Blake Baker receives contract extension at Missouri

Advertisement
“Got away from manny”

Manny is **** near the reason his career started and is on this path lol, plus they run the same typa scheme…Hence why manny hired him as his dc here lol

You don’t have to have the resume all the time. Sometimes it takes foresight. Schuman uga dc didn’t have some extensive resume but he is one of the best young minds in cfb. Jim leohnard same thing. Hartline just starting coaching at osu in 2017
This, off topic but one of the more impressive things to me about what Kirby Smart has done at Georgia that doesn't get talked about is how alot of his assistant coaches that he's had in his time there don't have really impressive resumes prior to Georgia. He's been good at finding up and coming guys.

This, off topic but one of the more impressive things to me about what Kirby Smart has done at Georgia that doesn't get talked about is how alot of his assistant coaches that he's had in his time there don't have really impressive resumes prior to Georgia. He's been good at finding up and coming guys.
The thing is a lot of those guys were at bama as GAs so he got a chance to watch those guys grow and develop. And when he got his shot as a hc he gave them opportunity.

Advertisement
Much easier for him to take a chance on up and coming guys when the roster is littered with talent.

I think the answer to why Diaz, Baker and others have had more success elsewhere breaks down like this: (15%) Talent at Miami has been overrrated, (20%) Coaches were less experienced here, (65%) Persistent flawed culture among players. Manny & Mario both struggled a lot with the latter in their first years. Yes, awful hires with Enos and Gattis, but there was rot underneath that just worsened as losses mounted. Taggart & Norvell faced something similar when they got to FSU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s official. Baker is LSU’s DC. 3 year contract for $2.5 million per season. Baker is the highest paid DC in college football

Positives are that Miami is still the stepping stone for coaches.

Negatives were that those stepping stones aren't to the NFL they're to other college teams.

Last edited:
Manny and his hires making waves and getting promotions. Does Mario have anyone under him who’s been rising like Lashlee and Baker? Who else am I missing? Didn’t Elko try and take Feeley and Simpson to A&M and they declined?

Nicholson would be top of the list for rising star. JT as well.

Advertisement
maybe he wasn't running his schemes and didn't have the jimmys & joes he needed.
I think he got the LSU job. Maybe we should update the title to "Blake Baker receives contract extension at Missouri... jk LSU Makes him the highest paid DC in CFB" or something to that effect

He did nothing but coach linebackers here. Mandy ran Mandy's defense. We gotta stop blaming all the wrong people.

The geniuses that post here never realized that. They were ready to burn him at the stake, that’s why I don’t take any of the jibber jabber on here seriously at all, except for a small handful of people.

Advertisement
Back