Blake Baker

I bet you blamed joe yearby bc he didn’t complete the pass in the freaking snow.

You are clueless
Now that's just stupid
If you had two players like Trejan and Gurvan bracketing the intended receiver on any team in the nation you should like that matchup.

Advertisement
Did Baker blow the coverage for UNC's first TD or did Bandy? People kept complaining that Hill needed to play more but every time he was in and Carolina ran the ball, they went right by him. All the missed tackles, they run drills in every practice, but the players keep whiffing on them in games. I'm not saying Baker doesn't have his share of blame, he does, but it's more than just Baker.

Yeah no matter who was in at D-End they lost contain!!! had me on 10!! Made the right tackle for UNC look like an all American!

1: this exactly the reason why you drop 8 & rush 3. If you knew football then you’d understand how stupid your reasoning is.

2: He shouldn’t the have made that call..he is totally to blame here.

3: Guys like you would blame our RB for not picking up a first down on 4th & 17 when the coach called a draw! This is your logic.

4: You don’t call bracket coverage on 4th and 17 under any circumstances & this is ******* Miami. We don’t bracket coverage UNC WR’s. You keep blaming the end result and I blame the decision maker who put the kid in a bad position.

Again, again, again, again...There’s no need for bracket coverage if you don’t rush 6 like he called. Just drop ******* 8 & play cover 4.

Learn the game of football

THANK YOU!!!!!
I was telling my buddy this defense is not Miami Defense and he could not understand no matter how much I tried to explain it.

Now that's just stupid
If you had two players like Trejan and Gurvan bracketing the intended receiver on any team in the nation you should like that matchup.

Quit looking at high school rankings bc Hall hasn’t shown you anything in comparison to Bandy that would make anyone feel that confident about him.

Not on 4th and 17..period.

Advertisement
Thank you thank you thank you.

By the way, you have a legendary screen name man. If this is “NATO” that I nicknamed a long time ago bc he had international ******* 🤣🤣🤣🤣 then what’s up fam!! I hope everything & everyone is well.

If this is not that guy..disregard but I wish you well. Lol

LMAO @ NATO. Loved that..!! 😂😂

It’s me, brother. Life is grand. Left MO. Living between Germany and Greece at the moment. Building international bridges. Loving the journey. “It starts with us...”

Hope all is well with you too, man. Blessings be upon you and yours.

First off..quit talking about tendencies..you think it makes you sound smart. You sound moronic. What tendencies did UNC show on 4th down in the previous game? How many times was UNC in 4th & 17 this season? How many 4th & longs did they attempt before our game? How many? They had one 4th & short MFer. Close your mouth talking about tendencies.

The WR ran a ******* double move on 4th & 17..any good DC anticipates that & simply calls a simple ******* cover 4. You keep running your mouth about him being their best WR based on tendency and you’re lying like a MFer. That kid isn’t their best WR. Their leading WR is Dyami Brown who led them in catches & TD’s in both games (rec, yards & TD’s against us). The kid (Groves) that made the catch on 4th & 17 had 2 catches all game before that play. The only tendency here is your lying a$$ mouth.

Cover 4 would’ve worked better bc it allows each DB to split the field in a quarter..it requires simple back pedaling, opening up while keeping the WR aligned inside, DB’s back is to the sideline...you can watch both QB & WR essentially at the same time & you’re not susceptible to the double move bc you have 4 other defenders in underneath zones.

Instead, he asked his safety to cover an entire half of field on 4th & 17 which is much harder!

You are football neophyte & you equate cover 4 with fans not having any knowledge bc it’s you who truly doesn’t know ****.

Go away

You still mad about D. Smith?

Maybe you’re not a college football coach because you’d prefer to let a freshman with a super accurate cannon (who thrived on 20+ yd pass plays) have afternoon tea in the pocket and hope that cover 4 (with an inexperienced backfield and missing a starting safety) can shut down 60 yards of green.

It was the wrong blitz, no doubt. And Baker for sure didn’t earn his money against UNC. But cover 4 is definitely dumber than the play that was called.

1) The primary receiver was bracketed.
2) Howell stared him down the whole play.
3) Howell didn’t have time to come off him if the coverage was executed as intended.
4) I’m good with a coach wanting to force a pass to a bracketed receiver with pressure than give a gunslinger all day to work 60 yards of grass.
5) The blitz called was dumb, as was our pre-snap alignment on the LOS.

