Blissett Interview

I'm being serious. How the **** did he get a concussion? He never hit anyone. These some soft *** cats with too much sugar in their blood. We need dogs who put hot sauce on erythang.

can the mods let @Tetragrammaton Cane off the ban list just for the post above so he can do his normal thing on everyone's post of hitting the dumb button? the one time it would go for good use he's banned.

in honor of @Tetragrammaton Cane I am hitting the dumb button on the above post for him.

Advertisement
I'm being serious. How the **** did he get a concussion? He never hit anyone. These some soft *** cats with too much sugar in their blood. We need dogs who put hot sauce on erythang.

Old school is old school but CTE is the new school. I wish this kid nothing but success here at UM and in a career he pursues. This is a tough transition for Jason and his loved ones. Life is life good or bad, make the best of it.

Just hope there are no long term effects for the kid. Is there treatment for this that can prevent this? Anyone know?

I usually don’t respond to idiotic posts like this but this one is lower than whale dung and about as heartless as I’ve ever seen.

Advertisement
Have you ever had multiple concussions? Once you’ve had one or more it isnt hard to sustain others. Been through it with my daughter who played soccer, basketball and softball. Sucks

I never post here. In orthopedic surgery residency. Concussions are nothing to joke around. If you have a concussion and still symptomatic and get another concussion you can get a second impact phenomenon which has a high mortality rate of around 50%, basically causes severe brain swelling and your brains not able to auto regulate due to the 1st concussion. A concussion is irreversible damage think of it as a minor traumatic brain injury. Good luck to him and hope he fully recovers.
Wow. Thanks for the insight.

Advertisement
I never post here. In orthopedic surgery residency. Concussions are nothing to joke around. If you have a concussion and still symptomatic and get another concussion you can get a second impact phenomenon which has a high mortality rate of around 50%, basically causes severe brain swelling and your brains not able to auto regulate due to the 1st concussion. A concussion is irreversible damage think of it as a minor traumatic brain injury. Good luck to him and hope he fully recovers.
Thank you!!! Helluva second post!

I highly recommend this poster for the CIS Telemedicine residency.

Our CIS Medical team’s excellence ranks second only behind the prowess of the CIS Coaching Tree. You will sharpen your skills in quickly diagnosing each on field injury, even prior to a TV replay or other diagnostic tools.

I think a lot of schools do that. I'm 95% I heard that if a player goes to Bama, any of their family members can also go for free. Saying it now sounds like bull**** but I think it's actually true.

Either way, most players can do this at most schools.

Bear Bryant set up a scholarship fund. It was for students in need at first, but was later pivoted to children of former players. I'm pretty sure this is now illegal, but the Bryant Scholarship fund was grandfathered in

Chill the f-out. You are probably sitting on your *** calling our players soft. Are you in pads practicing with them? Do you not know that linemen get hit ever single snap, and get hit in the head on almost every snap.
Some people are more prone to concussions than others, just as some people sprain ankles and break bones easier than others. And if this young man has had anywhere near 6 concussions he has to stop playing football, focus on his health and education.

Your comment is no stupid and beyond pale that if you follow-up with another comment even remotely as insulting of one of our players or anyone who decides their health is more important than your entertainment I guarantee that I will at least suspend you and likely ban you.
Consider this your only warning.
I played football. Started Varsity 77'-79' at CB and WR my sophomore thru senior years. Played against many of the old Bradenton and Ft. Myers teams. We were ranked #2 in class 3A a few times during those years. Our practices were live and physical. Not a one of they guys I know or the ones that played for the Canes, Seminoles, Gators and Clemson ever mentioned headaches or anything except knee or back issues. I know Head Injuries are real and serious, but I have doubts about some peoples motives.

Advertisement
I played football. Started Varsity 77'-79' at CB and WR my sophomore thru senior years. Played against many of the old Bradenton and Ft. Myers teams. We were ranked #2 in class 3A a few times during those years. Our practices were live and physical. Not a one of they guys I know or the ones that played for the Canes, Seminoles, Gators and Clemson ever mentioned headaches or anything except knee or back issues. I know Head Injuries are real and serious, but I have doubts about some peoples motives.
Ok, I will bite. Provide a list of other motives for Blissett to quit football other than injuries? I am quite confident I will expose every argument you make as faulty, but I am willing to give you an opportunity to make a point.
And keep in mind this thread is ONLY about Blissett so a list that includes why football player A quit is irrelevant unless football player A is Blissett.

I usually don’t respond to idiotic posts like this but this one is lower than whale dung and about as heartless as I’ve ever seen.
No. I'm sure NFL suppressing CTE data, killing unarmed people and doing nothing when hundreds of thousands of people are dying from a pandemic is faarrrrrrrrrr worse my man.

No. I'm sure NFL suppressing CTE data, killing unarmed people and doing nothing when hundreds of thousands of people are dying from a pandemic is faarrrrrrrrrr worse my man.
The issues you cite have absolutely nothing to do with Blisset’s situation. Your response is a lame attempt to deflect attention from your insensitive prior post. I’ve given my last response and another from you is not necessary.

Advertisement
Concussions have zero to do with toughness. Some guys are just in the wrong place at the right time or have bad technique that exposes them more to concussions.

The 2nd concussion of my life at age 40 has now resulted in me becoming epileptic. They are serious and life altering for some people. Has definitely changed mine.

Advertisement
Back