Board Temp Check

What outcome are you rooting for this Sat vs. UNC?

• Beat UNC - I can never root against the U

Votes: 189 59.6%
  • Hope we get embarrassed so our spineless BOT’s will be compelled to act

Votes: 128 40.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Personally, I can’t root against us no matter how apathetic Manny Diaz Canel Singao makes me feel.
1634078351028.png
but you can **** on the U ?

Advertisement
Will never root against Miami or Manny.

Having said that, I have zero confidence in Manny and I will celebrate the day he's fired.

Personally, I can’t root against us no matter how apathetic Manny Diaz Canel Singao makes me feel.
The closest I ever came was USF 2010. In retrospect it was dumb because Randy was done either way, and I also realized as I was watching that game that it didn't matter because we were going to blow it regardless.

Advertisement
It’s tough for me to root against us but I won’t say I wasn’t laughing my *** off missing the FG last game. I want Diaz gone so win or lose I’m happy

Good poll but the discussion is moot because UM will never win enough games to save diaz's job. He's done. So we may as well be a little less miserable and actually cheer for team and university that we care about. Nothing will change the inevitable.
Or expedite his exit and cheer the team on under an interim HC.

That's my stance right now. Any time Diaz wins we all lose.

Advertisement
If you FR seriously root for the Canes to lose (which also affects recruiting) you don't deserve even an improved outcome that might eventually come from it. No REAL CANES FAN roots for Miami to lose! Sad so many on this "fans" Board voted for loss.

If it's any consolation, "rooting for" the team does nothing, as well. Tried it against Alabama, Michigan State, Virginia .... and pretty much every other game since 1982.

What will be, will be.

Would rather "root for" a collapse in 2021 than for Diaz and Miami to stumble their way to a 7-5 that has him back for years four.

Dead Manny Walking will either pull a few wins out of his *** these next seven games and save his job—or he'll get his teeth kicked in, which seems fait accompli right now an will be gone sooner than later.

Would rather see Miami get taken out the next two games, fall to 2-5, hand the keys over to Simpson, or whoever—and hope for some Larry Scott-type rally where the team steps it up and finds a way to win out—Diaz gone, but stumbling to 7-5 and something to build on with a win-streak.

Last thing anyone needs is a win one, lose one, win one, lose one type of 2019 scenario where the patient is on life support and chokes out some death rattle breath every other week to convince family to not pull the plug ... yet.

Advertisement
I just root for a good clean spirited contest with no injuries and for all in attendance to enjoy themselves. Hopefully the airline issues are resolved by this weekend too so our student athletes may return to campus in a timely manner to re-engage with their academic pursuits.
A bunch of buds are airline pilots. I would suggest the team chart a couple of buses...lol. This is going to get worse.

Advertisement
Back