Last edited:
Basically, its putting your players in position to be successful. If you're calling plays too complicated or plays that don't match the personnel of your team then you're failing your team. That's EXACTLY what Baker is doing.

No DC in america would call a slow developing, zone blitz on a 4th and 17. KISS (Keep it simple, stupid) Make them beat you! 4th and 17 is entirely on Baker, not the players unable to execute... utter trash excuse. He needs to be held accountable for being stupid.

Advertisement
Fair enough. I just think the issues are more personnel related. In other words, the players need to execute better.
I understand where you're coming from. Look, don't get me wrong. I know for a fact that the safety play was well below par and it was never going to be easy replacing 2 senior safeties like JJ and Redwine. We also got used to having an impact player at DT like McIntosh and Willis and we haven't quite been able to replace that yet. Add to that losing a solid experienced veteran like MJack hurt much more than people thought. Everything I listed adds up quickly not to mention the fact that opposing OCs are now targeting both Shaq and Pink in space with good success.

Player turnover is just a reality of college football and I know that these young players will improve significantly after taking their lumps early. My problem is that even accounting for all of that, Baker seems to lack feel for the game. I also question his game plans. We gave Howell way too much respect. Yes he is a very good player but we cannot forget who we are. At the end of the day we have to be who we are and play like it. Baker has taken our strength which is our DEs and basically neutered them because he was petrified of Franks and Howells ability to break contain and get outside or just gash us with their legs. It actually looks like we are playing a read and react scheme. That is not who we are! Use our tremendous athleticism at DE! Penetrate! Create havoc! Yes I understand that you want to account for what they may do but don't take away the core strength of the defense in order to do it. That's my problem with Baker.

Advertisement
Blake Bakers defense is trash.. all this gimmicky exotic play bs got me missing Randy Shannon’s traditional 4-3.
He still is calling defenses like he's at La Tech. He needs to realize that with the athletes we have at Miami he doesn't need to get cute. Just let the dogs eat.

Baker needs to go to the Film room and watch UM DLs under Sonny Lubick, and follow suit....ALWAYS Disrupting the Backfield....Upfield push like nobody's business...THATS how UM FB teams DLs should play...None of this "Patty Cake" 3-4 we ran under donuts, where the DL engages OL....and lets our 5'9 LBers get pulverized by the OL while trying to clean up....or the Garbage I've seen this yr....

Blake Baker sucks. From the 4th and 17 to barely playing T Hill and Rousseau in favor of Scott slow *** Patchan

Watch video, Patchan isn’t slow. He lacks the initial burst and he can’t disengage from blocks. However, the kid can move downfield. He is in on a lot of tackles downfield.

Advertisement
Watch video, Patchan isn’t slow. He lacks the initial burst and he can’t disengage from blocks. However, the kid can move downfield. He is in on a lot of tackles downfield.

My point is that he's being played over Hill and Rousseau supposedly because of his run defense, yet he lost contain on multiple, critical runs in the 4th quarter.

Another dope desperate to scream corch.

When has Manny ever played that much man? When has Manny ever played that much cover 0 or cover 1?

Welcome to being a Miami fan you must be new around here. Must’ve missed the last 3 years
EXACTLY!!!! We played more man cover 1 in one game than I've ever seen us play with Manny in 3 years. Manny's D rarely ever gave up deep passes because of the technique he had the corners playing.

Yeah no matter who was in at D-End they lost contain!!! had me on 10!! Made the right tackle for UNC look like an all American!
That's because Baker has us running these stunts stupid stunts on every other play. We constantly stunt ourselves right out position. No regards for gap integrity at all. And come to think of it, Diaz was the same way. Baker is Diaz 3 years ago. Smh.

EXACTLY!!!! We played more man cover 1 in one game than I've ever seen us play with Manny in 3 years. Manny's D rarely ever gave up deep passes because of the technique he had the corners playing.
About a quarter of this website are only capable of screaming coRch without even being able to provide an explanation why.

I screamed coRch all the time with Richt but God bless I did it a million times better than these dopes.

Advertisement
Back