Blake Baker receives contract extension at Missouri

Advertisement
Advertisement
I called this very early. This was always the guy LSU would target. Now we gave staff continuity two years in a row. That’s big!

Advertisement
We’ve had a lot of coaches come & go who’ve had success elsewhere.. almost like, we’re the problem.

:6fps6:
Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

I’d say were going in the right direction as a program overall tho

Yeah, I thought about that, but then I thought about the slew of coaches that became heroes in yr 1 at their new jobs, & being the bums we knew they were while here
There’s guys scattered around the country who were t good their first stops but adjusted and grew at new place..think about how we thought about manny when he left..Diaz as he left

Manny and his hires making waves and getting promotions. Does Mario have anyone under him who’s been rising like Lashlee and Baker? Who else am I missing? Didn’t Elko try and take Feeley and Simpson to A&M and they declined?
We’ve got a couple young dudes who I think are respected around the nation..but I’d say the top person to name is Jason Taylor..if he wants to he can climb the ladder and get a chance to run a program..and if Mario’s concept of this takes off, he’d have first hand experience and be looked at a major factor in making that happen..we just had to pay Guidry a raise because lsu came knocking..this, including I’d assume, many others

Advertisement
Dude got that bag. Has success at LT and Mizzou. Wonder why his unit and defense was *** here.
Because the players were Kings of Suck Balls Mountain.

Amazing how better players make corches look less corchier (and vice versa).

Advertisement
Manny Diaz almost ruined this guy with his defense and forcing him to run certain schemes
Nah, almost ruined him with bad recruiting and no physicality in practice which led to poor team tackling. He was always a Diaz guy. His first job was a GA under Diaz @ Texas for 3 years. Then he got his first position coaching job as Safety coach under Brian Harsin who was also on that texas staff. Diaz snatched him up the very next year at LA tech. Diaz got hired up to Miss St and tried to bring Baker with him but LA Tech promoted him to DC to keep him. Miami was the 3rd job he has under Diaz...and him getting the Missouri DC job was helped by his overlap with Eli Drinkwitch @ Arky St

Anyone watch Missouri games know if he is running a different scheme from his time here? Would put to bed the players vs coach argument.
Diaz didn’t have the same ridiculous blitzes and refusal to cover a single eligible receiver at PSU as he did here

Advertisement
Back