Blake baker and company

I’m so sick of the bashing of baker. You have elite teams giving up a lot of points on defense like LSU and Bama to name a few. You got guys who are starters on defense who don’t execute proper technique like shedding blocks making open field tackles and not making a play on the ball when it’s in the air. You got defensive ends flying upfield on power and zone. Then you have podcasters saying “ we play to much zone” I’m not playing man coverage against a mobile quarterback like hendon hooker or the UVA QB who can run. I mean don’t you think guys like Rumph and Banda talk to Ed reed about best technique and scheme .. like duhh...and bolden has look like **** the pass couple of games and he’s light in the ***. He better stay another year. Blades sucks too like really some of you guys don’t know football I trust my eyes and you guys that constantly bash Rumph and baker don’t have a clue I’m telling yah. YES BAKER CAN DO SOME THINGS BETTER but the defense has displayed on many occasions that they can get stops when it counts! Case in point the last two games in the fourth quarter Ivey got a pick (HE MADE A PLAY) defensive line stepping up against NC State (ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF MAKING A PLAY) players gotta make plays bottom line. We are not littered with 5 Starr kids it is what it is. We have no consistency with backer play. Is baker the best coordinator probably not but it’s NOT HIM OR RUMPHS FAULT.
If you can only win with 4 and 5-star kids then you can't coach. We have more talent than most of our league. Instead of doing less with more how about more with less such as Wake Forrest, NC State, BC, etc.

Yes, we are winning. However, to some fans such as myself we are only marginally better than our opponents who "do more with less." Just because we sucked and underperformed last year isn't a free pass for this year. The last two games we won, could have been losses if a few plays had not gone our way. The team deserves credit for winning, but from a fan's view, we are better in some areas and worse in others. The main difference this year is FG kicking. That has secured the last two wins on top of King's performances.

We are 108th in penalties nationally and 11th in penalties in ACC play. That doesn't require talent. The things that "need to be fixed" are the same things every week.

Speaking for myself, I just want to see a solid complete game from the coaches and players for 60 minutes. One that is steady and machine like. Perhaps that's too much to ask for.

We are a passionate fanbase. When fans stop complaining, the program should start worrying because that means the fans stopped caring.

Advertisement
No. Not executing is a sign of a disconnect between coaches and players. That has very little to with a guy’s talent level. They have the requisite athletes to be better then what they are...put it like this, if we were recruiting at the level LSU has been with the guys they have in their 2 deep and our defense was having the type of performances LSU has had
That is subject to opinion. LSU players were rated highly out of high school. That doesn't equate to talent, but potential.

Do you realize what other DC's would do with what we have on D? We are very talented on D. So stop with that bull****. NFL guys at each level (except LB unless Brooks figures it out)

No one is confused nor assumes that it's all Baker & Rumph...

Baker & Rumph's criticism comes from the fact their units on the field are poorly coached AND they in particular have underperformed as recruiters, which leads to people wondering what exactly are they doing if they're not doing a great job coaching or recruiting?

They (along with Patke) catch the most heat because it's what they've earned due to their poor performances, if they were great recruiters or great coaches people wouldn't criticize them as much as they do, that's how it works with fans.
my only thing with the corner back play is when our guys are playing man they do a good job with locking eyes on the defender and not looking for the ball to early which will cause separation from the receiver if you do. But for the life of me I can’t understand why they can’t get their head around when the receiver raises his hand to catch the ball. That should be the DBs key as to when to look for the ball and that’s just not happening. Moreover they gotta get off blocks Better and open field tackle better. But crazy to think that’s not happening when you have pro guys like Rumph reed being around. Reed was coached by Marvin Lewis and Rex Ryan so the coaching is their kids gotta make things happen. I hear you though but the back lash is ridiculous at times.

Advertisement
He called a good game against VaTEch. Very good plan. The plays VaTech made were breakdowns by individual players, not the scheme or gameplan. I really want to see the gameplans for Wake and UNC. That's when we will be challenged by good offenses especially UNC as they are multi-dimensional.
UNC is really good on offense

He called a good game against VaTEch. Very good plan. The plays VaTech made were breakdowns by individual players, not the scheme or gameplan. I really want to see the gameplans for Wake and UNC. That's when we will be challenged by good offenses especially UNC as they are multi-dimensional.
Diaz called the game.

but sure

Dear Mrs Baker,

This is bigtime college football. If you want a friend, get a dog! These coaches are highly paid for a reason. They signed up to work in a performance-based industry and they are not performing. This isnt LA Tech

Idk which offense has been more painful to watch. The Bears this year or Miami’s last year.
Bears...simply b/c Nagy was supposed to be some offensive mastermind learning under Reid. Enos had no business being our OC. Will be interesting to see what the Bears do tonight w Lazor calling plays. **** poor ran franchise from top to bottom, though. Wish the McCheapskies sell the franchise to a competent ownership group.

Advertisement
NC State is good on offense too.

Do you realize what other DC's would do with what we have on D? We are very talented on D. So stop with that bull****. NFL guys at each level (except LB unless Brooks figures it out)
But what about bama and LSU they got NFL talent what are their defensive coordinators doing with them? They give up points.

Advertisement
If you can only win with 4 and 5-star kids then you can't coach. We have more talent than most of our league. Instead of doing less with more how about more with less such as Wake Forrest, NC State, BC, etc.

Yes, we are winning. However, to some fans such as myself we are only marginally better than our opponents who "do more with less." Just because we sucked and underperformed last year isn't a free pass for this year. The last two games we won, could have been losses if a few plays had not gone our way. The team deserves credit for winning, but from a fan's view, we are better in some areas and worse in others. The main difference this year is FG kicking. That has secured the last two wins on top of King's performances.

We are 108th in penalties nationally and 11th in penalties in ACC play. That doesn't require talent. The things that "need to be fixed" are the same things every week.

Speaking for myself, I just want to see a solid complete game from the coaches and players for 60 minutes. One that is steady and machine like. Perhaps that's too much to ask for.

We are a passionate fanbase. When fans stop complaining, the program should start worrying because that means the fans stopped caring.
That’s because we are only marginally better is not at a disadvantage at key spots

That is subject to opinion. LSU players were rated highly out of high school. That doesn't equate to talent, but potential.
And it’s the coach’s job to make sure that potential is reached for majority of those guys

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back