Bobby Washington (LB) senior HL

Advertisement
I love this kid as a player but he absolutely refuses to wrap up on film , it’s kill shots and nothing else. That will not cut it at the next level. He’s super underrated doe.
Coach Hayes nailed him for that, too. Kill shots galore but those can be grazed by P5 RB’s with balance.

His wrapping up is a tad better than his Jr Film. It shows on those TFL’s.

Advertisement
Nice to see a LB not get lost in the wash every play. He navigates traffic very well.
Lol you realize this is a highlight film right.

I think sometimes people watch a highlight film and think they know someones game. I do that too from time to time because I don't really watch a lot of entire high school football games, but its important to remember when you're watching a highlight tape that it is only a highlight tape.

The kid seems athletic as fck. I don't read too much into him navigating traffic well because you're only seeing positive plays.

He is undersized and it doesn't look like in this tape that he wraps up very well. That'll need to be a point of emphasis. Can't teach his speed though he's fast

For years I haves watched these kind of highlights of these guys coming off the edge and outrunning a por high school OT. They never work out. Can he take on blocks or will he? When there it traffic can he sift through it read it and make a tackle. We will see.

Lol you realize this is a highlight film right.

I think sometimes people watch a highlight film and think they know someones game. I do that too from time to time because I don't really watch a lot of entire high school football games, but its important to remember when you're watching a highlight tape that it is only a highlight tape.

The kid seems athletic as fck. I don't read too much into him navigating traffic well because you're only seeing positive plays.

He is undersized and it doesn't look like in this tape that he wraps up very well. That'll need to be a point of emphasis. Can't teach his speed though he's fast
Of course it's just highlights. But I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find to find any such highlights from our starting lb's this year. Play after play they were completely washed out. Highlights at the very least show that this kid is capable.

I've watched every game of his the last 2 seasons

- He is everything you want at linebacker physically
- The tackling concerns are valid, you can get away with nothing but kill shots against North Miami Beach, you can't do that in the 4th quarter on the road in front of a raucous crowd at Lane Stadium
- Bobby has real medical issues, serious enough to the point I had to mention it. It could hamper his career here.

Advertisement
The tools are all there. My only caution is instincts- not because he looks uninstinctual, but because instincts are hard to evaluate off clips. Tirek Austin Cave comes to mind. The closest physical comp at UM is Avery Huff, a wiry, converted WR who played off the edge and over the slot at times.

Love the length, production, striking ability and pure speed. He seems to be a legit 4.4 guy. He also has DB experience and fluidity. If it all comes together, he has some of the best upside in the class.

Comp is Darrell Mcclover from an athleticism standpoint. **** Darrell mostly played stand up end in high school. Mcclover played 5 years in the nfl so this aint a slight.

72907884.0.jpg

I've watched every game of his the last 2 seasons

- He is everything you want at linebacker physically
- The tackling concerns are valid, you can get away with nothing but kill shots against North Miami Beach, you can't do that in the 4th quarter on the road in front of a raucous crowd at Lane Stadium
- Bobby has real medical issues, serious enough to the point I had to mention it. It could hamper his career here.
Ron Burgundy What GIF

Advertisement
I love this kid as a player but he absolutely refuses to wrap up on film , it’s kill shots and nothing else. That will not cut it at the next level. He’s super underrated doe.
You must’ve been watching Coach Hayes breakdown of his junior highlights . Check out his senior highlights.

Advertisement
You must’ve been watching Coach Hayes breakdown of his junior highlights . Check out his senior highlights.u watche his Jr highlights
You must’ve been watching Coach Hayes breakdown of his junior highlights . Check out his senior highlights.
Nah I just have eyes , it was pretty obvious lol. . I’ll check out his Sr film

Advertisement
Back