Blake James comment on the “national coaching search” Lol

people who are trying to make any sense out of the Miami football clown show should give this thread by @RivercityCane some serious consideration and just think about it.

The idea of a conspiracy is laughable.

Many top programs go through down periods. Some for a long time.
  • Alabama won a single SEC title between Gene Stallings winning a championship in 1992 and Saban starting his run in 2008.
  • USC won two conference titles between 1989-2001, until Pete Carroll was hired. They've returned to being average, for the most part, though a succession poor coaching hires.
  • OU went 13 years without a Big 12 title, between Switzer retiring and a good hire in Stoops, followed by Riley.
  • Nebraska embarked on a quick descent to mediocre after Osborne retired, and yet to recover.

alex-jones-miami.jpg

Advertisement
You said we let him off the hook, like we could have veto’d his decision or something. 90% of this placed hated hiring manny back and guess what it happened anyway
Nah people were on diaz dik here mods and most people. Only a few posters were against it.
I agree that we cant do **** thats common sense but most ate his **** up. Especially his social media game.

Advertisement
Exactly Klama, couldnt have said it better myself. And I would be willing to wager a big amount that the whole thing was concocted between Blake and manny right from the start! Those two were in cahoots, Nothing but buddies hiring eachother, ******* disgusting but definitely the UM way! This university and program is so infested with politics and nepotism and everything in between that they deserve every piece of negativity being thrown at them. I hope no one renews there tickets, buys merchandise or donates because I sure as **** know I won’t! And maybe then the spineless bot will do that right thing and clean house, till then get used to 5-7,6-6, 7-6 with an occasional 9-3 if we get lucky. Smh

100% on the Blake/Diaz conspiring together theory. Blake won't fire Manny because he might turn on him. The BOT has to fire them both, simultaneously.

Because these "national coaching searches" were so successful for Miami after 2006 and 2010—both just taking up time and proving that we already knew; that Miami isn't as desirable a job as this fan base thinks it is.

James took the lower-risk hire and nabbed Diaz, believing the defense was in tact—hiring the architect who rebuilt it, while trusting he could do the same thing on offense by bringing in the right guys there.

The hire also kept a recruiting class from being decimated, kept some seniors on campus who were gonna leave and resulted in some forward-thinking regarding how to play the Transfer Portal that helped Miami with depth this year.

Without all that, it'd have been a full-blown overhaul that would've set this thing even further back.

Fact is the timing was **** with Richt leaving when he did and a national search would've arguably lasted until after NSD; with zero guarantee Miami would've been able to pull anyone worthwhile.

It was a lower-risk hire, but it wasn't dumb, lazy or any of the other garbage the critics keep putting out there.

Because these "national coaching searches" were so successful for Miami after 2006 and 2010—both just taking up time and proving that we already knew; that Miami isn't as desirable a job as this fan base thinks it is.

James took the lower-risk hire and nabbed Diaz, believing the defense was in tact—hiring the architect who rebuilt it, while trusting he could do the same thing on offense by bringing in the right guys there.

The hire also kept a recruiting class from being decimated, kept some seniors on campus who were gonna leave and resulted in some forward-thinking regarding how to play the Transfer Portal that helped Miami with depth this year.

Without all that, it'd have been a full-blown overhaul that would've set this thing even further back.

Fact is the timing was **** with Richt leaving when he did and a national search would've arguably lasted until after NSD; with zero guarantee Miami would've been able to pull anyone worthwhile.

It was a lower-risk hire, but it wasn't dumb, lazy or any of the other garbage the critics keep putting out there.
Lol...and here we are, still ******. How did that low risk crap work out. You know, Im getting tired of apologists rationalizing that because a guy is not good looking, that he shouldn’t hope for landing a knockout, beautiful girl. Therefore he should take the safe, low risk route of waiting outside a bar after 2 AM and take what straggles out the doors, hoping to get laid, save his face and some serious dough on trying to improve himself. If this BoT and admin manned up and grew a pair, or aligned with a visionary person like Lemonis, and talked serious, with serious candidates, we could land a legit coach. Perhaps not a Saban or a Meyer, but a real deal. This amateur AD and the bleeding of testosterone among the BoT needs to end if we are going anywhere as a program. Otherwise, shut it down And move on to synchronized swimming.

AND MIAMI IS A DESIRABLE JOB. STOP WITH THIS NONSENSE.

