Bogle updates injury status, talks official visit plans and the Canes

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
In one of the first plays of his senior season, Cardinal Gibbons (FL) 4-star DE Khris Bogle went down with a knee injury during the Chief’s Kickoff Classic against Key West. Luckily, the injury wasn’t too severe, and Bogle simply sustained a sprain.

“It was a big fullback, it happened the second play of the game,” Bogle said describing the play he was injured on. “My teammates, I tried to hype them up, so I tried to pick [the fullback] up and slam him to get them hyped. But when I picked him up, my knee gave out on me.

“I’ll be back in a couple weeks. I want to take my time, I don’t really want to rush it. But I’m feeling good now, though.”

Last weekend, Bogle made his second official visit of the cycle, heading to Texas A&M to see the Aggies take on Clemson.

“It was different, very different from Florida of course,” Bogle said of his Texas A&M visit. “A college town, people walking around wearing cowboy boots. It was just different, more country I’d say.”

At the end of the visit on the way home, Bogle claimed on Instagram he would never return to Texas. Was that true?

“No, it was just a joke, I was playing.”

With his first official visit being to Tennessee, Bogle didn’t notice much different about the two SEC programs when asked to compare his official visits.

“I don’t want to say it was the exact same, but the atmosphere of the game was the same,” Bogle said. “I’d say the outsides of the stadiums were different, that’s really it.”

Although he had set up his third official to Ole Miss for this weekend as the Rebels take on Alabama, Ole Miss actually pulled the plug and cancelled the trip. Even though both parties plan on rescheduling in the future, Bogle said it’s not a guarantee.

“No Ole Miss this weekend, they backed out on me,” Bogle said. “I’m still going to take it probably, we just changed the date basically. They’re saying they want me to take it after their football season, which may be too late. So I’m not sure, it depends.”

The 6'4" 215 pounder has previously maintained that he would take his decision to Signing Day in February; so does that mean he’s moving up his announcement date?

“I’m not sure. I think after I take my official visit to Alabama, I’ll have a better idea,” Bogle said. “That should be before the end of October.”

As for the Miami Hurricanes, Bogle claims things are still the same with the local school and UM is still in high standing with him. It’s actually not Bogle’s potential position coach in D-Line coach Jess Simpson that he stays in contact the most with on the UM staff, but another first year coach at UM.

“[Simpson and I] don’t really talk a lot, but I love coach and he knows I love him,” Bogle said on Simpson. “We don’t need to talk every day for me to like him, so it’s good. I talk to coach (Manny) Diaz, but I talk to coach (Jon) Patke even more, more than all the coaches.”

However, if you needed confirmation that Bogle is a high-priority recruit to the Canes, get this: it seems even head coach Mark Richt is giving Bogle a personalized touch, something that’s only reserved for UM’s top targets.

“I talk to [Richt] every time I get on the phone with them,” Bogle said.

When asked what draws him to Miami and holds his interest in the Canes, Bogle gave an interesting answer.

“[It’s the] hometown team, a lot of people from down here want me to go there,” Bogle said. “I have the support behind me no matter what, but I think, four years down the line, [Miami] will be the best place for me.”

As one of his long-time favorites, one might think the Canes would be a shoo-in for one of Bogle’s five official visits. However, it seems like all of Bogle’s countless unofficial visits to Coral Gables during the recruiting process has made him feel he’s seen all he needs to see from Miami.

“That’s the thing, I’m not even sure if I’m taking an official there,” Bogle said on UM. “I’ve been there so much, it’s right down the street.”

So, besides Tennessee, Texas A&M, Alabama, and Ole Miss, who would get his final official visit as of now?

“Probably Florida, Oregon, or the U,” Bogle said.

And his message to the Canes’ fans out there that have been following his recruitment?

“Just keep pushing, keep hitting me up on Twitter. I love it.”

Advertisement
“[It’s the] hometown team, a lot of people from down here want me to go there,” Bogle said.
“I have the support behind me no matter what, but I think, four years down the line, [Miami] will be the best place
for me.”

Message to the Canes’ fans “Just keep pushing, keep hitting me up on Twitter. I love it.”

Sounds like he has made his decision!

Advertisement
I know there is likely no math to back it up, but to me it seems like young guys who seek a ton of attention during recruiting end up performing at a lower level than the guys who quietly go through the process or just commit and go about their business.

Advertisement
Kid is a 5 star troll. I wouldn’t believe anything he says.

With that said, I’ve always thought he would end up here after the circus. But, BUT, if Bama makes a push I think he goes there.

I've thought he would be a Cane in the end but he's a kid that nothing will surprise me with.

Well now..that interview makes me feel better then I did a few months ago. Sounds like this kid hates the country that's for sure. LOL. Glad he saw what those hicktowns are really like. Culture shock I am sure. Sounds like as long as the bottom doesn't fall out of this thing regarding our season this year we have a great chance here.

Advertisement
The kid is enjoying the process. Seems to love the lure of the $EC though - but, in the end, the hometown team wins out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back