Blake Baker

Advertisement
Advertisement
But we all know that Baker (and the other D coaches) are just Mannys yes men. Manny thinks his gimmick defense is championship caliber. Don't expect anything from the defense this year, except to be probably a little worse than last year. **** shame.

Do you realize how dumb you sound? We went from one of the worst defenses in the country to one of the best, consistently, under Diaz. Ranked top 15 in total defense twice.

You're the type of person who probably jumped on the bandwagon in 2003 and pitches a fit if we don't go 27-0 every year.

Do you realize how dumb you sound? We went from one of the worst defenses in the country to one of the best, consistently, under Diaz. Ranked top 15 in total defense twice.

You're the type of person who probably jumped on the bandwagon in 2003 and pitches a fit if we don't go 27-0 every year.
You're the kind of person who gets hard thinking about our top 15 defense stat while going 6-7.

Mannys scheme is BS. Since hes been here, every single time we've played a legitimate opponent we get absolutely ran over on defense. And in his first year as head coach we got ran over by FIU and La Tech.

The guys a ****** just like you.

Advertisement
You're the kind of person who gets hard thinking about our top 15 defense stat while going 6-7.

Mannys scheme is BS. Since hes been here, every single time we've played a legitimate opponent we get absolutely ran over on defense. And in his first year as head coach we got ran over by FIU and La Tech.

Lmao.

Outside of Wisky & LSU who really beat us and really made the defense look bad ? Not saying the scheme or Manny's coaching is particularly great but I can't recall looking bad too many times on D the last 4 years.

Outside of Wisky & LSU who really beat us and really made the defense look bad ? Not saying the scheme or Manny's coaching is particularly great but I can't recall looking bad too many times on D the last 4 years.

Dude is a clueless doofus who I’m 99% sure has multiple accounts on here.

I see a lot of people saltier than I am towards Baker.
A lot of people (me included) point out our defensive ranking and how the defense was “good enough” to win us games. But is this a ranking based on our weak conference and comp?
How can Garvin look like the next first round pick as a freshman and then look pedestrian last year?

We should’ve been going after Frank’s all game but everyone praised how we played the gators cause we “contained” them.
Is containment what you guys want to see from this team with at least two DE’s that run 4.6?

Advertisement
His trash 3rd down defense is unacceptable.. Gotta find a way to stop letting guys get behind our secondary on 3rd and long.
To much analytical crap on 3rd down. He always gets away from what was working. And I just don’t get it. Role with what’s working.

I see threads like this (ZOMG BAKER NEEDS TO BLITZ MORE GUYSM) and I truly have to wonder if people here actually watch the games or just post here.

We haven’t really played too many teams w our talent level. But Clemson dogged us, UNC dogged us this season. Toledo hung 30 (and iirc, Toledo was a solid offense despite conference). VT has busted our chops a couple of times. GT tends to always bust down 200 yrds rushing against us. FIU dogged us this yr.

All in all, we have a good defense. It’s just feast or famine and it can be a little undisciplined, but it is disruptive. Problem is, b/c it’s disruptive when pressure is brought, when the OL holds or if there is a mobile QB (see VT this yr), we get gashed.

Advertisement
We haven’t really played too many teams w our talent level. But Clemson dogged us, UNC dogged us this season. Toledo hung 30 (and iirc, Toledo was a solid offense despite conference). VT has busted our chops a couple of times. GT tends to always bust down 200 yrds rushing against us. FIU dogged us this yr.

All in all, we have a good defense. It’s just feast or famine and it can be a little undisciplined, but it is disruptive. Problem is, b/c it’s disruptive when pressure is brought, when the OL holds or if there is a mobile QB (see VT this yr), we get gashed.
I don't know how I forgot about Clemson smh I guess I blocked it out as a symptom of PTSD.

UNC had exactly 4 good drives against us

Advertisement
Back