Advertisement
Nah people were on diaz dik here mods and most people. Only a few posters were against it.
I agree that we cant do **** thats common sense but most ate his **** up. Especially his social media game.

this.

the slurping was at an outrageous level, particularly after he “was a savage in firing the offensive staff” as if that doesnt happen literally every time a new coach comes in. It was sickening to see this nobody loser coach, an FSU guy, be worshipped bc of the goddam chain and his ethnicity. it was pathetic.

this.

the slurping was at an outrageous level, particularly after he “was a savage in firing the offensive staff” as if that doesnt happen literally every time a new coach comes in. It was sickening to see this nobody loser coach, an FSU guy, be worshipped bc of the goddam chain and his ethnicity. it was pathetic.
Agree with you. But more than ethnicity, it was more that he’s is a “local guy who grew up around the OB” and that “He gets it.” The euphoria during his hire and the **** stench lately are two positions as diverse as you could imagine.

Last edited:
James declined to say whether Oregon’s Mario Cristobal would be considered if the UM job is open again. And James reiterated to Ferman what he had told us previously - that were would have been no way to conduct a national coaching search AND hire Diaz, because a decision needed to be made quickly on Diaz because he had already committed to coach Temple. So Diaz was hired the same day Mark Richt resigned (Dec. 30).

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article236856133.html#storylink=cpy
This comment right here is all you need to know about the pure incompetence that is Blake James and why he and all his cronies in the athletic dept need to be the sole focus of every form of criticism us fans can throw there way! Unbelievable that this bum let a man that’s never played the game of football and never been a head coach before strong arm him into giving him the job on the spot! Smh there’s no hope as long as Flake James is in charge.
I.e., we hired a guy for obviously wrong reasons. Because we never took the time to assess what we needed, what the job required, who was out there, how they might measure up. Or even how Manny measured up, since we didn’t know what we were hiring for. We just panic hired the guy with ‘Miami connections.’ Because faceplant.

Why is any surprised? Do you not recall how he jumped on Richt, after he stated he wanted to retire? Gave Richt the biggest pay day in his career and he was just popping champagne and pouring it all over himself.

This dude is a complete imbecile in the highest order.

Advertisement
You interview other coaches for the simple purpose of asking, "what do you think is wrong with the team and how would you fix it."

Diaz could give some cheesed!ck answer about a lack of esprit d' corps and how giving stickers for high fives and butt pats is the key to victory. Another coach might give you a thorough analysis of the problems with player development, recruiting strategy, and style of play. Then you can do an honest assessment of who is better.

What a f#cking fraud of an AD.

The idea of a conspiracy is laughable.

Many top programs go through down periods. Some for a long time.
  • Alabama won a single SEC title between Gene Stallings winning a championship in 1992 and Saban starting his run in 2008.
  • USC won two conference titles between 1989-2001, until Pete Carroll was hired. They've returned to being average, for the most part, though a succession poor coaching hires.
  • OU went 13 years without a Big 12 title, between Switzer retiring and a good hire in Stoops, followed by Riley.
  • Nebraska embarked on a quick descent to mediocre after Osborne retired, and yet to recover.

View attachment 100744
And when either of those programs-save for maybe USC (and our skill talent STILL ***** on theirs) sit in the most fertile recruiting ground in the WORLD, then you may have a point.....

Advertisement
The university sold us out. Period. We are not trying to win, folks. Why the back and forth? It’s over.....FSU vs. UM???....at 3:30 pm?!?!?! Let THAT **** sink in.....

The university sold us out. Period. We are not trying to win, folks. Why the back and forth? It’s over.....FSU vs. UM???....at 3:30 pm?!?!?! Let THAT **** sink in.....

Thought about this as well.

FSU v Miami used to be equivalent to UNC v Duke in CBB or NYY v BoSox in MLB. We’ve become an afterthought.

When I’m not trying to be a super fan (see my dissertation on why Richt should be a good hire here and most recently, gassing up TNM), I keep it as honest as possible. I try not to give hyperbolic responses. When I said the fact a lot of our games have been moved from ESPN to the ACCN, a network that’s not even fully operational across all providers, told me all I needed to know.

We’re truly an unwatchable program; there’s nothing exciting about our games, and this is what happens when you hire a used car salesman, a retiree, and a videographer to lead ur program.

Like I’ve said dude, I’m glad they did because oh boy did it backfire in there faces with the epic corching job Diaz did in losing to Gtech the worst team I’m the ACC. Oh wait I mean now the second worst team since we replaced them at number one. Lol and all they accomplished in that troll job was increasing support for the real banner and getting west end zone crew involved for even more banners. So it was honestly a blessing disguise. I hope who ever did it is at the Louisville game se he can watch the original banner fly around that stadium in all its glory! Oh and all the other banners flying! Lol
How many banners are we gonna see?
[ FIRE BLAKE JAMES >--🛩

this.

It was bad man it was bad....they do this **** with every hire.

Advertisement
Back