Blake Baker jokes about the tight games

The Blake Baker stuff on this site is mob psychology focused on scapegoating an individual and honed to perfection with minutiae obsession.

I say this as no great fan of our defensive performance or defensive coaching or recruiting this year.

But most of you guys lack the sophistication or football knowledge of valued posters like LCE and others. So instead of the valid and fact-based criticisms that they provide, you engage in over-emotional ragefests more typical of toddler tantrums than rational adult discussions. And not just posters, but mods as well.

In this particular case, you literally have posters making a huge deal over a comment, said in jest, as an aside, with probably very little thought given by the person who made the comment. This comment means very little, it means nothing, and has zero impact on either his current, past, or future performance as a defensive coordinator. But yet, you have posters going apoplectic over a meaningless comment.

Some of you people need to grow up.

Criticizing coaches is fair game, criticizing their performance is always within bounds, but this juvenile scapegoating for meaningless comments is ridiculous.
"hahaha I suck so bad I keep these games close, so these networks should send me a bonus check hahah" That's basically what dude just said.

Advertisement
It’s always funny when your in the W column. Let him live. He’s happy to be opposite of the vitriol the fan base had for him. I rather this than the other side...

So we are playing on the road against a rival that normally plays us tough. We are missing 13 players. We hold them to their 2nd lowest scoring output of the season. And most importantly we win the game. But since Baker doesn't have the 2000-2003 Defense walking out of the tunnel he needs to be fired immediately? Makes perfect sense.

The Blake Baker stuff on this site is mob psychology focused on scapegoating an individual and honed to perfection with minutiae obsession.

I say this as no great fan of our defensive performance or defensive coaching or recruiting this year.

But most of you guys lack the sophistication or football knowledge of valued posters like LCE and others. So instead of the valid and fact-based criticisms that they provide, you engage in over-emotional ragefests more typical of toddler tantrums than rational adult discussions. And not just posters, but mods as well.

In this particular case, you literally have posters making a huge deal over a comment, said in jest, as an aside, with probably very little thought given by the person who made the comment. This comment means very little, it means nothing, and has zero impact on either his current, past, or future performance as a defensive coordinator. But yet, you have posters going apoplectic over a meaningless comment.

Some of you people need to grow up.

Criticizing coaches is fair game, criticizing their performance is always within bounds, but this juvenile scapegoating for meaningless comments is ridiculous.

While I agree with most of what you're saying here and rarely put much stock into things like this said by coaches, this was a REALLY fcking stupid thing to say. He's basically joking about doing a poor job. It's not professional, it's not funny, and he makes too much **** money to not take this seriously. For those of us who have had professional jobs in demanding environments, a joke like this about one's performance, made in a public forum, is a really bad look.

If you're not taking your mistakes/shortcomings seriously, you don't deserve the level of responsibility you have.

While I agree with most of what you're saying here and rarely put much stock into things like this said by coaches, this was a REALLY fcking stupid thing to say. He's basically joking about doing a poor job. It's not professional, it's not funny, and he makes too much **** money to not take this seriously. For those of us who have had professional jobs in demanding environments, a joke like this about one's performance, made in a public forum, is a really bad look.

If you're not taking your mistakes/shortcomings seriously, you don't deserve the level of responsibility you have.

His unit held VT to two touchdowns below their scoring average.

They did their job Saturday and have for a vast majority of this season, despite the hysteria here.

Advertisement
"hahaha I suck so bad I keep these games close, so these networks should send me a bonus check hahah" That's basically what dude just said.

If it gets under your skin that much, I’m glad you have the opportunity to vent your hostility here.

I’ll admit it’s probably healthy for you from a psychological standpoint.

May I suggest an additional coping mechanism: if you have a stuffed animal handy, try choking it out. See if you don’t feel better.

If it gets under your skin that much, I’m glad you have the opportunity to vent your hostility here.

I’ll admit it’s probably healthy for you from a psychological standpoint.

May I suggest an additional coping mechanism: if you have a stuffed animal handy, try choking it out. See if you don’t feel better.

I started a gofundme so we can get him a UF plush gator.

Advertisement
This comment wasn't made in a vacuum, he is feeling some heat and hearing the noise. And the self deprecating humor is an attempt of self defense from the criticism of his performance.

Overall you thought the D was bad Sat?

Advertisement
Back