Blake has been De-Nutted....

Manny is a defensive BOSS....

It was a badddd ****** idea to place a trainee in charge of what was supposed to be the strength of our team...

Manny shoulda allowed Dan to run the O and he shoulda been HC/DC with Baker training under him.

Manny's mistake was looking away from his Top 3 defense...

Because it's now a Bottom 3 defense....

Now it's too late and the season is too destroyed to do sh*t....

You are going to see the seniors start thinking about staying healthy for a shot at the NFL...

Shaq, Pinck and other seniors aren't risking their knees for a 9-3/8-4 season...

WE ***KED....

Advertisement
1570659392565.gif

Does Manny getting “more involved” mean Hornibrook will look like Aaron Rodgers again in a few weeks?

Correct. He hired Faker because Faker is his son just like Isaac and The Barback are his other 2 sons. He learned that cronyism from his pops.

Perhaps Panda can channel Doug Coughlin and Brian Flanagan and show us some flare bartending tricks and pointers to deflect from the product on the field? I wonder if the PA announcer has Kokomo waiting on standby?

Sure, but what did you expect him to say? "Baker was a terrible hire and is a bum and from this day forward he will be fully neutered"?!? That's just stupid, obviously hes not going to say that about the guy he hired just a handful of months ago. Personally, I'm really happy manny is doing what hes doing with the defense. Not sure why hes getting criticism about it this morning, to me it seems to be a good thing all around. His comments about it are no different than any other coach would have said.

We should stick to criticizing things that warrant criticism.

Minnie shouldn't have said anything, just take over quietly, but he's not that smart.

Advertisement
2017 defense against FBS schools:

15th in YPA against
21st in rating against
43rd in completion percentage against
8th in YPP allowed overall

The end of the year was bad.....Clemson and Wisconsin stuck it in and broke it off. But overall it wasn't terrible. Gave up 300 yards twice, once to UVA (who they shut down in the 2nd half) and the other to Toledo in that first game in a month after Irma. But Manny's defenses have always been vulnerable in the middle of the field against accurate passers.
The pass defense stunk. Spin it any way you’d like, friend. I watched the games. When Kurt Bankert goes 19-19 for 300 and Bryant sets a record on you and then you get lit up by shytface Hornibrook, who was horrible in 2017. Mix in a few other lashings by guys like Logan Woodside. That pass D was ****.

You were trying to prop Baker’s D up before the Vag Tech game when I was saying we hadn’t covered anyone all year and were flat lucky with drops and missed wide open receivers against sorry *** cmu.

Just watch the games and quit with this stat ****. We still haven’t covered anyone this year and got lucky on a few plays against VT including a walk-in TD where Blades got completely used but the QB missed the receiver who was 10 yards behind him.

If that’s not his defense then why does it look so similar to his defense in 2017 when crappy QBs were setting completion records against Shanny.

Some of you guys only seem to remember last year when we had veterans everywhere and did a good job most of the year defensively. But Shanny’s defenses here were pretty spotty overall and downright horrible against the throw in 2017.

Hooker went 10/20 184
CMU QB 23/50 for 214
Franks 17/27 254 2 INT
Howell 16/24 274

Only inexcusable one was Howell and how he lit us up in the 1Q, otherwise UNC had like 20 yards going into 3 minutes left in the 4th

Advertisement
Hooker went 10/20 184
CMU QB 23/50 for 214
Franks 17/27 254 2 INT
Howell 16/24 274

Only inexcusable one was Howell and how he lit us up in the 1Q, otherwise UNC had like 20 yards going into 3 minutes left in the 4th
You’re right. The defense was awesome. My bad. VT is just a very good offense and Hooker is a Heisman QB. 29 is uncoverable.

Advertisement
Pinck was lined at at DT at one point Saturday? WHat?!?! Good lord. I missed that entirely.

Roman did a piece on it. I believe it was a 3rd down. UVA had 3 wr on one side. We had 3 guys there, and 3 on other side for some weird reason. A safety and four DL.

Our DTs were Rousseau and Pinckney.

VT ran over Pinckney. There were three guys shoving him backwards until he finally fell down about seven yards down field.

Advertisement
Read the thread title. Thought this was about Blake James, his “wife” and their uhhhhh “activities” they enjoy...

I recalled Manny defense also letting us down a key moments. I thought it got better when he went with striker, cause Romeo is play maker.
My problem is the defense is not structurally sound, with or without Manny. It just seems disoriented at times. Like when we blitz LSU and leave the middle wide open and we get destroy. Don't disguise our blitzes, no gap control, when we blitz we don't covered up for the blitz. We are told by Banda that if you can't tackle you can't play and yet we are consistently a bad tackling team. Just heard a stat that we missed 13 tackles in the 1 quarter against VT .

Advertisement
Back