/cold
Andrew: Measurables are questionable, insane production on the field (60+ sacks), that's why UM is interest is picking up again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
- Cane legacy
- From Tampa
- Over 60 Sacks & 40+TFL's in 3 years as a starter
- Long armed, skinny kid but with room to grow
- Natural pass rusher

There's not much else to consider, even if you have concerns about his weight, just put the kid on that Feld Steroids... I mean "Weight gain" plan & see what happens.

You take a flyer on a kid like this every time, even if it doesn't work out both parties can remedy the situation with the Portal.
also cousin is a huge priority next class.

Stash n develop kid likely wayy underweight but him being a legacy would likely keep from portlaing out early and giving him time to develop some.

I think review the early film and if he wants to come take with a plan of weight gain

If the kid is 6-2 190 why can’t he gain weight lol? Kids a pass rusher I’m all for it.
I agree in this case for sure, he seems to have a frame to add weight and is twitchier than say terry mccray,but we've been let down by a ton of tweeners recently so I understand our fans concerns

Advertisement
I’ve been around him on a few occasions and he’s a legit 6’3. His weight is around 200 from my eyes. I know all of his sack numbers are great but his best quality is he’s a great kid. He has been raised the right way. I’d take him in a heartbeat!

I agree in this case for sure, he seems to have a frame to add weight and is twitchier than say terry mccray,but we've been let down by a ton of tweeners recently so I understand our fans concerns
Yeah no reason he can’t play at 240 and stand up worse case

- Cane legacy
- From Tampa
- Over 60 Sacks & 40+TFL's in 3 years as a starter
- Long armed, skinny kid but with room to grow
- Natural pass rusher

There's not much else to consider, even if you have concerns about his weight, just put the kid on that Feld Steroids... I mean "Weight gain" plan & see what happens.

You take a flyer on a kid like this every time, even if it doesn't work out both parties can remedy the situation with the Portal.

this ☝️

good coaches, (and I think Guidry is one), figure out how to get production from natural football players like Pickett.

you're telling me the mad cajun couldn't figure out how to get 15-16 snaps a game from a player like this, and have him climbing up the QB's ballsack for half of those?

this is the kind of player that DC's like Guidry kill for, because they are a luxury that you can use to turn games.

rewatch last week's game, with Wesley on the half fire blitz, nyjalik dropping into the curl from the able end position, and jafari running the cheetah stunt from the 9 technique, .... and let your imagination run wild.

Advertisement
Have him be a stand up rusher maybe he could get up to 6-3 235lbs by his second or third year, with crazy explosion and bend off the edge and ultra productive

not saying the production will happen, but jarvis moss came in at 6-6 about 195 at florida
he left 6-6 250

235 allows him to play pass rush situations by RS sophomore
and you CANT TEACH that first step and pass rush skill set

In all seriousness, is the kid just not athletic enough to play linebacker? I’m no expert scout but how many times have you seen undersized amazing high school DEs make the transition to linebacker in college. I understand his skills and stats say he’s a great high school DE, but at that size and weight is he just too stiff to transition?

also cousin is a huge priority next class.

Stash n develop kid likely wayy underweight but him being a legacy would likely keep from portlaing out early and giving him time to develop some.

I think review the early film and if he wants to come take with a plan of weight gain

Basically the perfect 3rd DE/edge to take in this class. We should have depth to let develop until year 3.

The cousin in the 25 class. Is that Ryan’s son?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back