Bleak's Player Grades (FSU game)

Lost me at Willis not being a 1st round pick It looked like he hurt his hand at one point but he dominated. A+

Imo Joe Jackson had just as good a game as Jon Garvin maybe slightly better. A

Also Cager a D- you got to be joking lol

Advertisement
Daughter had a soccer tournament in Orlando so I really couldn't concentrate watching the game on my phone, finally got a chance to watch the condensed version last night.

Perry- Had about 7 horrible throws, threw behind a few receivers and was late on a pass that cager should have still caught it looks like a few of them were timing routes where his timing was just off some he was just inaccurate on. Had some great passes in the second half, but has to work on that timing route he overthrew Harley and Thomas on the same play it was open all game. He seemed a lil flustered which worries me since he was at home he does have poise though and he brought us back for the win. Hoping for a more consistent Perry against Virginia.He won the game so he gets a passing grade, but we will we need him to perform better to run this ACC schedule B-

Dallas- looked much more explosive this game , I think he lost a few pounds, would like to see him more involved in the pass game. B

Homer- ran hard missed a few runs where he should have cut inside instead of bouncing out, but also was great when they asked him to stay in and block and chip burns, B-

Cager- Man was he bad, crazy thing is he gets separation but man does he have some has weak hands somebody tell Dugans to get him a pair of these
captains-of-crush-grippers-web1.jpg
HE did catch 2 touchdowns but mane he dropped 3 balls (2Td's)that all were cringeworthy ,
giphy.gif
without Richards he is gonna have to step up but I have no faith in him at the moment. D

Jeff Thomas- Was open all game Incredible catch on that play over the middle, he catches everything thrown to him. Incredible player, but can we please get hin off the kick return team!!! Hope he is ok for this week. A

Wiggins- Got open, drew two pass interference calls, and caught everything thrown to him including a TD that they didnt review, what else can you ask for? A

Pickney- Best game he has played all year, where have you been mane!he looked like a 1st round pick yesterday, he was everywhere and shut down about 4-5 plays and watching him read that TE screen was a thing of beauty. Thats coaching! A

Garvin- Dam he was unblockable looked like the best DE on a field wheere we supposedly have two top notch NFL players playing. His best game of the season also, showed toughness coming back from an injury. A

Joe jackson- Held up stout aganst the run, was in the backfield constantly, and also showed some speed in the open field running down a few plays. A-

Gerald Willis- He got up the field and caused some havoc and TFL's had the great fumble recovery, but FSU had him on roller skates several times in the run game which i was surprised to see. He was double teamed a few times but not all the time. he got handled a little bit on Saturday in the run game. He's not a 1st round pick but easily the best DT weve had here in a while. B+

Tito O- He gets push but needs to learn to disengage and get off blocks to make a play. Not sure if its his job to do that due to the scheme but he is strong. B-

Randy Bethel- I think it was his best game of the year also, He maintained his gap and got off blocks and made plays when the opportunity presented itself and I think he had a sack or two. B

Jaquan Johnson- I dont think Ive seen him miss a tackle or a play all year, Its just a matter of time before he dons the turnover chain. He is living up to his All American pre season hype A

Amari Carter- Showed his athleticism out there, made a great play against a screen pass and made solid tackles. His major hold up is mental mistakes which will improve with experience I like the recipe of less knowles more Carter A

Mike Jackson- Played great against the noles top WR. he is better then last year, Im glad he stayed, he is improving his stock. I thought he was a safety at times last year but it is clear he is a corner now. A

T. Bandy- They didnt really test him this game, he gave up the first TD of the game but he was in an off coverage and got boxed out. It was just a great throw and catch. I believe he will get tested more this upcoming week against #4 Zaccheus from Virginia, that guy is probably the best reciever theyve ever had, We stop #4 we stop VIrginia B

Richt- loved that he went for it on 4th down a few times, but he is killing me with his let's just get out of here with the win coaching philosophy. After Nkosi gets hot and throws the go ahead TD you ground him and call three straight running plays? Cmon Richt youre improving but you're not all the way there yet. Not sure if you will ever get all the way there. Playcalling was also up and down. Expect a few more clsoe games that should be two score wins. C

Diaz- Makes the best adjustments ive ever seen in a college defensive coordinator, glad hes toning down on the all out predictable blitzes on third down. Virginia will be the true test.As another poster pointed out Bronco Mendenhall has owned him since his Texas Days A

This was very magnanimous of you!!! I feel it is only right that if you wanted to grade your favorite teams players in the same manner, I would be willing to read it.

Advertisement
If you watch the film at times, pat bethel had a quicker first step than even Gerald Willis on a few plays in that game and was penetrating Their oline on the inside. Encouraging to see as he continues to get better with each passing game

Agreed. I’ve never been sold on Bethel playing inside, but he finally showed me something against FSU. He was active and actually making an impact. Glad to see it.

Perry made the most prolific comeback ever in this series....give the kid credit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back