Blades & Ivey video VS UAB

Advertisement
I can't believe our guys still have this insane habit of not turning around to look for the ball. That was an easy pick for Ivey had he only looked.

Advertisement
Most of yall have already read my gripe about the way we play CB.
We're not freakin' physical enough, especially considering the size/length we have at CB.

I truly believe Blades has what it takes to be an elite press Corner. He's got the length, size and the dog. IMO he's being underdeveloped.

Whether it's a philosophical thing from Manny/Baker, or the way Rumph coaches, I don't know. I tend to think it's a philosophical thing, because our CB's haven't been physical in coverage since Manny got here. They don't get their hands on WR's.

Our guys don't run well.
Well if you don't run well, you sure as **** better be able to jam. That's been Richard Sherman's money-maker for years.

Our CB's should only be playing two techniques...
1. Press bail or...
2. Press your WR's into the Gatorade cooler.

Bingo. We play way to much shadow press man. These corners are big allow them to get their hands on these receivers to disrupt routes. You have a above average D line that will get to the QB disrupt some timing.

To me coaching needs to be addressed here as well. We get entirely to cute sometimes with these exotic blitzes

ivey would have been pulled during the louisville game no doubt in my mind.

Williams not being good enough to beat him out just shows his work ethic, even dumber that he left now when we're so thin at Corner and he probably would have taken over at corner by mid season

I can't believe our guys still have this insane habit of not turning around to look for the ball. That was an easy pick for Ivey had he only looked.
Yea that was an easy INT but to be honest the play at :34 when he’s toasted is far worse, Atleast he was in decent position on the touchdown

Advertisement
Back