Blake has been De-Nutted....

Advertisement
Come on Manny....this thing you just did was a horrible rookie HC move....

“We need accountability and I’m getting involved in the Defense..... But Blake is still the DC mastermind don’t worry!”

Everybody and their mother can see Blake Baker is a wide-eyed noob in his presser....

Have your wondered if your previously Top 3 defense is falling apart because they don’t respect their DC?

And now you’ve come in and cut the balls from him while still claiming Baker is still “in charge”??

Every player, coach and fan can see with their own eyes you just cut the nuts off a kid who has no business being DC...

Terrible rookie HC move... you could have done the same move of getting involved in the D and said nothing about it...

Very concerning about your HC IQ...
post makes no sense....how would you expect a veteran coach to handle this? Just straight up fire the dude? Nope, would not ever happen at this point of the season. What Manny did, is more about the WHOLE team, but I would certainly say, that when the season is over.....SOMETHING has to be done with Blake

Dont let him fool u its his defense....its the reason he hired the fuqin guy.

He "fired him" because Baker isn't running it the way it should be ran. He's trying to put a little "Baker spice" on top of what Manny wants to run with all those silly a$$ blitzes that don't work. Putting Pinck at DT thinking hes outschemeing somebody was the sign hes trying to be too cute.

Any creditability Baker built up after that UF game is now all gone. (that loss wasn't on the defense. That was on Enos 100%)

Advertisement
I’m as down on manny so far as anyone but let’s be real (even with his flaws) that’s not his defense and it’s clear and been clear since game 1. He has every right to come out and say what he said the other day
If that’s not his defense then why does it look so similar to his defense in 2017 when crappy QBs were setting completion records against Shanny.

Some of you guys only seem to remember last year when we had veterans everywhere and did a good job most of the year defensively. But Shanny’s defenses here were pretty spotty overall and downright horrible against the throw in 2017.

If that’s not his defense then why does it look so similar to his defense in 2017 when crappy QBs were setting completion records against Shanny.

Some of you guys only seem to remember last year when we had veterans everywhere and did a good job most of the year defensively. But Shanny’s defenses here were pretty spotty overall and downright horrible against the throw in 2017.

2017 defense against FBS schools:

15th in YPA against
21st in rating against
43rd in completion percentage against
8th in YPP allowed overall

The end of the year was bad.....Clemson and Wisconsin stuck it in and broke it off. But overall it wasn't terrible. Gave up 300 yards twice, once to UVA (who they shut down in the 2nd half) and the other to Toledo in that first game in a month after Irma. But Manny's defenses have always been vulnerable in the middle of the field against accurate passers.

Need to take some of Penos $$, fire the DC and get a real DC and once and for all...FIRE PATTYCAKE

Advertisement
He "fired him" because Baker isn't running it the way it should be ran. He's trying to put a little "Baker spice" on top of what Manny wants to run with all those silly a$$ blitzes that don't work. Putting Pinck at DT thinking hes outschemeing somebody was the sign hes trying to be too cute.

Any creditability Baker built up after that UF game is now all gone. (that loss wasn't on the defense. That was on Enos 100%)
Pinck was lined at at DT at one point Saturday? WHat?!?! Good lord. I missed that entirely.

Just fire Baker and hire a special teams coach. Manny can coach the defense. It’s not like he has any idea how to help run an offense. I really doubt Enos is the type of guy that gets paid that much and let’s a rookie HC actually have much input on that side of the ball. The offense is all Enos and his guys. The defense is all Diaz and his hires. About time that Manny stepped up and took some responsibility for his guys and his recruits being awful.

Interviewer today-“ have you decided who will be calling plays”

manny Diaz- “that’s not something that we have talked about publicly”

At 2:59 minute mark..

Last edited:
Advertisement
2017 defense against FBS schools:

15th in YPA against
21st in rating against
43rd in completion percentage against
8th in YPP allowed overall

The end of the year was bad.....Clemson and Wisconsin stuck it in and broke it off. But overall it wasn't terrible. Gave up 300 yards twice, once to UVA (who they shut down in the 2nd half) and the other to Toledo in that first game in a month after Irma. But Manny's defenses have always been vulnerable in the middle of the field against accurate passers.
I mean otherwise you'd be saying that the offense carried us in our 2017 season. Which is ******* delusional.

Yep. He's acting like he's riding in on a white horse to save the day. It could backfire on him if things don't improve. He'd have been better off doing it behind the scenes.

Here's hoping he can figure out who the real difference makers are on D and get them in the game more than two series.

Seriously don't you think he could've seen all that as HC??

Guess it depends on what he's actually been listening to on the headset and watching from the sidelines....

My guess is that whatever he's been watching or listening to during games from the sidelines wasn't football or game related... ..couldn't have been.

Get your head in the game Manny!!

Advertisement
Come on Manny....this thing you just did was a horrible rookie HC move....

“We need accountability and I’m getting involved in the Defense..... But Blake is still the DC mastermind don’t worry!”

Everybody and their mother can see Blake Baker is a wide-eyed noob in his presser....

Have your wondered if your previously Top 3 defense is falling apart because they don’t respect their DC?

And now you’ve come in and cut the balls from him while still claiming Baker is still “in charge”??

Every player, coach and fan can see with their own eyes you just cut the nuts off a kid who has no business being DC...

Terrible rookie HC move... you could have done the same move of getting involved in the D and said nothing about it...

Very concerning about your HC IQ...
Maybe. Or maybe this is him getting ready to make a change.

Seriously don't you think he could've seen all that as HC??

Guess it depends on what he's actually been listening to on the headset and watching from the sidelines....

My guess is that whatever he's been watching or listening to during games from the sidelines wasn't football or game related... ..couldn't have been.

Get your head in the game Manny!!
Oh yeah, he can SEE it. Question is, can he figure it out?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I only remember seeing one drive where we had Garvin, GR15, Nesta and Miller in at the same time. My untrained eyes saw them being disruptive. Sad thing is, well, a couple sad things. First, I didn't see it until halfway through the 4th quarter. Second, I didn't see it again. Now I admit, I was half lit by then, so I might have missed it if they played together more. I just don't think so.

Personnel decisions have been baffling, and above all things this is what they need to figure out.

Advertisement
Back