Blake James and Manny Diaz appreciation thread

Yea I’m good with thanking Blake. He had a no show job and did just that. Manny , good dude that tried , he’s just not a ball coach. I’ll wish him luck. Blake can eat a bowl of ****s

Advertisement
So abrupt. So soon...

GoodbyeManny 5.png

Advertisement
You could almost argue they were so bad that they helped lead to this overhaul.

Without their incredible incompetence, this might not have been possible. They were like rock bottom for a drug addict.

For Manny Diaz the chain was dope it inspired a whole movement in college football, a bunch a copy cats that was not good as the original, that and manny hitting the portal before anybody was innovative two positive things that manny did while he was here good luck moving foward but it’s time for a new start, What has Blake James though ? I don’t really know ?

Advertisement
For Manny Diaz the chain was dope it inspired a whole movement in college football, a bunch a copy cats that was not good as the original, that and manny hitting the portal before anybody was innovative two positive things that manny did while he was here good luck moving foward but it’s time for a new start...

Cant deny this. Overconfidence in himself or a lack of resources caused him to bet on himself a little too much. But you can't deny the wave he sent through CFB with a trend that will forever be duplicated and tied to him and us.

Last edited:
I’m not gonna do manny like that lol. It’s a dirty game. I’m glad the U decided to go get One of the better coaches available. Manny and his staff Was professional all the way until the end. Hope dude lands another DC job and resurfaces with another opportunity. If I see him around town, I’ll buy him a round lol

That said, excited for the future. Glad we got this done and Landed THIS CANDIDATE. Without using hindsight, this is the best HC hire the U has made. Now it’s time to grind

i do think Manny gave it his best try and if he could have produced a winner, he would have been happy as a hog in slop to stay a Hurricane for as long as we would have kept him. For that and his effort, he does deserve a big Thank You.

As to Blake James, I did have occasion to talk to him on the phone a couple times when Manny was first hired. Wasn’t impressed. Goodbye. Nuff said.

Advertisement
Manny tried his best but just wasn't able to keep the momentum from 2017 going on the defensive side of the ball, and it carried over to his head coaching tenure. I wish him well.

Blake? Eh...........due to the fairly poor performance of all 3 major sports, he probably should have been gone a few years ago.

I thank them for being so bad.. it forced Miami to look themselves in the mirror and finally start taking football seriously.

So for that.. I am grateful for their time here. 🙃

Advertisement
I won't hate on Manny. He tried his best IMO.

Blake James was an absolute moron.
Yeah I don't get the hate for all the bad coaches thing I'm sure there trying their best to keep their multi million dollar gigs. its not like these guy's are working at a fast food joint rubbing their cranks on people's food not giving a **** if they lose their job

Manny did a lot of things right, and a lot of things wrong. He should have never gotten the job, but while he was here, he was peaking on his ability. He never quit. He never played media games. I appreciate that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back