Blake Baker

Advertisement
You see all out blitzes all the time in the NFL in that situation. Receivers need to run routes that will take a chunk of time and meanwhile the D sends more men than the line can protect. I guess our tackling in the secondary can make that risky but playing a soft zone in that situation sucks. Which is what we essentially did.
It's pretty standard in the NFL to blitz in 3rd and long. Force the QB to throw before WRs can get to the sticks and rely on your guy to make the tackle

I have no problem with the blitz on 4th and 17. I would have showed the pressure early instead of bringing them from 20+ yards from the target point but after two consecutive TFLs, I agree with the pressure

Advertisement
We'll see - I think overall Baker is still feeling his way at this level. He needs to cut out some of the cute **** Diaz loved that burned us half the time (and resulted in a positive play the other half).

Overall though, I'm obviously hugely disappointed, but good lord does this fanbase turn on a coach quickly.

I'm going to give Diaz and co the season to see what happens - obviously Diaz himself will get three seasons minimum to see what he can do before any sort of change is thought about (barring a 1 win season).

It's not like it could get much worse for the programme if Diaz sucks - we're at rock bottom already.

This thread needs to be the main thread on the board for a full week

Baker is FCKING TERRIBLE

You know what we saw out there last night guys? We saw the original manny diaz defense from his first season, you know the one i'm talking about. The one where he sends these stupid blitzes that everyone and their mom knows is coming. Manny was smart enough to dump that crap and adjusted very very well.

But guess what? That's what blake baker runs and has run. He runs what he learned from manny and he hasn't adjusted or maybe even had to adjust it yet.

If diaz has a sack he will pull the play calling duties from baker and take over the defense. If he does that, crazy as it may sound right now, we may run the table. Enos pulled his head out of his *** last night and showed remarkable improvement, now the defense needs to do the same. That was NOT diaz's defense or miami's defense last night no way no how nope nope nope.

Pack your bags baker, this D looks like a pile of sh*t and it's on you.

That 4-2-5 defense is BS...our slow hybrid S/LB always get matched up on a quick slot guy...Manny has a defensive staff full of yes men....

Advertisement
Manny and co are the only defensive coaches that I thin blitz too much. 3 and anything longer than 7 they are going to blitz

I have to re-watch, but I probably won’t because I don’t hate myself, but I’m pretty sure on the most important play of the game he had our best edge rusher spying the QB.

Someone pack up this hick’s airboat and ship his *** back to the bayou.

Not a fan of this Defense at all. Our DL is suppose to be a strength and can’t get to the QB. Our “elite” LB’s have regressed tremendously. They are madly overrated. Secondary looks lost and can’t tackle. Inefective blitzes. Having our best pass rusher become spy’s. Gimmick Defense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny and co are the only defensive coaches that I thin blitz too much. 3 and anything longer than 7 they are going to blitz

Blitzing wasn't the problem yesterday. It was the fact that we left our CBs out on island all day despite them continuing to get beat. We were too scared of their ******* running game and we couldn't adjust when it turned out their QB was doing all the damage.

Not a fan of this Defense at all. Our DL is suppose to be a strength and can’t get to the QB. Our “elite” LB’s have regressed tremendously. They are madly overrated. Secondary looks lost and can’t tackle.
The whole defense looks slow. Like extremely slow and every singe player out there. How is that possible?!?!?

Advertisement
We were way too cute on D last night. Telegraphing slooow developing blitzes. Stunting the DE in and leaving the C gaps as wide as a hookers snatch. You cannot sacrifice gap integrity against an offense like that. Gashing us on RPO’s (which Howell ran very well last night). This is gonna be a rocky road on D this year.

4th and 17 blew my mind. Never thought I’d miss Randy and his 2 man under but sheeeiitt. He got me.

We were way too cute on D last night. Telegraphing slooow developing blitzes. Stunting the DE in and leaving the C gaps as wide as a hookers snatch. You cannot sacrifice gap integrity against an offense like that. Gashing us on RPO’s (which Howell ran very well last night). This is gonna be a rocky road on D this year.

4th and 17 blew my mind. Never thought I’d miss Randy and his 2 man under but sheeeiitt. He got me.
Pretty sure Patchan ran a stunt on the 4th and 17 and HOLY **** IT'S SO SLOW.

Lol classic Miami season. All the blame in the world going to the coaches, who deserve some blame, but the players are the reason we lost this game.

We miss Willis JJ Redwine and MJ so freaking much. Gurvan Hall isn’t ready for the big stage. The corners aren’t good enough to have safeties miss assignments. And the D Line isn’t good enough to hide the secondary’s flaws.

Oh, and Bubba Baxa. And our offensive line on special teams just going through the motions.

Advertisement
Back