Blake James Speaks

He had to comment. One of the most pathetic performances in program history. Manny promised changes in the offseason, I'm sure. Expect for them to throw good money at top coaches.

Why would they toss good money at any top tier coach? James had the grand opportunity to toss mucho dinero at a top tier coach after Rich unexpectedly resign! For instance, the only way your guess pans out with gold, is if Miami has a new AD.

Advertisement
Do seriously believe the Hurricanes will defeat FSU, if the Hurricanes lose this Saturn day? The teams emotional and mental states are already FRAGILE.

Bro listen, we beat Virginia so might mess around and beat PITT, FSU, Louisville and then loose to FIU and Duke. I dont know whats going to happen. Just know that I'm with you that this team is poorly coached.

Why would they toss good money at any top tier coach? James had the grand opportunity to toss mucho dinero at a top tier coach after Rich unexpectedly resign! For instance, the only way your guess pans out with gold, is if Miami has a new AD.

Top tier assistants for Manny.

Top tier assistants for Manny.

No top tier coach is going to work for a guy like Diaz. Diaz is only the HC bc his daddy got him this job. He belongs at Temple, and you arent convincing real coaches to work under him when they know more about the sport than he does.

Advertisement
I mean... saying nothing is better than saying this
but that wouldn't be his job. Its to show support to the guy he hired. He knows his time is basically tied to this guy. IF he has to give manny a bunch of money to walk away some of our sleeping board members may actually wake up and realize he's the problem.

No top tier coach is going to work for a guy like Diaz. Diaz is only the HC bc his daddy got him this job. He belongs at Temple, and you arent convincing real coaches to work under him when they know more about the sport than he does.

I don’t disagree with the premise but I think job-security, integrity and his greenness as a leader are more factors than his football knowledge. We’ll see...

but that wouldn't be his job. Its to show support to the guy he hired. He knows his time is basically tied to this guy. IF he has to give manny a bunch of money to walk away some of our sleeping board members may actually wake up and realize he's the problem.

He has a tendency of not doing his job, so excuse me for assuming that would continue.

This is the same script he used during the Golden Era. Have to respect him about memorizing explanations like this. No reason for him to have to say anything. Less said is better. Make the coaching staff uncertain what their future is. I am missing something here? The Athletic Director feels compelled to placate the PAYING fan base (which essentially is telling the fans to back off), and show support for this coaching staff in a public statement. Tell him what you please in private, but these guys (Diaz and James) certainly know how to throw oil on a fire.

Advertisement
Instead of a show of support public statement, he should have a heart to heart candid conversation with Diaz and sfaff, with Alonzo Highsmith and Winston Moss, and someone to fill in for Jerome Brown, next to him! Alla the 1986 midfield coin toss vs. Oklahoma.

Advertisement
Back