Blake Baker Interviewed With LSU

Advertisement
That’s my whole point, the whole not firing them thing is unnecessary, if LSU doesn’t pick him up just cut the cord, we shouldn’t have to wait until another team signs him before we can move on, especially when there are way better options on the market right now.

T-Will would blaze the trail up at Miami on this staff, just stop waiting around protecting Bake’s feelings & go get him, literally every other program is making new coaching moves daily, Miami shouldn’t be any different.

The goal should always be to improve the team at all costs, not break your back protecting a grown man’s feelings who’s a professional. The coaching business is just that, a business, Bake doesn’t need a special set of stipulations before he can be hired or fired, not to mention time’s of the essence, it’s smart to make the move ASAP so we don’t fck around & miss out on a dude like T-Will, because trust me, he has plenty of options as well, he won’t be on the market for too long.
how much do you think has to do with the buyout for a guy with a year left on his deal after we just spent a good deal on jess, t rob and a lashlee extension and pay raise. we still are cheap af

That’s my whole point, the whole not firing them thing is unnecessary, if LSU doesn’t pick him up just cut the cord, we shouldn’t have to wait until another team signs him before we can move on, especially when there are way better options on the market right now.

T-Will would blaze the trail up at Miami on this staff, just stop waiting around protecting Bake’s feelings & go get him, literally every other program is making new coaching moves daily, Miami shouldn’t be any different.

The goal should always be to improve the team at all costs, not break your back protecting a grown man’s feelings who’s a professional. The coaching business is just that, a business, Bake doesn’t need a special set of stipulations before he can be hired or fired, not to mention time’s of the essence, it’s smart to make the move ASAP so we don’t fck around & miss out on a dude like T-Will, because trust me, he has plenty of options as well, he won’t be on the market for too long.

1. Maybe its not about feelings, but the guys (supposedly) $500k salary we'd have to eat in a year where we drew 6000 a game.

2. Maybe we have the DC lined up and are just waiting for Blake to "quit."

Yeah yeah yeah, I know. But I am just illustrating that there are multiple possibilities, and Manny has sure earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to hiring and **** the whole offseason in its entirety.

Advertisement
5 of the coaches on LSU’s staff are Louisiana natives & while Baker is from Houston, he apparently is a well liked coach in Louisiana from his time as a player at Tulane & as a coach at LA Tech.

He doesn’t belong in Miami, he’s not a good fit here, doesn’t have enough fire & doesn’t command the respect of the Defense, he’s pretty much seen as just Manny’s high paid sidekick, so the writing is on the wall...

Hopefully Eddy O does us this solid & takes him off our hands, but if LSU doesn’t want to cut the check for him, the LB’s coach job just opened up at North Texas & he’d fit perfect on that staff under DC Phil Bennett, SMU just lost their DC/LB’s coach Kevin Kane to Illinois, University of Houston is also in need of a LB’s coach right now & Tennessee will also be looking for a LB’s coach pretty soon too whenever the new HC gets named.

Bake leaving would give Miami an opportunity to add another good coach on staff who could be a dynamic recruiter which we will need for the 22 class at LB, but we could also bring in a legit DC if Manny is open to it as opposed to deciding to call plays himself this year.

T-Will is the obvious choice with the connection to T-Rob, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be TWill, there’s still several good choices that wouldn’t cost Miami more than 450-500K per to bring them in, both Tyrone Nix & Joseph Gillespie are terrific DC/LB’s coaches who did a great job this year at UTSA & Tulsa & neither one is making more than 300K a year.

But if Bake did leave of course T-Will would be the most likely choice, but the point is, there’s lots of really good options to replace Baker, it would be a real shame if Diaz lets this opportunity to upgrade the LB & potentially the DC spot pass us by in these coming days by trying to save face & protect Baker. Let his *** go & he’s free to go whenever he wants, people are acting like 1 year left on a contract is gonna put Miami in the hole lol, despite the constant effort of always trying to make Miami seem like we’re the little sisters of the poor, we can afford to move on from Baker with a year left on his deal, we moved on from Enox, Stubblefck & Botch Berry when they had multiple years left on their deals & yes I’m aware of Covid, but again, we’re not flat broke or in debt as a program, we played a full 11 game season & had fans at every home game, plus still have multiple Billionaires on the BOT, we’re okay enough financially to replace a LB coach lol.
If we had a better DC we beat NC. We beat NC we play in the orange bowl. That payout alone pays that salary and more.

If we had a better DC we beat NC. We beat NC we play in the orange bowl. That payout alone pays that salary and more.
In the ACC, I don’t think the payout is any different regardless what bowl you make, if that’s what you mean. That’s the good thing about the Big East, there it did make a difference. But point taken.

Advertisement
I’m not sure if this was reported anywhere, but was informed by someone who would know last night that Blake Baker interviewed for the defensive coordinator position at LSU. I know he’s pretty polarizing amongst our fan base in regards to his abilities, but thought people would be interested to know this. Apparently the interview went pretty well too. I was told that interviewing Baker was likely part of a negotiating dance with Bo Pelini, in regards to how much they’re willing to pay him. Earlier today I was later informed that Pelini is now expected to be the hire (subject to approval by the Board of Supervisors), but if they couldn’t reach terms with Pelini then Baker was in consideration to be the potential hire.

And there is probably my first and last insider info to provide to the board, thought you should know.
Sorry...but I don't believe Blake Baker interviewed for any SEC Def Coordinator job.... especially LSU ...maybe as a position coach...but not DC

Advertisement
Just weed out the BFFs, one F at a time.
Can't see it happening, as nightmarish as it would truly be. Opens up a spot for a position coach on defense. Patke is doing ok with special teams and strikers, so why mess around with that this year.

Advertisement
32C5D473-7B58-4FC1-841C-A4CE0C475100.png

Update form LSU 247:

*** We mentioned Miami's Blake Baker's name as a potential linebacker target, as well as former Auburn alum Travis Williams, who was not retained by the new Auburn staff. Baker's salary could be a road bump for him given it would take going from Miami's defensive coordinator by title to a linebackers coach at LSU. Would the one-time Louisiana Tech defensive coordinator want to take a pay cut if he was offered a spot in Baton Rouge? As for Williams, sources tell the Geaux247 staff that he's a name on the list that many are high on. We have not confirmed an interview for Williams to this point. We have not heard Trev Faulk's name mentioned as a potential candidate, so passing that along for those who inquired.

Exactly. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if with regards to LSU, Baker's name starts to go cold and T-Will's name actually heats up. THis trying to find a landing spot for your friend stuff is some mf'in bs.

From LSU 247 in the past hour:

*** Another note to pass along on Miami defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Blake Baker. He's a candidate and he's very much a natural fit for the job, but he also makes around $700,000 and despite having his play calling duties stripped, it's tough to give up that type of salary as well. LSU pays very well of course, but for a linebackers coach, that might be tough when there are other options out there.
700K???? Amazing how you can suck in your profession and yet, you pull in 700K.

Advertisement
Back