Blake James being interviewed right now

I had to take a double take when he was saying the things he did. i was like oh gosh, him and Golden are absolute best friends by his verbiage.

Advertisement
Anyone remember the Shalala fanatics when she first came in, gloating about her football acumen and overall commitment to athletic excellence? And then continuing to defend said up until and through today?

I do.

Empty suit.

-One of the top academic institutions in the nation, top in state. If you aren't in the top 10 universities, it doesn't ******* matter. No one really thinks Miami is a great school. I attended grad school there and the only thing anyone ever asks about is the football program. Never, ever has anyone said "they've become a great academic university."

-We're a football school, we can win in any sport. We WERE a football school. Now we suck and are mostly irrelevant except for schools that think beating a team that is a shell of its former self is an accomplishment.

-UM is a real leader in the nation.
Leader of what? Moral victories? Embarrassing losses? GTFOOH with this bull**** soundbite.

-Sky is the limit for all sports. It might be the limit, but right now the ladder for our flagship sports program isn't even high enough to get us out of the hole we are in, much less anywhere near the sky.

-Investing is a priority of his, it is how you grow a brand and program. More talk, same level of inaction. We're ten years too late investing in football and the biggest investment would be the right coach, but we always go cheap and get what we pay for - mediocrity.

-Developing the donor base is important, we've doubled the donor base. This has to be some bull****. What numbers are being manipulated to come up with this garbage? Lies to cover up the dissatisfaction with our ****** football team.

**** James and Golden. Two losers digging the hole so deep we may never get out.

I had to take a double take when he was saying the things he did. i was like oh gosh, him and Golden are absolute best friends by his verbiage.

They're both married to women named Kelly, they both have kids around the same age.... look man, Blake will never fire Al Golden. He worships the ground Al Golden walks on. He'll let Al run the program exactly how he wants.

i call those interviews/comments coke zero.

zero worth or valid points to be made from it.

Advertisement
At the basketball game.
-Investing is a priority of his, it is how you grow a brand and program

This idiot James wants to talk about brand? Um, buddy, your school's brand is in the f'n toilet right now due to a decade of poor coaching hires. People aren't talking about Miami anymore. Football is the most popular and talked about sport in the country, and you refuse to get your school in the conversation. There isn't a rule that says you have to choose between academics and athletics. You talk about investing, well invest in a real coach in order to put your school back on the map. Having a successful football program is a way to get millions and millions of eyes on your school, at which point you can show off the academic/research prowess. The only thing inhibiting the growth of the U brand is you and your department's incompetent mistreatment of the football program, Blakey.

Donor base has been doubled?

Quick someone tell me again how Miami is destitute and could never afford to pay Golden's buyout.

As an alum I am proud that the academic standing has improved and we are no longer Suntan U. I see no obstacle to being a great academic school and a great athletic program. You need three things to do it: A University President that is committed; A Board of Trustees that is committed; and an A.D. that is empowered to find, hire and push the Head Coach to accomplish great things. I believe Blake is capable of being the A.D. in that equation, but the President and B.O.T. is dropping the ball.

As an alum, so sick of the top academic crap!!! We are not Harvard, we are trying to win football championships again.

Advertisement
We have had a lot of ADs in a short amount of time. I always thought they left b/c of ncaa but maybe it was because the board and donna are fools

You know you're fvcked as a fan when the first thing out of the AD's mouth every single interview is something about how great an academic institution UM is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back