2024 Booker "B9" Pickett Jr. 4* Edge from Tampa (Wharton)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Dijon Johnson played for Wharton as well.

But the Tampa region in general for the 24 class is absolutely loaded with talent.

Carrollwood Day & Tampa Catholic have bout 9-10 prospects between them that are 3 & 4-star players, and that’s not even including all the other schools in the region. But overall, Tampa is on par with South FL in terms of quality of sheer talent in this class.

Advertisement
Dijon Johnson played for Wharton as well.

But the Tampa region in general for the 24 class is absolutely loaded with talent.

Carrollwood Day & Tampa Catholic have bout 9-10 prospects between them that are 3 & 4-star players, and that’s not even including all the other schools in the region. But overall, Tampa is on par with South FL in terms of quality of sheer talent in this class.
I can’t remember the last time that area was this loaded.

Advertisement
Is Booker Jr close o DJ Pickett? I believe they're cousins. The latter is a yuuuge 2025 kid.

Advertisement
I can’t remember the last time that area was this loaded.

That’s because it hasn’t been before and usually been overrated in terms of college production relative to high school accolades. But now the city is really growing in the past 10 years or so maybe it’s playing a role now. Btw,Tampa in this case does not include St. Petersburg which imho has been underrated historically.

A long time ago Hillsborough would have good players (Andrew Williams, Darrel Jackson, etc.) and Armwood/Tampa Bay Tech/Chamberlain would have guys as Plant every now and then but most were busts. Now there’s like 15 guys from tampa in the nfl like: Agholor, Zach Carter, Petit-Frere, Mccloud, Al-Zaiir, etc. and it’s an area that needs to be heavily mined.

Edge doesn’t seem like it’s gonna be a problem for us

It never should be but last years haul was 🤌🏼

Advertisement
Any updates on here? Legacy who hasn’t been talked about much recently… OSU is pressing. I want to keep this one home. Especially considering it’s time Mario starts making noise out west. Tampa loaded the next few classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back