Blake James Speaks

I’m so happy just to see you so happy finally.
I told my boy who’s a jet fan, I said this is how it feels huh to be a jet fan. Only to be excited when there’s turmoil and a head coach change. He replied this is the best time cause of hope......I’m like wow this sucks but I’m excited to be a part of a fan base that makes waves and makes noise where the coaches and admin have to respond. We will be heard my ni99@

Advertisement
Some damage control yesterday with Reed saying we don't need a new coach and then James saying he has full confidence.

He is obviously going to finish the season at the very least so might as well give him the vote of confidence. The ball is rolling down hill already when you have the AD speak out after 7 games in your first season. Manny has a hill to climb.

“We are seven games in,” James said. “Manny is doing the things he needs to do to build a program for long term success. Some of it we will not see until after recruiting signing days. I will say I feel 100 percent as confident in the decision today as I did back when we made it in December. It is frustrating to lose games—I hate losing and I know Manny hates losing—they are going to do what they need to do to put themselves in position to win every game with the understanding that we are not going to win every game. That is part of football. The teams that we line up against are doing everything they can to win games as well. It is going to be a battle week in and week out. Manny has the full support of myself and our full institution.

“I think the reality is that we are 3-4 and we need to focus on the remaining five games and do everything we can to win each and every one of those,” James said. “It is a disappointing journey to this point. You can look at each one of our losses and I think you can realistically say that if this play went the way that it normally would, then we would end up in a different spot. While you could say that we could be 7-0 or 5-2 or whatever it is, the reality is that we are 3-4 and that is what we are moving forward from. We have five games ahead of us starting with Pittsburgh.”

“I think the reality is that we are 3-4 and we need to focus on the remaining five games and do everything we can to win each and every one of those,” James said. “It is a disappointing journey to this point. You can look at each one of our losses and I think you can realistically say that if this play went the way that it normally would, then we would end up in a different spot. While you could say that we could be 7-0 or 5-2 or whatever it is, the reality is that we are 3-4 and that is what we are moving forward from. We have five games ahead of us starting with Pittsburgh.”

L
W
W
W
L

end result 6-6

quick lane bowl

Manny Diaz retained

Advertisement
Advertisement
“We are seven games in,” James said. “Manny is doing the things he needs to do to build a program for long term success. Some of it we will not see until after recruiting signing days. I will say I feel 100 percent as confident in the decision today as I did back when we made it in December. It is frustrating to lose games—I hate losing and I know Manny hates losing—they are going to do what they need to do to put themselves in position to win every game with the understanding that we are not going to win every game. That is part of football. The teams that we line up against are doing everything they can to win games as well. It is going to be a battle week in and week out. Manny has the full support of myself and our full institution.

Impeach his ***

Advertisement
Hopefully Flake gets called out more and more by social media/local media/etc..

The Diaz hire only made sense if it was done with the idea of continuity in mind.

To rebrand all of it as any type of rebuild now that the hire has shown to be an abject failure is bull****, a lie that the fanbase should immediately reject.

If there is the slightest bit of accountability in the BOT and school leadership, this kind of mammoth f--k up should cost Blake James his job.

All the talk (from so many people, not just blake) about us being a few plays away from being 7-0 is driving me insane! IF we were 7-0, we would be the biggest undefeated frauds in the history of college football. We're a terrible team. Period. Sure, you can argue we're only a handful of plays away from being 7-0, but a much better argument is we are lucky we're not 1-6 with our only win being over Bethune. Literally. CMU and UVA beat themselves, for the most part - or put differently, they both could have very easily won those games.

If we had the gall to require Richt to change his Offensive staff, they better have the nuts to fire Manny and or require a complete overhaul on O&D.

If you are going to require a complete overhaul, might as well start at the top.

Advertisement
If we had the gall to require Richt to change his Offensive staff, they better have the nuts to fire Manny and or require a complete overhaul on O&D.

If you are going to require a complete overhaul, might as well start at the top.

At this point, the only acceptable place to start is James. It's not as if any aspect of the athletic department has been successful because of his hires. He's a fundraiser, a hotdog seller, but eventually the damage done because of his crappy hires will outpace the money he's been able to draw in to the athletic department.

At this point, the only acceptable place to start is James. It's not as if any aspect of the athletic department has been successful because of his hires. He's a fundraiser, a hotdog seller, but eventually the damage done because of his crappy hires will outpace the money he's been able to draw in to the athletic department.

The money is coming in because people love The U not bc of Blake James. Any AD will get donations especially if we win. The IPF and Richt were signs the school would commit to winning and guess what? More money came in.

What did you all think he would say? This is exactly what was expected. Now we'll see what happens.

It isn’t what he said, it’s more the why he said what he said that’s interesting. Not a good sign for Diaz, which in turn, it isn’t for him either.

Advertisement
Back