Blake Baker Interviewed With LSU

Update form LSU 247:

*** We mentioned Miami's Blake Baker's name as a potential linebacker target, as well as former Auburn alum Travis Williams, who was not retained by the new Auburn staff. Baker's salary could be a road bump for him given it would take going from Miami's defensive coordinator by title to a linebackers coach at LSU. Would the one-time Louisiana Tech defensive coordinator want to take a pay cut if he was offered a spot in Baton Rouge? As for Williams, sources tell the Geaux247 staff that he's a name on the list that many are high on. We have not confirmed an interview for Williams to this point. We have not heard Trev Faulk's name mentioned as a potential candidate, so passing that along for those who inquired.
They keep mentioning this but it’s also notable that they have no other LB coach interviews set up. They have multiple for DL. If he can get a 2 year deal and more job security I’d imagine he has to take that.

Advertisement
They keep mentioning this but it’s also notable that they have no other LB coach interviews set up. They have multiple for DL. If he can get a 2 year deal and more job security I’d imagine he has to take that.

yeah I mean id do it if I were him. hes not getting renewed here and better to leave for the same position at a better program w probably similar or close pay

Exactly. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if with regards to LSU, Baker's name starts to go cold and T-Will's name actually heats up. THis trying to find a landing spot for your friend stuff is some mf'in bs.

I don't get it. I guess Mandy's logic is that even if we lose Baker, he won't backfill it and just elevate Simpson/TRob as CoDC and he will just take over LB duties so to him, he's not really losing out on anyone. It's lazy thinking and limits your ability to add another possible recruiter.

Advertisement
Update form LSU 247:

*** We mentioned Miami's Blake Baker's name as a potential linebacker target, as well as former Auburn alum Travis Williams, who was not retained by the new Auburn staff. Baker's salary could be a road bump for him given it would take going from Miami's defensive coordinator by title to a linebackers coach at LSU. Would the one-time Louisiana Tech defensive coordinator want to take a pay cut if he was offered a spot in Baton Rouge? As for Williams, sources tell the Geaux247 staff that he's a name on the list that many are high on. We have not confirmed an interview for Williams to this point. We have not heard Trev Faulk's name mentioned as a potential candidate, so passing that along for those who inquired.
Blake would take a pay cut but would have a new deal , unlike UM. Regardless if he takes a job this year or next he’s in the same boat. Might as well jump and get a little less money but more years.

Blake would take a pay cut but would have a new deal , unlike UM. Regardless if he takes a job this year or next he’s in the same boat. Might as well jump and get a little less money but more years.
You sure mannt didn’t leak this to make it look like blake has more value? lol

Update form LSU 247:

I'm not buying this bit about money being an issue with Baker. For starters, if he indeed interviewed for the lsu lb coach position, then it suggests he either wants to be elsewhere besides UM and/or Manny wants him out...either scenario you take that positional gig at lsu if offered...difference in salary is moot and, regardless, it is much cheaper to live in Baton Rouge than soFLA.

Advertisement
I'm not buying this bit about money being an issue with Baker. For starters, if he indeed interviewed for the lsu lb coach position, then it suggests he either wants to be elsewhere besides UM and/or Manny wants him out...either scenario you take that positional gig at lsu if offered...difference in salary is moot and, regardless, it is much cheaper to live in Baton Rouge than soFLA.
He got demoted from play calling at the end of his deal. There’s nothing to hide or negotiate at this point.

Advertisement
700K???? Amazing how you can suck in your profession and yet, you pull in 700K.
I guess some ppl who get paid big bucks to make these decisions might actually know slightly more then fans on a message board..regardless baker should’ve been gone after UNC. Interesting to see what bakers buyout is from Miami. I think he has this year plus 22

Advertisement
I think manny was looking to upgrade that DC spot and didn’t land the guy he wanted. So he stuck with baker on staff. No issue with baker looking around. That’s the nature of the biz. But manny not cleaning house immediately on Defense should’ve told us all we needed to know really

Update form LSU 247:

*** We mentioned Miami's Blake Baker's name as a potential linebacker target, as well as former Auburn alum Travis Williams, who was not retained by the new Auburn staff. Baker's salary couldbe a road bump for him given it would take going from Miami's defensive coordinator by title to a linebackers coach at LSU. Would the one-time Louisiana Tech defensive coordinator want to take a pay cut if he was offered a spot in Baton Rouge? As for Williams, sources tell the Geaux247 staff that he's a name on the list that many are high on. We have not confirmed an interview for Williams to this point. We have not heard Trev Faulk's name mentioned as a potential candidate, so passing that along for those who inquired.
pray chicago cubs GIF by MLB

Advertisement
Back