Bolden and K Smith

[]_[] swag

Sophomore
Are athletes. Give the secondary a completely different feel when they are on the field. We saw glimpses last year, but team speed on the backend was pathetic when bolden wasn't in last year.

They are going to be huge pieces next week not letting Louisville get behind us.

Could maybe include frierson on this also. Team speed looked better on defense all around.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Are athletes. Give the secondary a completely different feel when they are on the field. We saw glimpses last year, but team speed on the backend was pathetic when bolden wasn't in last year.

They are going to be huge pieces next week not letting Louisville get behind us.

Could maybe include frierson on this also. Team speed looked better on defense all around.
Yeah i agree! Smith flashed f4 me he can tackle a lil bit in space replace carter with gil at least he is faster then carter.

Advertisement
There isn't a person on this planet that is going to convince me Carter should be starting or playing over Bolden. Bolden is the MUCH better safety.

Now what we don't know is if Bolden is fully recovered from his injury yet. If that's the reason, I could at least swallow the lineup decision. Otherwise, it's pure negligence.

This. It's really not even close.

Advertisement
I'd have to ask around, but I wonder if KSmith has been worked in to some of the Safety rotation in practice. I realize he's fighting for and even splitting the "striker" job.

If I'm running that defense, I'm trying to get KSmith, Hall, Bolden, Frierson, Couch, Blades on the field at the same time in some scenarios. That dime package, with someone like Brooks or Huff, and a front 4 of Roche/Phillips/ Harrison-Hunte/Nesta is my "3rd down stop" package right now.

I've always liked Smith. The Striker roll is perfect for him. He played a lot of safety in the box in high school. I would rather have him in their than frieson when we're playing teams that like to run.

Advertisement
Back