Blake Baker jokes about the tight games

amanan28

New_Era

Nick Young Wtf GIF

Get rid of this putz

Last edited:
Advertisement
I try to pay little to no attention to what coaches say since it is at beast 50% true and at least 50% coach speak.
But this is just dumb to say for Baker. If we were winning games 10-7 then he can make this joke, but when your unit give up 41 to NCSU, your unit is making the game interesting by under performing.

Advertisement
hey Blake-UM in the playoffs and winning rings will make ratings go thru the roof you moron. How about trying for that?

Advertisement
Some of you mopes just look for **** to cry about.
I don't think we are crying so much as reacting to the complete lack of awareness Baker shows to how he and his unit play is perceived. And I doubt that perception is only from people outside the program. I'm confident Baker's boss doesn't love this quote. And it's worse when the person lacking the awareness of perception is being paid very well.

I try to pay little to no attention to what coaches say since it is at beast 50% true and at least 50% coach speak.
But this is just dumb to say for Baker. If we were winning games 10-7 then he can make this joke, but when your unit give up 41 to NCSU, your unit is making the game interesting by under performing.
Not to be "that guy" but his unit did not give up 41 points to NCSU technically.

Advertisement
I don't think we are crying so much as reacting to the complete lack of awareness Baker shows to how he and his unit play is perceived. And I doubt that perception is only from people outside the program. I'm confident Baker's boss doesn't love this quote. And it's worse when the person lacking the awareness of perception is being paid very well.

I think you'd be more than shocked at how this team is perceived outside of the confines of this mope infested **** hole. Right now I'd venture to say the average fan is thrilled at how we played Saturday, short handed against a long time rival that's historically made our life miserable in Blacksburg.

It was an innocent statement about how tight our games have been. That's it.

This guy needs to go

What a joke he is.. His unit has been underperforming and he is joking about it instead of saying we need to get better

Get him out of my face. The old canes would kick his ***

Everyone is acutely aware how sensitive fanboys are. It was a one off joke. It's not the same thing as D'onfrio repeated blatant asshat'isms. Calm the f' down.

Advertisement
The Blake Baker stuff on this site is mob psychology focused on scapegoating an individual and honed to perfection with minutiae obsession.

I say this as no great fan of our defensive performance or defensive coaching or recruiting this year.

But most of you guys lack the sophistication or football knowledge of valued posters like LCE and others. So instead of the valid and fact-based criticisms that they provide, you engage in over-emotional ragefests more typical of toddler tantrums than rational adult discussions. And not just posters, but mods as well.

In this particular case, you literally have posters making a huge deal over a comment, said in jest, as an aside, with probably very little thought given by the person who made the comment. This comment means very little, it means nothing, and has zero impact on either his current, past, or future performance as a defensive coordinator. But yet, you have posters going apoplectic over a meaningless comment.

Some of you people need to grow up.

Criticizing coaches is fair game, criticizing their performance is always within bounds, but this juvenile scapegoating for meaningless comments is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back