Bond with Knighton a factor for 2022 4-star RB Patterson

View as article
Dont you guys have a really good CB that was favoring the panhandle school? What's the deal with that kid?
He was a Corner but we moved him to Safety after the second game last season. He's thriving there and that's likely his spot at the next level. He's family with the Crocketts so he was an FSU lean for a while but fell in love with Auburn during a visit. I'm not sure if Miami is actively recruiting him.

Advertisement
He was a Corner but we moved him to Safety after the second game last season. He's thriving there and that's likely his spot at the next level. He's family with the Crocketts so he was an FSU lean for a while but fell in love with Auburn during a visit. I'm not sure if Miami is actively recruiting him.
Thanks coach. Auburn is a very easy school to fall in love with. Good for the kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How was his season this past year?
He played really tough. He was a workhorse, dragging tacklers all over the field.
I don't know if he runs well enough for us to recruit though. He's not the type of RB to get "ghost" like Rooster was. He's the type to wear a defense down. He showed nice one-cut ability, breaks arm tackles with ease and he's always moving forward. He could use a year running track. He should improve his explosiveness and flexibility. He got big QUICK. I think he's gonna be a 215lb+ senior.

Completely different style than Rooster.
Rooster would have a sequence like...
1 yard carry
2 yard carry
49 yard carry.

Jazzy is more like...
5 yard carry.
6 yard carry.
5 yard carry.
8 yard carry.
4 yard carry.
7 yard carry.

To be fair, we weren't as good on OL this year so he usually had to break tackles to gain significant yards.

Advertisement
I was thinking Mike James, though he runs more upright like Gus used to do coing out of HS.

@Coach Macho , How fast and quick is he? Hard to tell in those highlights. And what do you think of him relative to Thad Franklin? He's a bruiser too, though he seems to get skinny and lower to the ground, may be more explosive as well.

Last edited:
I was thinking Mike James, though he runs more upright like Gus used to do coing out of HS.

@Coach Macho , How fast and quick is he? Hard to tell in those highlights. And what do you think of him relative to Thad Franklin? He's a bruiser too, though he seems to get skinny and lower to the ground, may be more explosive as well.
Jazz is a 4.6-4.7 guy.
He ran a laser-timed 4.7 at a Nike camp just before his 10th grade season.

I think Thad is much thicker.
Jazz runs so **** high sometimes, I wait for him to get lit-up, but he never does. He has a way of slipping off tackles.

Considering we have Thad, I don't think Miami will recruit another RB with a similar style.

Patterson the barbatterson?
benedict cumberbatch nod GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back